Thread: 20 vs 25 target course

20 vs 25 target course

I've been to some shoots lately with 20 targets on the course instead of 25 due to weather. Personally I like the 20 target lay outs. I get some good 3ding in and get home a little earlier to pursue other actives.

Which would you rather shoot 20 or 25.
    Twinoaks Archery Range VA
    2013 Elite Hunter
    2009 Elite GT 500
    Brewer of great Ale

I have never shot anything but 20 target courses down here in florida. we shoot 20 in the morning and 20 in the afternoon at all the NFAA tourney's I attend,
    HCA Iron Mace 62#@30" G5 LE, Meta Peep. Limbdriver,FMJ 400@28 1/4" FOB's Slick Trick 100gr:Bowtech Allegiance 60#@30" G5 ME, Meta Peep,Limbdriver,A/C superslim 340@29" Slick Trick 100gr:Alphamax 32, 29 1/2" 60# G5 XR, Meta peep, Limbdriver,a/c superslim 340, Shuttle T-locs 100gr:82nd Airborne 30" 60# Axcell Armortech,Meta peep, Limbdriver, Axis .300@29" Slick Trick Mags 100 grain:

Unless it's 2 arrows per or going around twice, 20 targets isn't worth driving any distance for. Even 30 targets gets hard to talk yourself into when gas is getting close to $4 (unless it's fairly close and a nice setup).

We shoot 30 here in Texas. Love it..more the better.

Oklahoma pretty much all 20 targets. I think 25 the right number of targets.

Those hot Oklahoma summers 20 plenty.
    DB
    Archery is an addiction is for me. Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker Rest, Vapor Trail strings, OK-Archery DST 40, Eilte Z28 Bow, Carter/Scott releases, CBE sights, Goldtip arrows, B Stingers Stabilizers, Lancasters Archery, Slick Tricks, Vanetec Vanes, Elite Pulse

Quote Originally Posted by MKNOX View Post
    I have never shot anything but 20 target courses down here in florida. we shoot 20 in the morning and 20 in the afternoon at all the NFAA tourney's I attend,
    For central and So Fl...any of the ASA qualifiers ....we shoot 30 targets.......Up in J'vill they shoot 20..... It does get pretty hot and humid come the summer time...... So most everyone wants to be over and done by around 3ish..(here).....
    In God we Trust all others pay CASH

I message from my phone...so posts are short and sweet . No need for grammar , figure it out man.

We shoot 20 for compound shooters and 30 for traditional shooters. We have a shot gun start and try to have both groups finish about the same time. Seems to work pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by EROS View Post
    I've been to some shoots lately with 20 targets on the course instead of 25 due to weather. Personally I like the 20 target lay outs. I get some good 3ding in and get home a little earlier to pursue other actives.

Which would you rather shoot 20 or 25.

X 2...20-30 targets non stop. I dont like having to shoot 15-20 targets, break for lunch and then shoot 15-20 more. It makes for a very long day. I also like casual starts, allows more shooters in my opinion.
    M & M ARCHERY--NUCLEAR-CHICKEN BOW STRINGS GET NUKED!!!!
    HOYT---EASTON---COMPETITION ARCHERY PRODUCTS
    SCOTT--BCY--CBE--AXCEL

When i had the range here bit was all casual starts. But I guess for the state shoots a shot gun is the way to go.

As far as driving the ASA has only 20 targets rounds..

Even the team shoot was cut down to ten.
    2013 Elite Hunter
    2009 Elite GT 500
    Brewer of great Ale

Most of our events are 2 courses of 20 targets each for a total of 40 targets per day- casual starts. if we can, stakes re-arranged between days.
    Our big event of the year is 75 targets - with 50 on Saturday, 25 on Sunday over 3 courses - shotgun start
    Our last event of the year is 2 x 20 with an additional 15-20 target novelty course - casual start.
    2013 VP Tournaments - Bend Bowmen
    Hunter Education Instructor - Bow Hunter Education Instructor
    On-Foot, Public Land Bow-Hunter

30 and 40 target country in my area and sometimes 50.
    Pearson MarXman, Limb Driver, Muddy Virtue HT3s, Bohning vanes, Sure Loc Challenger,
    Super Ball Peep, Stanislawski MagMicro Trio, Onyx, Blackjack and TRU Ball ST360, 30" Cartel.

