Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Concealed Carry Laws

Concealed Carry Laws

Ok I am doing a research paper for an exam in the next few weeks. Its an argument paper thats going to be why concealed carry permits are legal and why they should stay legal. Everyone one in the class is covering this topic. You are suppose to persuade the reader on why concealed carry laws are OK. I am the only one in the class (30+) people that is FOR concealed carry laws. I know there is SO much I want to cover but I have no idea where to start. Any ideas ... I want some of your guys opinions on why they should stay and be legal. Thanks

Might do a search and show there has not been a recorded incident where a concealed weapon was used improperly from what I have been told. Now this might have changed sense I was told.

Do a search on make my day law. You may find several incedents where concealed weapons were used.

Yet there been several incidents where citizens of Oklahoma have saved there lifes by carring a concealed weapons.

Another good incident you might use is the Lubys Cafeteria slaughter in Texas. If just one or two people would have had a gun it might have saved several lives. Lady politician in Texas is the reason Texas now has the concealed weapons. Her mom and dad was in Lubys.

Been an excellant law for Ok. I believe there passing a law now where you can carry the gun on outside and not concealed.

I would call one the concealed training officers and ask info. Im sure there full with good info on the weapons law.
    DB
    Archery is an addiction is for me. Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker Rest, Vapor Trail strings, OK-Archery DST 40, Eilte Z28 Bow, Carter/Scott releases, CBE sights, Goldtip arrows, B Stingers Stabilizers, Lancasters Archery, Slick Tricks, Vanetec Vanes, Elite Pulse

Good article

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/artic..._A1_hTeny75637

I believe if you search you will find statistics show this has been a very good law.
    DB

PS

Im betting these folks can give you plenty of info

http://www.guntalkworld.com/forums/index.php
    Archery is an addiction is for me. Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker Rest, Vapor Trail strings, OK-Archery DST 40, Eilte Z28 Bow, Carter/Scott releases, CBE sights, Goldtip arrows, B Stingers Stabilizers, Lancasters Archery, Slick Tricks, Vanetec Vanes, Elite Pulse

don't forget to include the states that have no permits for concealed law like, arizona, wyoming, alaska.....carry concealed for your protection....imagine watching someone take your 16 year old daughter right out of your hands, throw her in a van and be gone never to be seen alive again......ya think what a concealed 40mm handgun could have changed the outcome....
    Compounds.....a crossbow without a stock..... ya its still archery...
    Trad bows.....a compound without wheels.....ya its still archery...
    Crossbows.....a compound with a stock....ya its still archery......
    Archery, its why we are all on archerytalk,...... so stick togather and help preserve all our interest, not just your own!

Quote Originally Posted by manboy View Post
    don't forget to include the states that have no permits for concealed law like, arizona, wyoming, alaska.....carry concealed for your protection....imagine watching someone take your 16 year old daughter right out of your hands, throw her in a van and be gone never to be seen alive again......ya think what a concealed 40mm handgun could have changed the outcome....
    Thats a perfect analogy!! It will change minds fast.
    Ted Nugent has some great videos on you-tube also, as you know he is very opionated and holds nothing back!! They are great.

Oklahoma and Kansas have done multiple studies on the subject and all of that can be found with a little searching. I believe that another thing that might be mentioned is when Bush signed into law that law officers could carry nation wide which in turn helped other states use that as help with stats for getting thier concealed carry laws passed.
    Reezen 7.0. 29 1/2DL 70DW

With God at my side it isn't about what I have but how I use what he has provided to me. All you have too do is ask him into Your heart and he will forever more be by your side.

see if you can get ahold of the nra or some orgaization like that

If more people. good people, would carry handguns then alot of BS would stop

Imagine if there were no light,.. only darkness and no one could carry,.. but only the thieves, rapist , and those who murder.

They come into your home when you are asleep,..

They wait at a public place for you to open your purse or wallet they take when and what they want... and you beg them for your life.

But yet they do not care.

And one day there is light and you look around and see all those who have followed you... the ones who you thought were your friends,.. become you're worst enemy.

Crazy Wolf.

