a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How To Make DIY Stabilizer **VIDEO**

Quote Originally Posted by jmasiakos View Post
    Ok. Here we go. My 24" DIY stab.
    Very nice!!
    Bowtech Insanity Black Ops

Thanks Xmattedgex! Hopefully I can test it out this afternoon. May post video of it in action too.
    "O God, thank you for your creation, for the land that sustains us, the game that feeds us, and the hunt that blesses us. Grant us wisdom to be safe. Grant us the patience for a clean shot, so that we might be good stewards of every life you give. Amen."
    (Hunter's Prayer by The Rev. Eldon Reich)

Here's a video of my new DIY Stabilizer in action filmed with my DIY Iphone stabilizer bow mount and using the Square-Up:
    (BTW the voices in the background is my son playing on the Xbox safely inside my house)

http://s1099.photobucket.com/albums/...t=966fdc3a.mp4
    "O God, thank you for your creation, for the land that sustains us, the game that feeds us, and the hunt that blesses us. Grant us wisdom to be safe. Grant us the patience for a clean shot, so that we might be good stewards of every life you give. Amen."

Here's a video of my new DIY Stabilizer in action filmed with my DIY Iphone stabilizer bow mount and using the Square-Up:
    (BTW the voices in the background is my son playing on the Xbox safely inside my house)

http://s1099.photobucket.com/albums/...t=966fdc3a.mp4
    Very cool!!! I'm glad to see it worked well for you too!!

Well all thanks goes to you xmattedgex. If it wasn't for your video I would never have thought to make one. Next project is a DIY turkey box call.

Well all thanks goes to you xmattedgex. If it wasn't for your video I would never have thought to make one. Next project is a DIY turkey box call.
    Glad I could help out! It'll be interesting to see how many of these start poppin' up.

The following were shot at 40 yards, no wind, between rain showers, no warm up shots, no stretching, just a grab the bow arrows and shoot. I have not shot this bow since early december.
    Attachment 1317806
    The first upper arrow is W/O any stabilizer to get reference of hand shock
    upper group is with the 24" non weighted pvc stabilizer
    Lower group is with the 9" Xrod with a bowjax and a 6oz disc weight
    Attachment 1317810
    I was shoopting all these the Parker Ulitmate Hunter set at 65 lbs.
    Attachment 1317811
    left side is with the 20" stab with 4oz weight in the tip
    right side is with the x rod again.

Basically all 3 stabliizers reduced hand shock by at least 50% or more, the 24" a little more than the 20". The Xrod felt about the same as the 24" maybe a little more dampening. Bow was notably quiter with either than without.
    I did immediately notice that the bow did waggle a little when coming to full draw, but it settled down immediately and was alot more stable in the shot sequence.
    Sight picture was pretty good with little notable movement. The most movement was with the front weighted 20" with 4oz of lead in the tip.
    The 24" felt the most stable. I think the Xrod dampened the bow the best but it is also the heaviest with the 6oz weight.

I think the 24" non weighted shot the best of the DIY ones. The Xrod dampened the most.
    I will try then on the hoyt when i get a chance.
    2014 Hoyt Carbon Spyder Turbo, Blackout, QAD HDX rest, MBG Accent 3 pin slider, Tight Spot, X rod. Axis 340's.
    "It seems every other thread is someone who is incapable of tracking, took a bad shot or long shot, or just wounded their 2nd deer, 3rd deer in a row....we cant stop the stereotyping if we keep proving them right & giving them ammo against us" -river rat23

Quote Originally Posted by elkbow69 View Post
    The following were shot at 40 yards, no wind, between rain showers, no warm up shots, no stretching, just a grab the bow arrows and shoot. I have not shot this bow since early december.
    Attachment 1317806
    The first upper arrow is W/O any stabilizer to get reference of hand shock
    upper group is with the 24" non weighted pvc stabilizer
    Lower group is with the 9" Xrod with a bowjax and a 6oz disc weight
    Attachment 1317810
    I was shoopting all these the Parker Ulitmate Hunter set at 65 lbs.
    Attachment 1317811
    left side is with the 20" stab with 4oz weight in the tip
    right side is with the x rod again.

Basically all 3 stabliizers reduced hand shock by at least 50% or more, the 24" a little more than the 20". The Xrod felt about the same as the 24" maybe a little more dampening. Bow was notably quiter with either than without.
    I did immediately notice that the bow did waggle a little when coming to full draw, but it settled down immediately and was alot more stable in the shot sequence.
    Sight picture was pretty good with little notable movement. The most movement was with the front weighted 20" with 4oz of lead in the tip.
    The 24" felt the most stable. I think the Xrod dampened the bow the best but it is also the heaviest with the 6oz weight.

I think the 24" non weighted shot the best of the DIY ones. The Xrod dampened the most.
    I will try then on the hoyt when i get a chance.
    Nice write up! Looks like the DIY's perform as well as the factory stab.

Thanks, ya they are pretty much, comperable, but the xrod does dampen the shock more I think. My form is a little "off" from not being able to shoot that much lately.

I am going to take that 24" and slip a 3oz fishing bank sinker in the tip, and do the same with the 20" and see which length and weight gives me the best sight picture and groups. I can just slip the front cap off and change weight at any time as I have not glued them up yet. I have A BUNCH of fishing weights that I can try out.
    I can probably go up to about 7oz till they get too big to go in the pvc. But,,,,,, I could probably "motivate" them to fit with a little hammer massage time.

2014 Hoyt Carbon Spyder Turbo, Blackout, QAD HDX rest, MBG Accent 3 pin slider, Tight Spot, X rod. Axis 340's.
    "It seems every other thread is someone who is incapable of tracking, took a bad shot or long shot, or just wounded their 2nd deer, 3rd deer in a row....we cant stop the stereotyping if we keep proving them right & giving them ammo against us" -river rat23

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123