Thread: Charleston, IL. "Broken Arrow 3D"

Thumbs up Charleston, IL. "Broken Arrow 3D"

Broken Arrow 3-D Bow Course is located in the Sargent Woods in Hutton, IL ( just 10 minutes from Charleston). The course features 30+ Rinehart targets with shooting stakes in 5 categories including: Open, Youth & Women, Kids, Bow Hunter and Traditional. Broken Arrow features a wide selection of targets from a full size bull elk and 30 point buck to the fun yet challenging targets of the mosquito and a 6' dinosaur. This from their Facebook page Broken Arrow 3D Course

Fellow AT archers if you want to go to a great club shoot in Central Illinois this is a club shoot that is a must IMO. A great wooded range with some minor hills on the course. The course itself is extremely well maked with sponser signs, target numbers, class stakes are even clearly marked and color coded with score cards. They have room for 60 targets safely and alternate between two different 30 target courses month to month with 60 target course in Sept. They have a nice club house, great food and are a super bunch of people to be around. Thier practice range is hanging bags at 20, 30, and 40 with nice bow hangers there and through out the couse. They take great pride in thier club and its shoot and put alot of time and money into it. They have a long range money target in which they charge $5 for 3 arrows every arrow that you put in the target you get a ticket, if you hit a red marker you get 2 tickets. Those tickets you get put you in a drawing for a hundred bucks at the end of the day and this same target has money stuck on it if you hit it you get it. All the money raised by this goes directly to their new target fund which let me tell you they got it all. They are all Rinehart targets, yes I know ugh!!!! But hey they must do something right with getting between 140 to 170 shooters each month last year. Hell they had 152 shooters on this past Sun. March the 3rd with 30 to 40 temps. and possible snow flurries but still pulled a crowd. They had a moose, 2 elk, and caribou set up for this shoot and it was spot on for staked positions according to class. They will also be hosting an ASA dual qualifier for Illinois and Indiana, yes that is correct both states with one shoot. So do yourself a favor make the trip and have fun, be competitive and leave with a smile on your face. The remaining dates are listed below with sign in from 7am till 1 pm..

April 1st
    May 5th & 6th ASA Qualifier Shoot
    June 2nd (Night Shoot sign in at 6:30 pm to 7:30 pm)
    June 3rd
    June 17th is a benifit shoot
    July 1st
    August 5th
    Sept. 2
    Sept 15th and 16th 2-Day Shoot 60 Target Iron Man with free feed on the 16th all venison for meat

Contact Bill Ferry at wmferry@hotmail.com or give him at (217) 549-8747 if you need more info
    You can take the boy off the farm but not the farm out of the boy!

Hey... Bill Ferry here with Broken Arrow 3D... Thanks dairyboy4 for posting our schedule and all the kind words about our course... Not sure why your hating on the Rineharts...lol... We do try to put on a great shoot each month... We figure that as long as we focus on creating the best shoot we can, the people and numbers will come... However, that is never our objective... We want to have a family friendly 3D course that will keep families and hunters shooting all year long... Some of my greatest memories of my boys were created on 3D courses from years ago... We hope that our course will create some of those memories for our shooters... Thanks Again!!!

Bill you guys really do a great job. Keep it up. You know the family and myself will be there every time we can.
    2013 BowTech Pro Staff
    Gold Tip Factroy Staff,Carter Releases
    Vane Tech Pro Staff,Sword Pro Staff,
    Coffey Marketing,
    A.S.A. IL State Director

TTT for a great club shoot that is tomorrow!!!!!

TTT for a great shoot happening this weekend....... remember this is an ASA Qualifier .....hope to see some fellow ATer's there

6. Bill an paul just want to thank you all for a good time today dont think i have this much fun just shooting my bow you guys are awsome looking fwd for more shooting time at your range. People if your around charleston il look these guys up friendly fun an something for every level of bow shooters out there you definitely wont regret it. Thanks again eric