Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Team #3 - Gobbling Fools

Team #3 - Gobbling Fools

Congratulations! Thank you for participating in the 7th annual Archerytalk Turkey Contest! Below you will find the list of participants for your team. Please consult one another regarding a team name and, once you have a name chosen, post it in the Team Name Thread. This thread is to be used for discussions, trail camera pictures, etc. etc. amongst your team. Please hunt safe and have a safe and successful season!

Randy (Beamen123) & Tom (Midlife Crisis)

12 point
    boarman1
    Chupacabra
    Deer_Sniper
    deerhunter101
    deerslayer261
    fitz
    gmixon0061
    JOSHM
    ksgobbler
    Lancaster Archery Supply - ProLine Bowstrings - Doinker Stabilizers

Prime Alloy - G5 Optix XR2 - QAD Ultra HDX - GT Hunters - G5 T3 / Strikers

Boarman1 signing in. I have a Hunt lined up in Florida for a Osceola on March 30th. Lets get a name picked out .
    AUTHORIZED DEALER !!SITKA GEAR, CORE 4 ELEMENT... ASAT CAMO... PREDATOR CAMO...OBSESSION BOWS... PRIME BOWS... PSE BOWS...BOSS BUCK FEEDERS,,GRIZZLY COOLERS,,,LONE WOLF TREESTANDS. MILLENNIUM TREESTANDS AND MANY MORE. EASTON ARROWS. GOLD TIP ARROWS,, STOKERIZED STABILIZERS,, B-STINGER AND MOST ANYTHING HUNTING RELATED WWW.SOUTHERNSTYLEARCHERY.COM

gmixon0061, Grant checking in, season opens in 23 days. Let's roll some birds.

Hey team! Chupacabra checking in. Don't care about the team name. Whatever you guys want. I've got WI, SD and NE hunts lined up this year. As usual I didn't draw my home state of MN, but they expanded the time for the OTC late season archery tags so I might throw MN into the mix yet this Spring. I see a couple people on the team that usually check in a bird or two so I'm optimistic for our chances.

Still only 3 checked in - ouch!

I'm here guys, my first hunt is in Kansas this year
    Trophypursuit. com

Hey guys, I'm checking in...I'm hoping to hunt Kansas and then PA.
    >>>>>>>>------------------>
    2012 Hoyt Carbon Matrix-
    Axcel Armortech
    QAD Ultra rest Pro HD
    Scott Mongoose Release

Josh and 12 Point

Are your hunts in KS DIY or guided? Either of you hunted there before?

Quote Originally Posted by Chupacabra View Post
    The hunts I've been doing in Kansas are DIY hunts. I've been deer hunting this property over 10 years but only been turkey hunting it for 2 years. I mainly go out in the spring to shed hunt, but bowhunting turkeys is a bonus while I'm there. It's just a great time to be in the woods.
    >>>>>>>>------------------>
    2012 Hoyt Carbon Matrix-
    Axcel Armortech
    QAD Ultra rest Pro HD
    Scott Mongoose Release

Josh and 12 Point

I'm hunting private ground with a friend that I hunt every year, last year my 2 sons and I killed 5 in 2 days, great spot
    Trophypursuit. com

Josh and 12 point
    Cool. I'm kind of a DIY guy myself as well. My Spring turkey season keeps expanding. I added NE last year and have been eyeing KS. Sounds like it might be worth a scouting trip. While only a few of us on the team have checked in, it seems like those of us that have are fairly serious turkey chasers. It usually only takes 4 or 5 birds for a team to win this contest. I've been stuck overseas for work the last few weeks and I can't wait to get home and get the gear out. I'll be leaving for my first hunt in NE just a week and a half after I get home - a fact i have tried not to remind my wife of. Has anyone tried to PM those on our team that haven't checked in? I'm happy to if y'all want.

Guys
    Because I can be a little impatient, and because I'm a little bored right now, I PM'd the five team members who haven't checked in. Hopefully we'll be hearing from them soon.

I hail from KS, and that will be the only state I hunt this year. Don't have money for a lease, and not much private so I'll get to hunt public. Coming off record lows, but they had a decent hatch 2 years ago, and a good one last spring, so I have high hopes for this year. I hunt alot, and am very picky about the shots I take.

Fitz is checking in. This is my first at contest but I won't let ya'll down. Some Tennessee turkeys gonna be movie stars soon. I don't care on the team name just ready to hunt. I have some new broadheads and my sling shot ready.

Hi guys sorry I am late but checking in....
    Diamond The Rock
    28"/65lbs
    Gold tip w/ slick Tricks
    Wisker Biscut
    Tru Glo 3 pin

hey yall! so sorry! completely forgot about the turkey contest. been really busy lately. Thanks Chupacabra for the message. Anyway...checking in from MO

Hey thanks for the messaging me I'm here. I never got any other message except Chupacabras. Our season here in NY starts later than most, May first. Good luck to all.
    BOWTECH GUARDIAN IN VELVET
    Cobra Sidewinder LX, 11.5 Octane Stab, Hostage Pro Rest
    Wildman Rd Hunting Club

Welcome aboard guys! I believe that makes all of us checked in now. I've got a good feeling about Team 3. Sounds like we've got a couple of March starts for people. My first hunt opens Mar 25 in NE. What about everyone else?

Mines March 24, got a group of birds I've been following for several weeks now. Hopefully the plan stays together, should put two down opening day.
    Obsession Phoenix 30"/60, Vaportrail Pro-V Limbdriver, Vendetta Stabilizer, Gold tip XT Hunters

Smile

April 16th here... My back yard already looks great.......
    Turkey001.jpg
    Turkey002.jpg

Diamond The Rock
    28"/65lbs
    Gold tip w/ slick Tricks
    Wisker Biscut
    Tru Glo 3 pin

Quote Originally Posted by Deer_Sniper View Post
    April 16th here... My back yard already looks great.......
    Turkey001.jpg
    Turkey002.jpg
    Niiice! Luck dog!

Four days until I leave for the Nebraska hunt. Got some new spots lined up. Getting psyched!

Four days until I leave for the Nebraska hunt. Got some new spots lined up. Getting psyched!
    4 days til the season opens!!! And the birds are fired up. Way to pumped here too!

seeing a ton of jakes around...need to find the ol toms

Just had 3 toms chasing a hen around the field out back. Whish May 1st would come. NY has all our seasons so messed up, Its way to late.
    BOWTECH GUARDIAN IN VELVET
    Cobra Sidewinder LX, 11.5 Octane Stab, Hostage Pro Rest
    Wildman Rd Hunting Club

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast