Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Team #12 - Team Liar

Two more days !!!! Haven't seen the big flocks that are normal around this year. But it also has never been almost 80' for several days since I've started hunting turkeys with a bow. Also the one area we like to hunt which is public has had a crew in there dozing dead trees out from the flooding the last couple of years. Don't know how this might affect that area.

Did I say 2 more days!!!!
    Staff Shooter for CCA (Cheap Custom Arrowwraps)check us out on the web to order your wraps
    '08 Martin Firecat a righty
    '06 Martin Slayer a lefty

Saw another flock today of about 15. There were a few strutting. I can't wait for season to get here.
    2012 Elite Anwer 65# 29" Pimped Red Hades Skulls Spott Hogg Right On QAD HDX Bloodsport HT-2 300 Stokerized SS1 Firenocks Yeti Grips Tight Spot
    2009 Elite Z28 Realtree AP 28.5" Trophy Ridge 5 pin NAP Apache Easton Axis 400
    Quote Originally Posted by L.I.Archer View Post
    Never trust anyone with two first names.

Quote Originally Posted by rjd View Post
    Two more days !!!! Haven't seen the big flocks that are normal around this year. But it also has never been almost 80' for several days since I've started hunting turkeys with a bow. Also the one area we like to hunt which is public has had a crew in there dozing dead trees out from the flooding the last couple of years. Don't know how this might affect that area.

best of luck to you Rjd! score us a big one.... so how long is your season down there? we have about 6 weeks of spring turkey here but you dont get 6 weeks to hunt. you have to apply for 1 of the 6 seasons in that time frame. after the application date ends, they figure out how many applicants there are compaired to available tags. after thats organized then they will sell the left over tags first come first serve. only 1 extra tag per day.
    keep us posted on your hunt. im 3 weeks out yet. good luck!
    2013 Hoyt G3 Element, Alpha V5 Micro, QAD HDX
    Victory arrows, Carbon Express, Easton FMJ, Tight spot

Sounds like some of your season are about to get started.. I have hunted NE in the past and love hunting down there...Also like how they run the season. Our season in Mn runs like Scaffido's in WI....We have 5 day seasons running back to back through the season, you get one if you draw in the lottery, so you get 5 days to hunt....the difference is that the last few weeks of the season are over the counter if you are archery hunting...My hunting opportunity in MN is limited so I usually don't apply and wait and hunt the over the counter archery time periods if I have a place to go.

I still need to post pics from last seasons SD hunt........ I will..

We leave the 11th for our SD spot and will hunt 4 days...

Good hunting!!

BTW...STILL waiting on my Insanity CPXL......

Glen
    Praise be to God
    A1 Archery Hudson, WI
    Hunt - BowTech Destroyer 340, HHA, LimbDriver Pro, Bee Stinger, Carbon Express, G5 Montec
    3d - BowTech Insanity CPXL Black Ops, CBE, LimbDriver Micro, Bernies, Carbon Express

Quote Originally Posted by rjd View Post

Did you have any luck?
    2012 Elite Anwer 65# 29" Pimped Red Hades Skulls Spott Hogg Right On QAD HDX Bloodsport HT-2 300 Stokerized SS1 Firenocks Yeti Grips Tight Spot

Not a gobble to be had. Never saw a bird. They have been in the area dozing trees . But had stopped about a week ago. Heading to another spot after work on Monday. The highlight of the day was while fishing on the dock of are lake . It was my son 2 year old grandson and myself catching several 10" crappies and a 3# flathead catfish. Before heading out for round 2 in the evening. Post more tommorow.
    Staff Shooter for CCA (Cheap Custom Arrowwraps)check us out on the web to order your wraps

Not looking good for me, haven't seen a bird on the property that hunt or heard one as of yet. Still have alittle less then a month to go till opening day here. There are afew birds roaming my dad's farm he says but I haven't been there to see them for myself, we hunt strictly tom's jakes get to live. I hunt with the bow till the last week of the season then out comes the Remington.

Matt
    2011 Hoyt Rampage XT 28"@ 59lbs, 2011 CRX32 Blackout 27.5" @60lbs
    Darkhorse Stud arrows 400's 28" with Montecs or Rage 3 blades
    Darkhorse Archery Staff Shooter darkhorsearchery.ca ECO3/LOG6 Prostaff

Unseasonably warm here. Have been going out and it seems like middle May. 75 degrees at noon, the little flying vampires are rampent. Hearing more gobbling in the morning . Havn't been able to get one close enough to see. There is a cold front moving through next week maybe that will help/

Goodluck rjd, hope you bag a big one.

Who's gonna be first on the board?! Im with the rest of you fellas Im really not seeing the numbers like in years past might have to venture from the ol' honey hole to a couple other properties
    Elite Answer
    MBG Ascent/Vengeance Head
    Pro V
    ACC Pro Hunters
    Scott Releases

Supposed to be record highs on Saturday. This getting to be a pain. Might have to hunt in my shorts.

im 2 weeks out yet so i hope someone scores before me. i have a 4 tags this year but all of a sudden my weekends are getting busy....
    good luck to everyone, lets get something going.

