Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Team #1 - Springtime Assassins

checkin in guys!

PSE STAFF SHOOTER
    BEE STINGER STAFF SHOOTER
    SHREWD STAFF SHOOTER

Checking in... ill be hunting Kyle and Indiana on phone now ill update later looking for bowkill # 7 this year my biggest bird 26 lbs. 1-5/8 inch spurs 11 inch beard with a bow.

Sent from a Deer Stand or Duck Blind somewhere.
    My Gear is Older than Yours....
    Got some BuckNasty on it though
    Shooting Knat Nards at 70 + Baby!!!

I like beard busters.

That's Ky ill be hunting not Kyle dang phone... I been using tricks on all but one of my birds. Outdoorsman if u need hints or tips let me know I have about 20 years experience and oooodles of birds I've killed and called in. I love hunting turkeys.

Just got my new D350 all set up and ready to smokes some turkeys.

Lancaster Archery Supply - ProLine Bowstrings - Prime by G5 - DeerLab

Lord complete me, cause I'm Yours completely!

thanks Javelin, I will definitely look for some tips, HORAY!! I got my 5th season tag yesterday!! nice bow Beaman, im not a bowtech guy, but looks like a sharp bow, I might be getting a new PSE in a little bit.
    Hunting~~2011 G5 Prime Shift, Extreme Archery Site, Fuse Carbon Blade, Easton FMJ 440gr. 275fps 77KE, Nap Spitfire Maxx, QAD Drop Away Pro HDX, 65 pounds, 29" DL
    TEAM 15--- Band of Booners

Checking in from Florida. My name is Mike and ouyr season opened this past Saturday but I was at a Trad tourney so did not get to hunt the opener for the first time in about 20 years. Hopefully I will have a bird to check in within the next week or so. I have no preference for a team name so whatever everyone else agrees on works for me. Mike
    HCA Iron Mace 62#@30" G5 LE, Meta Peep. Limbdriver,FMJ 400@28 1/4" FOB's Slick Trick 100gr:Bowtech Allegiance 60#@30" G5 ME, Meta Peep,Limbdriver,A/C superslim 340@29" Slick Trick 100gr:Alphamax 32, 29 1/2" 60# G5 XR, Meta peep, Limbdriver,a/c superslim 340, Shuttle T-locs 100gr:82nd Airborne 30" 60# Axcell Armortech,Meta peep, Limbdriver, Axis .300@29" Slick Trick Mags 100 grain:

Howdy MKNOX, good luck this week, or whenever. start this team off!!

I might get a new Vendetta XS for my hunting bow, not sure about before turkey season. But hopefully soon!!
    Hunting~~2011 G5 Prime Shift, Extreme Archery Site, Fuse Carbon Blade, Easton FMJ 440gr. 275fps 77KE, Nap Spitfire Maxx, QAD Drop Away Pro HDX, 65 pounds, 29" DL

Wow MKNOX...you get to start chasing them early! Went out on Saturday to do some shed hunting and ran into a flock of 18 birds (12 hens, 2 jakes, and 3 longbeards) that were all fired up. The warm winter we are having in PA has them in an early frenzy. Hope it doesnt effect the season to much but it probably will. Didnt find any sheds either but I did see 3 bucks all still caring a full set of bone white headgear.

OK...lets get a name for this team shall we. The top two name choices so far have been..."Springtime Assassins" and "Beard Busters". Lets put it to a vote.

I'm partial to "Springtime Assassins"...

im in for springtime assassins. I cant put a trail cam in my turkey spot anymore because there is a campground right next to my spot, so people walk through.. got my sd card and batteries swiped in december, im glad he didnt take my camera at least!!

kinda off topic, but how did you guys do deer hunting this year? I missed a big buck this year. didnt end up killing anything either. oh well.

I'm in for Springtime Assassins. I wasn't able to take any deer with the bow, but with my second son due on December 3rd, I had to take the smokepole out during rifle season that started November 28th. I ended up putting a decent 6 point and a doe on the ground within 45 minutes of each other.

congrats on the deer, and congrats on the son

I'm good with Springtime Assassins also.
    Martin Cougar III Elite, Nitrous
    String & Cables - CRACKERS
    Arrows - Easton Epic
    Finger tab - CAVALIER

Still waiting on two of our team mates to check in...I will PM them again.

Team name "Springtime Assassins" has the most votes so far but still needs two more for the majority...

As for last years archery season I made out pretty good! Shot a really nice PA 8-pointer on November 9th after missing him earlier in the year and also scored on a nice gobbler that I posted earlier in this thread both with the Bowtech Captain. Here's some pics...

Harvest Pic...

Back from the Taxidermist...

Harvest Pic...

Looks like a successful season.

nice ones! in october I called in a jake one morning, it got to 45 yards, and then just casually walked down the wrong trail, it was still fun to call him in though! what kind of calls do you guys use?

I use an assortment of slates. I absolutely love using slates. I throw in a mouth call here and there. You can just do so much more with a slate call and a quality striker.

Quote Originally Posted by Beamen123 View Post
    I use an assortment of slates. I absolutely love using slates. I throw in a mouth call here and there. You can just do so much more with a slate call and a quality striker.
    ive never used a slate, I have a box call, and I really like my mouth calls. im gonna buy 4 more on saturday, I tried a slate one time and could never get it to work. do you use glass slates or what?

Been using a Woodhaven Copperhead for a while now and killed a bunch of birds with them (mouth call) and picked up the new primos hook hunter this year and it sounds pretty awesome so Ill be using it as well. Any team name is fine with me as well. Nothing like turkey hunting with a bow, sure is challenging. Be videoing everything this year too so hopefully Ill be able to post it. Never tried posting a video but Ill try to post a sloppy video of me and my buddy from last year. He missed then I dropped the camera trying to get my bow then i missed while they were runninig off at about 40 then he grabbed his gun and give them some warning shots. It was fun though. Last year was his first experience bowhunting turkeys.

Quote Originally Posted by outdoorsman3 View Post
    ive never used a slate, I have a box call, and I really like my mouth calls. im gonna buy 4 more on saturday, I tried a slate one time and could never get it to work. do you use glass slates or what?
    I use glass and slate. Cutting and purring with glass is my favorite.

I use just about everything...slate calls, aluminum calls, glass calls, box calls, mouth calls, etc...you man it I have it. Starting to see more and more birds out in the fields on the morning commute to work. Stinks that I have almost two months to wait before I can start chasing them!

Seems like "Springtime Assassins" is the popular choice so I will go ahead and submit it...anyone good with creating a team avatar?

Quote Originally Posted by OLDMOSSYHORNS View Post
    I use just about everything...slate calls, aluminum calls, glass calls, box calls, mouth calls, etc...you man it I have it. Starting to see more and more birds out in the fields on the morning commute to work. Stinks that I have almost two months to wait before I can start chasing them!

Seems like "Springtime Assassins" is the popular choice so I will go ahead and submit it...anyone good with creating a team avatar?
    we saw a bunch in the field too, I need to figure out where they roost.. there is a major victory during this season, and kind of a dowl fall. My 16th birthday is april 23 (3rd season) so I decided I was going to buy a 4th season tag so ill have my licence. thats a very good thing, but my bday is only 3 days before season, so I need to start drivin south as soon as 2:30 hit friday afternoon and try to scout! I also get to hunt youth season again this year because I made it by 2 weeks

I wish I was still enrolled in graphics class, I would make one! that would be cool if we had like a turkey picture, and then have a silluete of an assassin or a ninja or somethin, just off the top of my head after 1 hour of sleep..

Updated the team name. It's official!

Here was my 2011-12 deer season. Like I said before, I wasn't able to put anything down during archery season. Didn't even have a shooter in range all season. The buck i didnt really want to shoot but we needed the meat. Both deer gave us 156 lb of meat for the freezer. They were both really fat soy bean and corn fed deer. I shot these two 45 minutes apart on opening day. Can't wait to head up to camp to go after some birds.

That is a really nice PA 6 pointer...Congrats!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast