a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Darton FireForce

Darton FireForce

Can anyone comment on this one? It looks very interesting to me......

I know a few guys who love them...to me they were not as balanced as my sz 380, and had slight vibration, neither were deal breakers. It was a little louder then some other crossbows, but with that being said they are fast as heck! So it depends on what you are looking for. The guy I know who shoots one says they are accurate. Dartons customer service is very good from what i have heard, but I have not used them myself. Good luck
    Strike Zone 350, Hawke XB30, Gold Tip Lazer III, Lumenoks, NAP FOC Broadheads

Thanks! Having shot Hortons for so long, it looked like something I could switch to and feel comfortable with.
    Proud Member of the Roy Hall DRIVEN Foundation Impact Team LUKE 12:6
    CROSSBOW CONNECTION MAGAZINE, Field Editor
    Carbon Express CX-1 Blue Streak Arrows Torrid Broadheads
    ...please visit my Blog "Lee Phillips Outdoors" at www.buckhuntinginpa.com ...

Are there no Fireforce owners out there on AT that can comment on this crossbow? Would appreciate input on the shootability including balance, vibration, loudness, mid-long range accuracy for targets & 3D, trigger creep/pull and their safety design if at all possible. I've seen some information posted that Darton has done well in the competitive ranks and am curious about this bow for general 3D and competitive shooting, plus hunting. Thanks!

they shoot 400 fps. , I thought competition limit is 300 fps.?, of course I could be horribly wrong...
    LS 390, HHA, HHA scope L-4
    Vent 150 HHA Vortex Diamondback
    Excalibur Matrix 380, RH Custom string, Trigger Tech, HHA
    Crossbow Warrior Pro Staff
    NRA Member !

I would not go the Fireforce for 3d. arrow removal would stink. the Serpent II LTD would be a better choice. Same high end trigger but abit slower and quieter. I was impressed enough with them to bring them into stock..
    Wyvern

what is the speed limit for competition ?
    LS 390, HHA, HHA scope L-4
    Vent 150 HHA Vortex Diamondback
    Excalibur Matrix 380, RH Custom string, Trigger Tech, HHA
    Crossbow Warrior Pro Staff
    NRA Member !

The Darton website shows competitive 3D shooters who won various IBO shoots and they were using the Serpent II LTD bows last season. I called the factory and talked with a tech service person and he said the new Fireforce shoots extraordinarily well at mid to longer ranges and they have received comments they tune even easier then the Serpent II LTD. Since I want to use it for target shooting, 3D and hunting he also felt the Fireforce would be optimum and encouraged me to find dealer where I could shoot both. Looks like I'll have to do that to fully understand the difference. He also commented the noise, balance and shootability were about the same on both bows even though the Fireforce is considerably faster. The reason I posted was to try to get info from those who have shot the Darton high end bows and in particular the Fireforce since it is so new and recently released.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyvern Creations View Post
    I would not go the Fireforce for 3d. arrow removal would stink. the Serpent II LTD would be a better choice. Same high end trigger but abit slower and quieter. I was impressed enough with them to bring them into stock..
    Wyvern
    Plus shooting the Ltd as well I thought it was better balanced, the fireforce felt front heavy to me.

This is ... an interesting high performance bow. Seems to be flying completely under the radar.
    Scorpyd Velocity165 425.5fps @ 426gr & 171KE, Zeiss 3-12 Illum Duralyt, CamX Accuspine, 100gr Firenock SBG RamCats Scorpyd Orion150 Leupold 2.5-8x36mm, AcuDraw, Wyvern BEEs. Swarovski bino, Leica rangefinder, Surefire, Deerelight & Fenix lights.
    White Buffalo Inc. - Project Manager ... Wounded Warrior Project - Mentor ... NRA Life Member 1971

Darton is harder to find a dealer for than Scorpyd. Their bow is great...their marketing sucks. They are starting to work on it but "under the radar" is a good way to put it.
    Wyvern

