Thread: Cam lean in bottom cam of hybrid system???

Cam lean in bottom cam of hybrid system???

How do you get the cam lean out of the bottom cam on a hybrid system? The top cam has the yoke, and the bottom doesn't, so how do you tune for the bottom cam? The lean on the bottom cam is really noticable at full draw, but looks pretty good at brace. I didn't put an arrow to the cams yet to see, but by eye, look good at brace. This is my first hybrid, and would like to get it all tuned as good as I can. The bow has split limbs, not solid. I have new fingers comming for my press to press at the tips like It should, but am trying to reasurch what I can before they get here. Thanks

Enjoy life as much as you can, whenever you can....cause you never know...

Quote Originally Posted by j.d.m. View Post
    How do you get the cam lean out of the bottom cam on a hybrid system? The top cam has the yoke, and the bottom doesn't, so how do you tune for the bottom cam? The lean on the bottom cam is really noticable at full draw, but looks pretty good at brace. I didn't put an arrow to the cams yet to see, but by eye, look good at brace. This is my first hybrid, and would like to get it all tuned as good as I can. The bow has split limbs, not solid. I have new fingers comming for my press to press at the tips like It should, but am trying to reasurch what I can before they get here. Thanks
    Try swapping the bottom limbs,
    left side limb into the right side pocket
    right side limb into the left side pocket.
    www.nutsandboltsarchery.com
    http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showth...=who+wants+dvd
    Send me an email for DVD = $25.00....

alanlui@comcast.net

Quote Originally Posted by j.d.m. View Post
    Check to make sure the spacers between the cam and the limbs are correct. I had this problem on my Xforce GX that I bought used. The previous owner had taken the bow apart and forgot one of the spacers which caused the cam to lean on the bottom cam.

If this looks correct, then look into swapping the limbs around
    2009 PSE Xforce GX 60#/27 1/2"(283 fps w/366 grain arrow)
    2011 PSE Omen Pro 60#/27 1/2"(298 fps w/382 grain arrow)
    2011 PSE Bow Madness XL 55#/27 1/2"(258 fps w/386 grain arrow)
    2011 PSE Axe-6 58#/27 1/2"(IBO)(298 fps w/300 grain arrow), 55#(ASA)/27 1/2"(287 fps w/305 grain arrow)

Nature of the beast....

Your can try playing around with shims....just what you do to the bottom do to the top.

Shoot through buss relieves a little. Especially at full draw.

Spacers to balance the lean

Use in stiffer limbs in certain positions

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vantage Elite +'s (77#, 60#, 55#) And a Matrix with Spirals for hunting
    Things I Like: Honey Badger Bowstrings, Gold Tip Arrows, Affordable Stabilizer Weights (ASW), Grave Digger Broadheads, and DS Advantage Products

There isn't much you can do. Just hope for the best. Most of the time, it won't cause a problem but it can be bothersome to look at.

So how does it shoot???? Is there a problem???????
    Have a good day and a better hunt

I didn't get it dialed in yet, just threw a rest on it to fire a few shots to check it out. I half to get the correct draw length mods for it as I am a 30"-30.5" draw, and it is set at 28" right now. It is a very quiet, little vibration at shot bow. I think most vibe is comming from the limbdriver string. I really need to get the bottom cam straitened out. It is starting to show wear marks on the serving where the cam rotates and kinda forces the cable in track. When I get the press fingers, I will swap limbs around. I have the abillity to increase poundage to each limb as well. I can increase each limb 2 lbs at a time. maybe I will try one setting higher on the one limb to see if that changes it.
    Enjoy life as much as you can, whenever you can....cause you never know...