a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Can a mod please fix???

Can a mod please fix???

On every page of AT a window pops up that my trend software picks up "has detected a security violation and has blocked url" ...I'm assuming its one of the advertizers certificate or something or other...I've spoken to my IT guys at work, they say there is nothing that can be done on this end, its an AT problem....Anyone looking into this?
    Extremely annoying.....

Helllllooooooo......anyone aware? working on it?

Anyone else having this issue?

here is one...I've seen others on different threads
    http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1714450

Quote Originally Posted by phumb View Post
    On every page of AT a window pops up that my trend software picks up "has detected a security violation and has blocked url" ...I'm assuming its one of the advertizers certificate or something or other...I've spoken to my IT guys at work, they say there is nothing that can be done on this end, its an AT problem....Anyone looking into this?
    Extremely annoying.....

Im getting the same thing. Could someone please help me with this?
    Hoyt Maxxis 31 w/ RKT conversion/ QAD Ultrarest / HHA / Scott Exxus

1. Web Reputation checks ALL outbound HTTP requests, user initiated or otherwise. The fact that WRS is blocking something means there is something on your machine trying to make outbound HTTP requests, and WRS is stopping it.

2. While you work to find the root cause/infection, you can turn off the pop-up at least so it doesn't aggravate the user. You can do this in the OfficeScan Management Console by un-checking "Display a notification when a web site is blocked" under Networked Computers -> Client Management -> Settings -> Privileges and Other Settings -> Other Settings (tab). This won't turn WRS off, it just suppresses the pop-up. The blocks will still be logged in the OfficeScan console though as long as you have that enabled under Networked Computers -> Client Management -> Settings -> Web Reputation Settings -> Client Log.

3. You should contact Technical Support, or continue to work with them if you are already, on finding the root cause, which in my opinion is some type of malware on the system based on the behavior you reported.
    This is from a Trendmicro employee. I'm not sure what the issue is and have never experienced it, but I would certainly run another program and scan your computer to make sure you have no harmful or potentially harmful malware on your pc.

Malwarebytes is free and does a wonderful job at finding and eliminating infected files. Just make sure you update and then run a quick scan, reboot if needed.

http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebyte...-10804572.html

Quote Originally Posted by someonescop View Post
    This is from a Trendmicro employee. I'm not sure what the issue is and have never experienced it, but I would certainly run another program and scan your computer to make sure you have no harmful or potentially harmful malware on your pc.

Malwarebytes is free and does a wonderful job at finding and eliminating infected files. Just make sure you update and then run a quick scan, reboot if needed.

http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebyte...-10804572.html
    I did this and still have the same problem and it only happens on this site tho. Im going to contact Tech Support.
    Hoyt Maxxis 31 w/ RKT conversion/ QAD Ultrarest / HHA / Scott Exxus

I contacted my tech support..they had me go in and disable a feature somewhere in trend...tho not recommended, it stopped the annoying warnings...

.I'm assuming its one of the advertizers certificate or something or other...I've spoken to my IT guys at work, they say there is nothing that can be done on this end, its an AT problem..

thats correct but you can do something... unfortunately you have to disable part of the trend, not recommended

I've spoken to my IT guys at work, they say there is nothing that can be done on this end, its an AT problem.