Quote Originally Posted by Wyvern Creations View Post
    Darton is harder to find a dealer for than Scorpyd. Their bow is great...their marketing sucks. They are starting to work on it but "under the radar" is a good way to put it.
    Wyvern
    Darton ... and maybe the Scorpyd Ventilator appear to be raising the true high performance bar a notch here. By "true" I mean not using ludicrously light arrows to acquire an eye catching number. Not a leap, just a bump ... and I'm therefore guessing with reliability. I kind of use the Strykeforce as the base number for performance and reliability and judge off of that. It's an established bow that did 385fps/425gr three years ago. Perhaps ... progress outside the screaming and desk pounding we put ourselves through in this crossbow world.
    Scorpyd Velocity165 425.5fps @ 426gr & 171KE, Zeiss 3-12 Illum Duralyt, CamX Accuspine, 100gr Firenock SBG RamCats Scorpyd Orion150 Leupold 2.5-8x36mm, AcuDraw, Wyvern BEEs. Swarovski bino, Leica rangefinder, Surefire, Deerelight & Fenix lights.
    White Buffalo Inc. - Project Manager ... Wounded Warrior Project - Mentor ... NRA Life Member 1971

Not happening as fast as a few want it to:-)

The Darton Serpent is one sweet shooting crossbow! It is one of the bows I tested a while back that I did no want to send back when I finished the test. It was one of the easiest to cock crossbows I've seen and was just a great all around hunting crossbow IMO.

That 400 fps job looks mighty long and heavy to me.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    MOON

Super Small (SS) Recurve Crossbows - The Future of Recurve Hunting Crossbows

Anyone shot the Fireforce and Serpent II LTD side by side? Please provide your thoughts about the differences on these two.

The Fireforce is slightly louder and abit more hand shock. Other than that they shoot the same but the Fireforce is noticably faster.
    Wyvern

I held this one today at the Ohio Deer Expo. It is a bit longer and front end heavy. It did not feel as well balanced as the others.

I have been taking the Fireforce around for people to shoot at shows and dealers. Its a great bow and super fast. If your looking for a crossbow with lots of speed its right up your alley. It does have some kick and is slightly louder than the rest of Dartons line up. We have tested this beast shooting it up over 100 yards and the accuracy blew me away. The video is posted out on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfgJoez31Fs If I were looking for a great hunting bow this would not be my choice and I would take the Serpent or the Serpent LTD over the firforce. They are narrower and shorter draw.

Shot the Darton Fireforce and Serpent LTD II yesterday along with the SZ 380. Previously shot the TAC 15i, Ventilator and new Tenpoint so have covered most of the bases. Although I was impressed with all the bows and each has it's strengths/weaknesses I'm thinking the Fireforce may be the one unless those with a lot of Darton experience recommend otherwise. The Serpent LTD II fit great and shot well but I like the Fireforce since it's the same weight, packs more punch but is also louder and has more shock from the shot. It would definitely allow going to a heavier arrow for a future Buffalo hunt or possible trip to Africa. In addition it's apparent Darton has done their homework and really beefed up the Fireforce's limbs, cam bearings, etc., plus has the option to use their crank system if cocking by hand is hard on the shoulder. The Dealer Technician and Darton Technical Service Rep I called said accuracy is as good or better on the Fireforce since it has a 4 1/4" longer powerstroke. Does that seem right with those of you who may have expertise with these two crossbows? I will practice routinely on the range at 50-100 yds and want something that carries a lot of KE on a 40-50yd maximum range shot when hunting if using expandables.

My gut ... reaction, or I sense this bow is similar to my 2009 Strykeforce. Well built, fast and powerful. A natural born deer killer. A foible or two, but overwhelmingly a good bow for killing big game. The Scorpyd Ventilator is getting a lot of press lately; and rightfully so ... but this bow has the same performance parameters, and I've seen them with scope, quiver, and cocker, $350.00 cheaper than the Ventilator MSRP alone.

I just visited their website and from what I read their warranty is only 10 yrs with 100% covered for 3 years, then 50% through 5 or 6 years then only 20% covered until 10 years....not sure I like that for the money spent!!

With the very high number of arrows I'll be putting through a Fireforce on the range the first 3 years I'd consider that a great warranty shake down period for limbs, axles, bearings and other wear type parts. Those that have the newer Darton's told me I will get 5-10 times more shots out of the strings and cables as most other crossbows out there. Based on how beefed up their design is from a mechanical engineering standpoint the Fireforce design looks good to me. Plan to call Dave at Wyverne's and get his input and expertise as I make my final decision tp purchase.

My goal is the same as NDPronghorn's. I want something to shoot at longer ranges if needed. When I held the Fireforce at the Ohio show, my thoughts were that it was fairly heavy, and I wouldn't want to pack it very far. The design and feel were nice.....just felt heavy.