Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Leupold VX-R 2x7x32 FireDot Reticle 30mm

Leupold VX-R 2x7x32 FireDot Reticle 30mm

Just wondered if anyone has any experience with the Leupold VX-R 2x7x32 FireDot Duplex reticle scope ? I finally found what I've been looking for. A high quality illuminated dot duplex reticle scope with all the goodies in a scope along with a 30mm main tube.
    I believe that scope on top of a HHA Optimizer would be the cat's behind on my Phantom !
    TenPoint Phantom, Black Eagle Executioners
    NAP 100gn. Nitron Broadheads
    Burris, Leupold Optics, XB30
    Black Widow Deer Lures Pro Staff
    NRA Life Member, Molon Labe, Bravo Zulu Team VI

Sounds interesting !
    Middleton 330 SS, agingcrossbower stock, Leupold VX-R 2-7x33, custom RH string
    Middleton 355 SS blackout, Matrix stock, Eotech Xbow red dot, custom RH string
    TenPoint Venom, Leupold VX-R 3-9x40

My thoughts also.

wow,,, $450 though ? to go on a crossbow? looks like the same reticle in the HHA Illumunated scope as well as the Pin point,,,,, that and the HHA = $600, the dot size is crucial, the Parker and HHA I think are 5 mil, covers a 2" dot at 35 yds, so its tough to be ultra accurate, if the Leupold has a much smaller dot would be nice ! I've ben asking for a smaller dot from any scope maker, but I guess they think I'm the only one that would buy one !...lol
    LS 390, HHA, HHA scope L-4
    Vent 150 HHA Vortex
    Crossbow Warrior Pro Staff
    NRA Member !

Yeah, pretty pricey I know, but if a guy does some shopping for both they could be had a lot cheaper. The only thing that would need done, it would have to be sent back to Leupold to have the Parallax set for 30 yards. They do that for $15.00. I'm going to call Leupold to find out the dot size.

I'll bet that ones not made in china !

If you get one let us know how you like it !
    and 10-4 on china !!
    Vent 150 HHA Vortex
    NRA Member !

"made in China" is popping up everywhere these days.

I just found them for $404.00 online. This is going to be my summer project.

cool deal ! sure sounds nice !
    Vent 150 HHA Vortex
    NRA Member !

I have a ... similar scope transferred from another short range weapon when I replaced it with a Zeiss. The Leupold Custom Shop set the parallax for 30 yards if I recall correctly. Sits atop my HHA Optimizer and Strykeforce. VERY nice crossbow setup. There's one thing I'm sure of; "there's never an issue when you step up in quality and performance." I have never heard ANYONE complain that they shouldn't have bought Swaro, Zeiss, Leica, etc. Whereas I've heard plenty lament that they WISH they would have bought Swaro, etc, etc. To me, the price is soon forgotten and you live with the performance for a decade or more. I try to buy good tools and I don't let the price become the primary factor ... it's quality, performance, durability, performance, and then price. There are few places where the philosophy is more apropos than in optics. To me ... save an extra 6 months if you have to and buy the Leupold you REALLY want. It will pay you back every time you put it in front of your eye ... for a decade.
    Scorpyd Velocity165 425.5fps @ 426gr & 171KE, Zeiss 3-12 Illum Duralyt, CamX Accuspine, 100gr RamCats, & Firenocks. Swarovski, Leica rangefinder, Surefire & Fenix lights.
    White Buffalo Inc. - Project Manager ... Wounded Warrior Project - Mentor ... NRA Life Member 1971

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Duke View Post
    I have a ... similar scope transferred from another short range weapon when I replaced it with a Zeiss. The Leupold Custom Shop set the parallax for 30 yards if I recall correctly. Sits atop my HHA Optimizer and Strykeforce. VERY nice crossbow setup. There's one thing I'm sure of; "there's never an issue when you step up in quality and performance." I have never heard ANYONE complain that they shouldn't have bought Swaro, Zeiss, Leica, etc. Whereas I've heard plenty lament that they WISH they would have bought Swaro, etc, etc. To me, the price is soon forgotten and you live with the performance for a decade or more. I try to buy good tools and I don't let the price become the primary factor ... it's quality, performance, durability, performance, and then price. There are few places where the philosophy is more apropos than in optics. To me ... save an extra 6 months if you have to and buy the Leupold you REALLY want. It will pay you back every time you put it in front of your eye ... for a decade.
    Several years ago I decided to break down and buy Swarovski EL binoculars. It hurt at the time I assure you. Now when someone sees them and asks about the high price I simply tell them it is some of the best money I have ever spent and my only regret is waiting so long to buy them.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Duke View Post
    Duke, I looked at the Zeiss 1.2x6x36 Conquest Duralyt with the #60 illuminated reticle. Just can't bring myself to put a $1200.00 scope on my crossbow. I'm sure that Leupold will be more than adaquate.

Quote Originally Posted by RH6898 View Post
    "made in China" is popping up everywhere these days.
    http://www.leupold.com/tactical/reso...rfeit-warning/
    Scorpyd Velocity165 425.5fps @ 426gr & 171KE, Zeiss 3-12 Illum Duralyt, CamX Accuspine, 100gr RamCats, & Firenocks. Swarovski, Leica rangefinder, Surefire & Fenix lights.
    White Buffalo Inc. - Project Manager ... Wounded Warrior Project - Mentor ... NRA Life Member 1971

Yeah, very scary thought when considering what the Mark 4 scopes cost. Buyer beware of where you purchase !

Well...change of plans yet again, lol. Was on the phone with Leupold today for quite awhile & got educated about their capability's.
    I was told if I went with a VX-R 3x9x40 CDS ( Custom Dial System ) they can calibrate the turret dial for my crossbow, WOW !!
    The guy told me to zero my current scope at 20 or 25 yards with the top crosshair.
    Shoot the crossbow using only the top crosshair all the way out to 60 yards in 5 yard increment's. Then measure the drop in inch's from point of aim at every 5 yard increment. Record that info & forward it with the CDS scope so it can be calculated & ingraved on the turret. They can re adjust the parallax then also.

Going with this scope ( part # 112194 ) will iliminate the need for the HHA Optimizer, thus making this conversion a whole lot cheaper than planed !
    Range the target, turn the dial the the correct yardage & squeeze the trigger !

Sounds awesome Gil !!

Quote Originally Posted by RH6898 View Post
    Sounds awesome Gil !!
    You have a PM.

3-9x ... is better than 1-6x. <smile> I like the way that scope sounds. I was just looking through my 2.5-8x today ... not bad at all.

It's going to be a bit longer & about 4oz. heavier, bigger around, but I think the trade off will pay big dividends for it's capability's !

I like "small zoom scopes" for off-hand shooting. I had 1,5-6x42 (scope was quite heavy) and now I have 1,5-4,5x32(bushnell banner) + HHA. I got that scope for $60 and it's all i need. It's good in low light, it has nice crosshair and it's quite lightweight. I'am shooting crossbow off-hand out of 50 meters and if I use 4x on 50m, I get confused...about 2x it's enough...at 30m I use minimum (1,5x). At that range I easily can shot 2-3" groups Off-hand with min. zoom.

And I admit it is good to have higher zoom for shooting from a bench/rest at longer distances.

My brother has VXR 1.25-4x20 on his Tikka T3. You can adjust red dot very good. I think the scope is not so "wide angle" as it should be. And when you are zooming in the crosshair becoming more and more bigger - I don't like that.

milan.

The deer season archery regulations in my state allow hunting to start a half hour before sunrise until half hour after sunset. In the early season with heavy cover/canopy it can be quite dark at those times. Low quality scopes just don't transmit enough light through them at low light conditions too suit me. During those low light conditions finding the reticle for a shot can be almost impossible. Which is why I have decided on the VX-R Leupold because of the FireDot lighted retiicle, along with Leupold scopes light transmission capability's.
    That time frame is when the big mature bucks are on their feet during early season. I want every advantage at my disposal.

Im not sure what benefit a HHA Optimizer brings to the table in real life hunting situations, unless hunting bait or know exactly how far your shot is gonna be?

I have a vital bow gear 1 pin site on my vert bow that has that speed dial thing on it, and I have never used it on a deer, I just hold high or low?

Thanks HHA!!!! Our scope choices are endless now for crossbows. Man!! I looked at a Zeiss Duralyt with illuminated reticle today. Wow! I've got to get one. I guess I'll have to finally get my Wal Mart greeter job
    Attached Images Attached Images
    MOON

Super Short Recurve Xbows- The Future of Recurve Hunting Xbows

STRYKER 350- LS 390 COMPOUND XBOWS - YOU CAN SPEND MORE BUT.......

As I get older my yes appreciate the red dot cross bow scope I have. I have a Leupold 3x9x50mm on my 30.06 but it is not illuminated. I love the Leupold and it has served me well for decades. Maybe the last scope I but will be the illuminated Leupold if they come out with a 50mm or bigger objective

Quote Originally Posted by fletchman View Post
    Im not sure what benefit a HHA Optimizer brings to the table in real life hunting situations, unless hunting bait or know exactly how far your shot is gonna be?

I have a vital bow gear 1 pin site on my vert bow that has that speed dial thing on it, and I have never used it on a deer, I just hold high or low?
    The VX-R 3x9x40 CDS with the elevation turret dial calibrated for the drop from a 25 yard zero threw 60 yards eliminates the need for the HHA Optimizer.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast