a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Martin Cougar Speed Flight

Martin Cougar Speed Flight

What can anyone tell me about the Martin Cougar Speed Flight?

I've never heard of this bow before and am considering purchasing one from a local private party seller.

Any information would be helpful; especially from those who have shot and hunted with one.

Many thanks, AT'ers

Quote Originally Posted by cfuhrer View Post
    What can anyone tell me about the Martin Cougar Speed Flight?

I've never heard of this bow before and am considering purchasing one from a local private party seller.

Any information would be helpful; especially from those who have shot and hunted with one.

Many thanks, AT'ers
    Um...the Cougar Speed Flight is a pretty old bow...like 20+ years old. If that is indeed what you're looking at, you'd better be getting a heck of a deal on it. I'm talking probably less than $50.
    Ron Paul

2008 Hoyt Katera in APG Camo
    2008 Hoyt Katera XL in Inferno
    2008 Hoyt Katera XL in APG Camo

Like ju1ce said its 20+ years old I had one in the day they were a great bows Killed a few deer and elk with mine.

20 years or more old is right. I shot my first deer with it 12 years ago and it was a hand me down from my brother. I think he bought it in 1993 and at the time it was once of the best on the market. It'll do the trick but give us some details on what you are willing to spend. You can get into a complete set up bow in the AT classifieds for $300 anymore and that's a bow not much over 10 years old. If you decide to buy it, you'll find replacement parts very difficult to come by.

I was just looking to add another bow to the collection, possibly something to hunt with. But based on the age, I'm not going to take a chance on it.

Thanks so much for the insight guys!