Itching to be hunting but have a while till season. I just ordered this decoy. Heck of a deal on it. http://www.wingsupply.com/decoys-acc...-turkey-decoy/ I hope someone sticks one tomorrow. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by scaffido View Post
    im 2 weeks out yet so i hope someone scores before me. i have a 4 tags this year but all of a sudden my weekends are getting busy....
    good luck to everyone, lets get something going.
    I hear ya with getting busy.I have one tag for four Saturdays to get it done.My brother is getting married the second Saturday so that's out.Three kids playing soccer every Saturday at three different locations.We can only hunt til noon here and the honey do list keeps getting bigger.It's gonna be a jungle around here by opening day.Well maybe with a little Irish Luck I'll score one.Come on April 28.
    Guardian 07,Gold Tip ,
    HHA OL-5519,Proline string,stoker,carter ,vision 175

Anyone having any luck yet? I am seeing a few success thread but the season seems so far away.(17th) Post some pics up of turks if you guys have any on trailcam. I hope I am not the first one to get one lol.

Went out again . 92 degrees and 20 mph winds. I'm done , going to take a couple of night off . I'll check back in on Friday.

its looking better by me lately. i have a flock of about 40 birds that im seeing on a regular basis. 10 more days and ill be in heaven.

i hope you can get back out there rjd and score us one. the #1 rule is patients, patients, patients. i know it gets hard if theres nothing around and no calling but sometimes they just show up, and wham! dead bird....
    good luck.

I was looking at the scoring thread and it shows not to many birds have been turned in so far. Also, I didn't realize weight counted so I am happy about that.
    "Iowa, Home of the 30# turkey"

my archery turkey season starts mid may ,i have a very good spot with a little luck should get a chance at another turkey this is my 4th year on this private land ."i plan on taking my 4th bird too in a row i get two weeks and i am retired always with my bow too." i am lucky its only 20 miles away and fridge is full of beer!!good luck gentlemen "whack those thunder chickens !! " Pete53

Quote Originally Posted by Pete53 View Post
    my archery turkey season starts mid may ,i have a very good spot with a little luck should get a chance at another turkey this is my 4th year on this private land ."i plan on taking my 4th bird too in a row i get two weeks and i am retired always with my bow too." i am lucky its only 20 miles away and fridge is full of beer!!good luck gentlemen "whack those thunder chickens !! " Pete53
    sorry your season is so late. we have a season that late here as well. its usually not the best hunting then. there are about 18,000 tags available for the last two weeks of turkey hunting (may 2nd-15th). i may pick one or two up just to give it a shot but its usually really slow.

good luck pete, we'll be waiting to hear how it goes.

sorry team 12 i will not be able to hunt this spring or even shoot a bow till mid august. i am having surgery on my left shoulder its going to be at least 4 maybe 5 month recovery time "just hope i can bow hunt for deer ?"april 23rd they open me up if i don`t do it i will ruin my rotary cup. good luck !whack`em and stack`em,Pete53

sorry team 12 i will not be able to hunt this spring or even shoot a bow till mid august. i am having surgery on my left shoulder its going to be at least 4 maybe 5 month recovery time "just hope i can bow hunt for deer ?"april 23rd they open me up if i don`t do it i will ruin my rotary cup. good luck !whack`em and stack`em,Pete53
    That sucks Pete that you can't shoot a bow for a while. Hope you recover quick and get out during deer season. Best of luck to ya!

Sorry to hear that Pete...Hope things go well and your recovery is quick and full. I didn't have a chance to read through everything....I hope everyone is doing well....At home and in the field.

My SD trip got axed due to some family issues....Sorry guys.

I will hopefully be hunting in the Mn over the counter archery season. I have been seeing Toms by themselves recently so wondering if the breeding was early and hens are on nests....Haven't seen a hen for a while.

Good news on my Insanity..It finally came in...Hopefully going to get it in the next day or so.

Here are a couple pics from last year in SD...Me with both birds that my buddy and I shot on the trip.....

Glen
    Praise be to God
    A1 Archery Hudson, WI
    Hunt - BowTech Destroyer 340, HHA, LimbDriver Pro, Bee Stinger, Carbon Express, G5 Montec
    3d - BowTech Insanity CPXL Black Ops, CBE, LimbDriver Micro, Bernies, Carbon Express

sorry to hear that pete. hope all goes well.

Got out Thursday morning . Weather is more like nirmal. Had a couple of birds gobbling . This is ths first time this year. Gave up a couple of yelps. then everthing falls apart. Not a returnyellp or anything, then the cooyote comeswithin about 30 yds. He got down wind and was gone . Heading out here in a couple of hours .

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast