a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Team #4 - Strut Stoppers

Scouting pics

Its getting that time .....headed out saturday and got some sweet pics of some toms doing there thing. Caught some nice images.

Front tom is gobbing

Tom breading a Hen. First time i have seen it.

my season doesnt start untl 4.30 and it cant come soon enough. Things are looking real good
    Check out Team NB on Youtube or huntvids.com. Public Land DIY hunts in Mass

Quote Originally Posted by passthru11 View Post
    Its getting that time .....headed out saturday and got some sweet pics of some toms doing there thing. Caught some nice images.
    Very nice pics! Looks like that back Tom in the first pic has a double beard. I'm heading out Saturday. Got my bow sighted in with my hunting arrows and got all my gear together. Can't wait!

Elite Pure 72lbs 31.5"DL

DSC_0177 (2).jpg

Left Spur:6/8 Right Spur:7/8
    Beard:9.5
    Weight:14lbs 8oz
    Scored:49.75

Scored 49.75

WOOHOO Congrats!!!!
    TEAM 11 CAPED & QUARTERED
    HILLSIDE CUSTOM SLINGS, LLC CUSTOM BOW SLINGS, RANGEFINDER LANYARDS, BINOCULAR LANYARDS, DUCK/GOOSE LANYARDS, BIRD TOTES, NECK LANYARDS, SURVIVAL BRACELETS, DOG COLLARS, KEY FOBS
    LIKE US ON FACEBOOK-HILLSIDE CUSTOM SLINGS, LLC
    RED ARROW ARCHERY SUPPLIES, LLC PRO STAFF- TEAM MICHIGAN

Quote Originally Posted by opg View Post
    Scored 49.75
    Nice bird!

I had an uneventful opener this weekend. Heard a few gobbles and has some jakes come in. Seems like they have really shut up around the house though. My buddy got it done with a bow on a different farm. Hoping next weekend is better!
    Elite Pure 72lbs 31.5"DL

Nice bird brother, way to put us on the board! Still got a few more weeks til we get a chance to get at them here, but I cant wait!
    Elite Answer
    Dead Center Archery Bowhunting Staff Triple Toe Game Calls Pro Staff

Congrats OPG, well done man ...the 30th cant come soon enough... I have some big target birds, i hope i can connect. ill be filming the first week so i'm hoping to share the experience with you guys.

this is a vid i filmed with my buddy rob. it was his first Tom with a bow. Public land in mass, Small patch of woods no gun hunters can go... dont mind the editing rough cut..

http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u...Cut4-28-11.mp4

This past weekend wasn't any better. I've never seen more jakes and hens in a spring season. I saw about 7 hens feeding through the field last Friday and they had three jakes in tow. One was in full strut! Thought for sure it was a Tom until I saw the fan in the binos. I also saw another group of 7 jakes feeding together.

It's not looking good for me this year. The toms might be in the woods, but they sure aren't talking. I might try to get back out Sunday.
    Elite Pure 72lbs 31.5"DL

Alrighty guys my season starts tomorrow bad thing is we are getting a ton of rain too but I will be going no matter what because I will be sitting in my nice dry blind
    TEAM 11 CAPED & QUARTERED
    HILLSIDE CUSTOM SLINGS, LLC CUSTOM BOW SLINGS, RANGEFINDER LANYARDS, BINOCULAR LANYARDS, DUCK/GOOSE LANYARDS, BIRD TOTES, NECK LANYARDS, SURVIVAL BRACELETS, DOG COLLARS, KEY FOBS
    LIKE US ON FACEBOOK-HILLSIDE CUSTOM SLINGS, LLC
    RED ARROW ARCHERY SUPPLIES, LLC PRO STAFF- TEAM MICHIGAN

Well guys i scored on a jake, not what i was planning on shooting. but...the jake lost his virginity to my hen decoy, and he lasted about 10minutes. While i was watching him, i thought to myself..i bet i can shoot him in the head. Well, i had to put my thoughts into action. So i took aim and put a 2" rage right through his neck...who needs bullheads. its my smallest birt ever, but the hunt came out great on film and i have a bird down. Now im holding out for a big ol tom..hope i connect. lots of birds for me too shoot, they just dont cooperate like i want....what gives...LOL. Anyway good luck to those still after there birds

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u...1/IMG_0491.jpg

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u...1/IMG_0493.jpg

Congrats on the jake man, every little bit helps! My season has been pretty crappy....between rain and birds not talking, its been awfully slow but I still got faith I can get it done!
    Elite Answer
    Dead Center Archery Bowhunting Staff Triple Toe Game Calls Pro Staff

Was unable to take one this time around. Maybe better luck next time.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123