I wouldnt know what conceal carry is.... *See top right corner why*
    Hoyt/Athens

try this: http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/648703/posts
    and this http://civilliberty.about.com/od/pro...-Biography.htm

These are both researchers in this field and should have some good info.

One over riding statistic to look at is the crime rates in states that allow and those that do not. and track those rates before and after ccw. Good luck. Remember "When seconds count police are only minutes away"
    beaten paths are for beaten men
    2011 PSE Vendetta XL 70# 28"dl

look up data on violent crime rates for cities that allow conceal carry and those who do not. Its been proven that in cities were conceal carry is illegal crime rate is much higher than those that allow it

Violent crime has gone down in every state that has enacted CCW.

Cept the communist state of IL.
    2014 Hoyt Faktor 34 - Get Serious
    Spot Hogg - World's Toughest
    Doinker - World's #1 Stabilizer
    Easton Archery - Easton ACC 3-71

I like DB's original post. Find out the percentage of crimes commited by CWP holders where their legal weapon was used. And argue that criminals are criminals because they break the law and this law will not keep guns out of their hands.

And mention that criminals are not going to take a several hour course, fill out personal paperwork, and pay a fee to have a concealed weapon. Only the good people will go to all this trouble. The criminals are armed, do we want to be easy targets?
    Owner: **Precision Tune ** When good enough just ain't good enough!

Ill throw a great fact out there for you. In 2009 gary indeana was considered the murder capital of the world. In 2010 after the state of indeana passed the concealed. Carry laws guess how many murders there where in gary during the whole year of 2010..... 2 thats right 2 ....... nobody kbows whos got a gun or not so they dont want to start anything. Now i just hope the great state of illinois were i live passes a concealed carry law.
    2013 elite answer snow camo #65 28" draw, custom black gold ascent, tourquless grip, limb driver pro v rest, specialty archery featherlight 8", g5 head loc quiver, easton bloodline 400 arrows, nap kill zones, grave digger broadheads, 361 grain arrow going 300 fps with 72 ft lbs of ke....... and loving every minute of it!!!

Start and end your essay with the 2nd ammendment of the US Constitution.
    55#/28.5"/Blacked out D340/Blk Octane hunter/LD Pro/Blk Tight Spot/Axcel Pro 5pin/ Axis 340s/Steelhead 125s = Deadly
    "Why we hunt is more important than when, where, or how" - Gene Wensel
    2014-15 AT deer contest Team Tall Tines

when seconds count police are only minutes away
    2012 Carbon Element , 2012 PSE Blackhawk 60/45 , 2006 Powertec (soon to be franken bow)
    This is me every night )))------------>

Just google John Lott Jr. and/or get his book -

More Guns, Less Crime: Understanding Crime and Gun Control Laws (Studies in Law and Economics)

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/IS...9387712-550397

I have one word for you...CHICAGO! Other than hunting, the state of Illinois is worthless.

start your argument with the opening headline of a publicized case without the weapon, go through the five paragraph procedure and end with the second.ammenment, then follow up with how the outcome on the original statement would have different. give them something to think about when you are done. watch the youtube video (2 parts) why you shouldnt talk to the police, this will greatly influence your paper.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk

You need to get into these students heads. Our forfathers fought and died protecting our freedoms which include our right to bare arms.

Actually any law restricting ones right to bare arms is unconstitutional, be it concealed carry or open carry..not to mention this unconstitutional law we have in IL that forces us to have a FOID card to own a firearm.
    55#/28.5"/Blacked out D340/Blk Octane hunter/LD Pro/Blk Tight Spot/Axcel Pro 5pin/ Axis 340s/Steelhead 125s = Deadly
    "Why we hunt is more important than when, where, or how" - Gene Wensel
    2014-15 AT deer contest Team Tall Tines

Quote Originally Posted by BowHuntnKY View Post
    I wouldnt know what conceal carry is.... *See top right corner why*
    they make very poor personal defense weapons!

how many states don't have ccw laws, heck even NY has ccw permits just a pain to get.

Tell them you are for CCW laws because a police man wont fit in your pocket
    I live by my own rules (reviewed, revised, and approved by my wife).. but still my own-

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast