Archery Talk Forum banner

Team #4 - Strut Stoppers

6K views 63 replies 9 participants last post by  fsuhunting 
#1 ·
Congratulations! Thank you for participating in the 7th annual Archerytalk Turkey Contest! Below you will find the list of participants for your team. Please consult one another regarding a team name and, once you have a name chosen, post it in the Team Name Thread. This thread is to be used for discussions, trail camera pictures, etc. etc. amongst your team. Please hunt safe and have a safe and successful season!

Randy (Beamen123) & Tom (Midlife Crisis)

BTP
delani's dad
firnatine160
fsuhunting
jason060788
jjlenehan
opg
PAkilla86
passthru11
snewton_89

#3 ·
Here as well guys, im also up for any name. I got a ton of big ole birds runing around this year on several propertys I have access to and with the weak winter the population should be one of the best in years. I have 2 tags and plan on getting some good video of some PA longbeards.

#4 ·
I am checking in. We have one of the earliest starts in the country, 3/15. I have 2 leases that are covered in birds, I have picks of them strutting last week.

Bad news now........I am on my second season turkey hunting. I missed a jake last year. But......i have a few buddies that are long time turkey killers and I'm trying to soak it all in.

#7 ·
Checking in from KY. Our season opens 4/14. I've killed one or two every year since I started, but this will be my first going after them with a bow. We are going to try to get it on video, so hopefully I'll have some good footage too. Good luck everyone!

#9 ·
checking in guys, im always good for one tom a year.... How about beard busters,strut stoppers. All my turkeys except one have been with a bow.Looks like its going to be a great year in the northeast. Already have some big boys scouted out. Ill get up some trail cam pics when i get to my home computer. Im at work right now...

#14 ·
Works for me too.

Been seing a bunch of turkeys out shed hunting and driving around on the places I hunt, just hoping this warm weather doesnt screw us up and get the birds all stirred up to early.

#15 ·
So whats anyone flinging this turkey season? For me it will be my "new" 2010 Ninja Z28 28/60 flinging victory vx22-hv tipped with either Rage 2bld. or maybe a fixed blade head with a DC talon behind it. Using the 22-HV's because I dont want to have to switch up from the 3D setup, they should be more than adequate for turkeys and depending how they perform they may even find themselves in my quiver come deer season next fall! I am more excited and confident for this coming turkey season than any before, will be working our tails off to get as many kills on cam as we can....I got 2 tags and plan to fill them both by any means, legal of course, necessary! I wont be "giving up" and taking the boom stick out til last couple days, but im hoping to be carrying a camera only by that time.

Also I have a thread open in the swap hunt section of the bowhunters forum looking to trade a turkey hunt, I would like to pass on the oportunity to my team mates if you would like to take a trip and hunt some new "country" I would be glad to have ya! As a teammate if you dont have a hunt to trade thats fine, I just like meeting and hunting with new people and spring gobbler is a great time for that! I have access to a good sized piece of family land that we always have a ton of birds on and no one really hunts turkeys but me. I also have access to several semi private areas, I say semi private because its not mine and I cant kick people off the land but its only myself and at most 2 others hunting these properties; these are properties owned by older friends or neighbors and they only let me or their family hunt, most of the time I dont see another hunter all season! Then there is the multitude of public land, which for turkeys I end up hunting as much as my private land....theres just that many birds and good hunting areas around here for turkeys! It makes it nice because most days I have access to more land I know harbors turkeys than I have time to hunt! I am also surrounded by some of the best trout fishing in the north east and some would say in the country, streams including pine creek, kettle creek, fishing creek, fishermans paradise, penns creek, antes creek just to name a few are all within 1hr of me! So maybe a Friday/Saturday hunt then fish Sunday could be worked out or whatever would work for you. I may be able to offer lodging depending on when and how long you would stay, but if not there are a large numbers of hotels or camp grounds...if theres multiple people tenting in my yard is always an option as well! Like I said you dont have to have a hunt to trade in return no worries, I will have a blast and get enough enjoyment out of meeting/huting with a fellow AT'er!

#20 ·
Sorry about that guy's! I knew it was coming up but forgot where to find this,lol. I am hoping to put the stop to any strutting in front of me this year. This will be my first year with the bow. I will be using my MQ1 or dad's Switchback. My hunt isn't until late April so I have a while to figure out my new call. BTW PAkilla, I never got a pm from you. Good luck everyone with your birds. Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.