a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: DIY Hanging Target

DIY Hanging Target

Hey guys. Im new here and have been enjoying the past few days checking things out around here and see some the cool DIYs. After seeing a few differnt post that involved building a frame and hanging a target from it, I figured I build my own. It is built with treated 2x4s

DSC04072.jpg
    DSC04073.jpg

Heres one after a few shots
    DSC04074.jpg

I will also be painting the wood camo when it dries out a little bit. Gonna look nice I think. Ill have to post a few more once its painted.
    Let me know what you think.

Cody

welcome and nice looking stand.
    May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.

I like the treated lumber idea. I too need to build a hanging target frame, and while I like PVC, after a year or two of sun and winter, I wonder what would happen to the PVC if/when the wife hits the frame with a 'flyer'.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale_W View Post
    I like the treated lumber idea. I too need to build a hanging target frame, and while I like PVC, after a year or two of sun and winter, I wonder what would happen to the PVC if/when the wife hits the frame with a 'flyer'.
    Yeah I had thought about making it out of PVC too. Looking at the weight aspect of it, PVC is the way to go. But I felt that something that is going to be outside pretty much all year long, if not all year long, should be made with the treated lumber. My concern with PVC is probably the same as yours. PVC can get brittle baking in the sun, getting rained on and freezing in the winter. Over all I think I made the right choice. Thinking about putting some large lawn mower wheels on the back and a rope loop on the front for a handle so that it can be moved around a little easier. Time will tell.

Cody

Looks good man!
    Hoyt AM 35 & Hoyt Vector Turbo

Looks awesome!

Be warned, I have smashed mmany arrows a my wooden target stand (long distance not wide grouops!)

Quote Originally Posted by foamkiller15 View Post
    Be warned, I have smashed mmany arrows a my wooden target stand (long distance not wide grouops!)
    Dont have to worry about that. I only have about 15-18 yard distance for target practice right now. Thanks for the tip though

Yeah welcome aboard...great work. The wheel idea will save you some back pain!

Quote Originally Posted by JeffreySlayR View Post
    Yeah welcome aboard...great work. The wheel idea will save you some back pain!
    Yeah that was my thought as well. I just need to find some in expensive ones to put on it. Find a junk mower and rob the wheels off of it or something, doesnt really pay to buy new ones.

Based on where your arrows are hitting, looks like you need to move the target to the left! Ha! Nice job on the stand, looks good.
    2012 Elite Answer 28", 61lbs, HHA Otimizer XL5510 .010, QAD HDX, Doinker Dish, Surgical 340's, Square-Up, QAD Exodus & Ulmer Edge Broadheads
    2008.5 Elite GT500 28", 62lbs, HHA OpimizerXL5510 .010, QADS HDX, Doinker Dish, Surgical 340's, Square-Up, QAD Exodus and Ulmer Edge Broadheads

Quote Originally Posted by Timinator View Post
    Based on where your arrows are hitting, looks like you need to move the target to the left! Ha! Nice job on the stand, looks good.
    LOL! Those were the first arrows I shot through my bow since I bought it and hadnt adjusted my sight yet. But hey thanks for checking it out. Ill be posting pics of the stand painted camo in the next few days or so, so keep an eye out.

Real nice!!

saving thread for later
    2012 Bear Anarchy Shadow LH 70# 28" draw
    Victory V3 350 carbon arrows w/ Grim Reaper Razorcut SS Broad heads
    NAP Apache 8" stablizer
    Trophy Ridge Punisher 5 sight
    Trophy Ridge Revolution rest

That's real nice. Good job.

welcome
    great job on the stand!
    >>>---------->
    oldschoolcj5

Welcome aboard. Nice looking stand.

Everyones an expert. If you don't believe me, just ask them.

2012 Martin Silencer Nitro cams
    1997 Martin Speed Demon, Z Cams