a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: what bow is better evo or omen

Thumbs up what bow is better evo or omen

hey im not sure on what bow to buy i want to no if anyone is or has shot the evo or the the omen my elbows are getting tired witch would be better thanks

Dean,

Kinda depends on what you are looking for. Opinions vary. And purpose is king. If you are looking for a speed demon, the Omen can't be beat. If you are looking for a smooth drawing bow with some speed but not the fastest, the Evo is a great bow. For hunting, I'd go Evo. For all out speed fun, (and you aren't worried about a slightly rougher draw with a bump at the end) go Omen. That said, draw weight also plays into it. The Omen at 60 is much more manageable than the Omen at 70 if your strength is an issue.

Here's the best answer you will get: Go shoot 'em both and see which one chooses you.
    Ephesians 2:8-9, Hebrews 4:12, Genesis 27:7, Matt 6:33

I to think if you go 60lbs. and under the Omen for more speed, 50lbs. Omen for sure.

Hunting Evo 3D Omen. Not over 60 pounds though... 70 pound Omens are beasts to draw
    2014 Bear Agenda 6

50 lbs Omen is nice

PSE EVO 60 lbs.
    Blacked out

You want speed go with omen pro, want smoothness go with evo. Looking to buy a omen pro to add to my evo.
    2013 Hoyt spyder turbo, 70lbs black out
    Limbdriver Pro V, Tight spot quiver, Single pin Hogg Father, Fuse carbon blade.
    Spot Hogg Wiseguy release, Easton FMJ's

2013 pse omen max stormy hardwoods 60#
    Team whack'em and stack'em, aka "dookie soiled loincloth"

I prefer the Omen's draw over the EVO DS, the EVO 7 however blows them both away for smoooooothness (it's just slower). If you want speed, OMEN, if you want a great drawing and holding bow, EVO 7.
    Trophy Hunters Supply LLC
    Pro Shop authorized to sell: Bows by PSE, Obsession and Elite Archery..... Crossbows by Scorpyd, Killer Instinct, Ten Point and Barnett. We carry all the popular accessories and equipment needed to outfit all your hunting needs!
    Please call 920-562-BOWS or text 920-562-0099 for questions or to order!

Both are good bows and don't worry about speed coz both bows have all the speed you need. I would say shoot 'em both then go from there. Good luck
    Bayside Archery Prostaff

Quote Originally Posted by thirdypointer View Post
    I prefer the Omen's draw over the EVO DS, the EVO 7 however blows them both away for smoooooothness (it's just slower). If you want speed, OMEN, if you want a great drawing and holding bow, EVO 7.
    The Dream Season Evo and evo7 have the same cams so same draw cycle correct.?.?.?. Evo7 and evo6 have same cams so same smoothness IMO. It is plain simple, speed= omen pro, smoothness= evo 6 or 7.

The Evo 7 is a winner for both, I have the Omen. the Evo 7 and the Evo. All three are nice but the 7 for me is more shooter friendly. If you want to throw another into the mixture try the Supra ME. Yea it is long but it will be the bow I use for hunting as my primary bow this year My Evo 7 will be my backup.

EVO can hunt and shoot 3-D Omen I wouldn't take hunting

2010 Mathews Z7
    2011 Mathews Z7 Xtreme
    2012 Mathews Z7 Magnum

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Savini View Post
    The Dream Season Evo and evo7 have the same cams so same draw cycle correct.?.?.?. Evo7 and evo6 have same cams so same smoothness IMO. It is plain simple, speed= omen pro, smoothness= evo 6 or 7.
    You would think and yes the EVO DS is extremely smooth too, however the EVO 7 seems to have alot nicer valley the EVO DS seems to lack, which makes the EVO 7 seem smoother and having more felt let off. I personally chose the OMEN Pro for my hunting rig this fall, but i would have no issues using any of the 2012 Pro Series bows.........and i'll include the bowmadness and BruteX bows into that statement also! The problem isn't choosing PSE for your next bow, it's choosing which one lol, they make way too many models which is confusing enough........then pick a finish!
    Trophy Hunters Supply LLC
    Pro Shop authorized to sell: Bows by PSE, Obsession and Elite Archery..... Crossbows by Scorpyd, Killer Instinct, Ten Point and Barnett. We carry all the popular accessories and equipment needed to outfit all your hunting needs!
    Please call 920-562-BOWS or text 920-562-0099 for questions or to order!

Oh so you are talking about the valley. Got you now!