20 targets isn't worth much of a drive. I don't think a shoot should be less than 25.
    "You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em,
    Know when to walk away and know when to run.
    You never count your money when you're sittin' at the table."
    Supra ME,[/COLOR] DNA SP
    Stan ShootOff and JustX releases for hunting, foam and paper!

Our circuit cut back to 25 this year from 30, but keep the price the same. I seem to like it so far. Makes it easier on me setting it up myself.

I'm going to have 3 30-target shoots through the year though. Keep the price the same.
    Robbys Sales ... Great prices on Mathews, Elite, and Bowtech ... Mt. Airy, NC (336) 786-8017
    Vapor Trail Archery
    Elite GT-500 Next G1 Elite Energy 35 Black Elite Pure Cosmic Orange

Quote Originally Posted by sagecreek View Post
    Our circuit cut back to 25 this year from 30, but keep the price the same. I seem to like it so far. Makes it easier on me setting it up myself.

I'm going to have 3 30-target shoots through the year though. Keep the price the same.
    I think you should at least volunteer once at a range at set up time so you can understand the work that goes into a 3d setup.

I miss the people who shot with us and enjoyed the complements we received on our range. But I don't miss the two days to setup and the two days to run the range. It's nice going places and know others are doing the work.
    2013 Elite Hunter
    2009 Elite GT 500
    Brewer of great Ale

30 to 36 here some clubs 45

Usually 30 in Mich

Its usually 28-30 targets here, and personally I like that number. It makes it worth the drive as people have said.
    Shop shooter for Advancement Archery in Mineral Point, WI

Target Bow= 2011 Hoyt Alpha Elite 56#, Ax 4500 w/CR scope 5 power, Shrewd Stabilizers, TT spring steel

I am amazed at the number of courses that are 30 or less targets... I had no idea. We have always had 40 target events and if we deviate, we go up.. I may have to consider a shorter, smaller, event in the future.
    2013 VP Tournaments - Bend Bowmen
    Hunter Education Instructor - Bow Hunter Education Instructor
    On-Foot, Public Land Bow-Hunter

20 25 and 30 but with the high cost of fuel I like 30 unless it is in jan or feb then 20 is fine

How many of you that say 20 isn't enough actually help set and takedown a range? Out of 100 shooters we may have 15 that are WORKING members of ANY club.

Support a club with more than your entry fee and target numbers may increase.

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk

Sand Mountain Outfitters
    /Wytheville, VA

2014 Elite Energy 35 - black and camo
    2014 Elite Energy 35 - realtree xtra

I'm pretty worn out from kicking Eros's butt after 20 so I'll stay with that.
    2011 Pure 29/55 332/284 3D
    2011 Pulse
    2012 no thank you very much..
    2014 Energy 35
    Frequent Frankenbower

Quote Originally Posted by bowhunter_va_28 View Post
    How many of you that say 20 isn't enough actually help set and takedown a range? Out of 100 shooters we may have 15 that are WORKING members of ANY club.

Support a club with more than your entry fee and target numbers may increase.

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk
    I help setup and tear down at the club I'm a member of. We have to setup the morning of the shoot because the range is public and we'll get targets stolen or damaged if setup early. We usually start around 6 am (I live about an hour from the range) and there are usually around 8-10 people helping setup. Not a real easy task but we do it 3 times a summer.

I liked the twenty target setup we did last month due to weather we may go to 20 when it's extremely hot our cold like it was last month it's a lot of work that goes into a range I hear people complain about gas prices it's killing everyone but clubs need your help staying open I know I burn about $80 dollars per weekend I setup and run Sherwood 3 trips at a hour each way gets expensive and get nothing in return for it except all the friends I've made

we shoot 30 targets in league then come june we shoot 15 on wed. night just because of the time we have to shoot till it gets dark..... 30target shoot cost $10 and 15 cost $6

I like 20, seems like work with many more than that.