Thread: Vaportrail Limbdriver Cord Attachment

Vaportrail Limbdriver Cord Attachment

I see limbdriver now longer uses the button or split limb attachment parts, and you attach a pad to one limb and tie the cord on.
    Is this working just as well for folks as compared to using the attachment parts?
    I have a split limb attachment part and debating to use it or go with the pad and just tie it on?

Works just fine for me and about 4 others I know
    Destroyer 350
    FOBS Rock!!
    Gold Tip Arrows
    Stan releases
    Fantastic Combo!!

Use the pad and get it as close as you can to the end of the limb without it interfering with your cam.
    55#/28.5"/Blacked out D340/Blk Octane hunter/LD Pro/Blk Tight Spot/Axcel Pro 5pin/ Axis 340s/Steelhead 125s = Deadly
    "Why we hunt is more important than when, where, or how" - Gene Wensel
    2014-15 AT deer contest Team Tall Tines

If your bow has a yoke cable, I just tie it to the yoke split.

Ive used limbdrivers now for years and just use to always using the attachment parts.
    Bought a Pro-V and seen how it has the pad now.
    I will give that try!

I personally shoot the limbdriver pro-v which comes with the limb pad. since its included in the package, you might as well use it too.
    Bayside Archery Prostaff

Don't need pads etc. I've just zip tied it on or made a loop in the cord and done it that way. Either one works fine. Started doing that when the button became an incredible pain. Threw it away and have never missed it.

I've always had the button but really see no need for it. I would just tie it like you do a d-loop to one side of your limb or tie it into the yoke.
    Love my Limb Drivers!
    All for HIS glory! / Hunt hard or go home!
    09 Elite GT 500 Ninja / 08.5 GT 500 G1 camo
    T.R.U. Ball Shooting Staff / Vapor Trail Shooting Staff
    Steves Archery / Twin Oaks Archery

i had a bowstring made for mine and i attach it to the top axle
    "These things happened. They were glorious and they changed the world... and then we messed up the end game."
    "The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."

I don't use cord, I have strings made for mine to match the strings on the bows.
    I have the string looped around the limb on two, the round solid limb attachment on another.
    There is, as far as I can tell, no difference in operation between either method.

Kev
    Attached Images Attached Images
    AlienX, Next camo, 63lbs, 405gr@270fps, for bigger game.
    AlienX, Black/Skullz 60lbs, 340gr@300fps, AlienX, Next Camo, 56lb, 304gr@300fps, for 3D
    2003 Hoyt Razortec XT2000 63lb, 360gr@275fps, for 3D and light game.
    2008 Parker Trailblazer XP/Hoyt cam 1/2 Frankenbow 62lb,
    Samick T/D Recurve 50lb @ 28"

Quote Originally Posted by bloodtrail1 View Post
    I see limbdriver now longer uses the button or split limb attachment parts, and you attach a pad to one limb and tie the cord on.
    Is this working just as well for folks as compared to using the attachment parts?
    I have a split limb attachment part and debating to use it or go with the pad and just tie it on?
    I also have the split limb thingy. It works flawlessly as is, so I have no reason to change to something else.
    Hoyt Vectrix

I just starting shooting with a limb driver. Once I put my bow in a press (that is where the pad sits) it now works it's way down my limb. What's a guy to do? Buy a bunch of pads so you have to change it every time you want to press the bow? Seems like a bad design to me... Thoughts?
    ~ Hoyt Pro Elite ~ Hoyt Spyder 34 ~

Quote Originally Posted by clo650 View Post
    I just starting shooting with a limb driver. Once I put my bow in a press (that is where the pad sits) it now works it's way down my limb. What's a guy to do? Buy a bunch of pads so you have to change it every time you want to press the bow? Seems like a bad design to me... Thoughts?
    Like someone above said; tie it to the split yoke. Works perfectly

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Conan View Post
    Like someone above said; tie it to the split yoke. Works perfectly
    That's certainly a good solution that a lot of people are using. Another option, if you'd like to attach to a harder mounting point and since you're shooting a Hoyt, is to make a loop in your rest cord and slip it over the QCC (the plastic piece where your yoke mounts) and under the loop on your yoke. It works exceptionally well and gets your rest cord as close to the end of the limb as possible.

Here's a diagram in case the above isn't clear:

Limb Driver.jpg
    "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion." - Alexander the Great

i've used both and i don't care for the pad.. i liked more of the freedom i had with the split limb attachment
    Jacob Hemstock
    '11 VE+ '14 PCE XL
    I shoot for: GT, Axcel/Truball, Viscosity strings, FV
    "put your dot in the middle and shoot your shot, they'll tell you if you won later"

Either works fine. I found w/tying I had to re-tighten the cord after a few shots as the knot tightened around the limb is all.
    Xpedition Xcentric
    Xpedition Xplorer
    Limbdriver
    Stan/Scott
    VAP/Swhacker

Quote Originally Posted by ILLbucknut View Post
    Use the pad and get it as close as you can to the end of the limb without it interfering with your cam.
    i like it as far from the cam as you can and still have it come up all the way

I ended up using the split limb attachment that I had.
    I tried using the pad and going that route, but just like having the "old fashioned" attachment button or in my case split limb attachment.

Here is how mine is attached to the yoke. I haven't had a problem with it like this at all.

2011 PSE X Force Vendetta XL, Truglo Super Slam Sight, Limbdriver Pro V, Vapor Trail Strings and Cables, B Stinger, Bling Sling, PSE X Quiver, Carbon Express Maxima Hunter 250, Rage 2-Blade
    PSE MILITIA