Thread: Has anybody made an Iphone stabilizer mount?

Has anybody made an Iphone stabilizer mount?

I want to mount my iphone 4s to my bow to video with and can not afford to buy any sort of mount. I found one through search that a guy had made, but he only has two posts and seriously doubt he will answer my pm as to how well it actually worked. I want to use my otterbox case to do it with, but want it to be steady enough to get a somewhat clear shot. Anybody made one that worked well? I'm heading to hardware store now and am going to make something so i'll post it up later. Maybe i'll get lucky and the first thing I do will work, we'll see.
    Bow, carbon arrows, fat stabilizers, backtension release, adjustable sight, scope, and rest.

Hit up the search or google, I feel like I saw it somewhere on here. I also saw a company that is actually producing one. I'll see if I can try to locate it for you.
    Bowtech Insanity Black Ops

Here ya go - It's actually for an Itouch but I took the idea one step further and applied it to my iphone

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1538293
    "O God, thank you for your creation, for the land that sustains us, the game that feeds us, and the hunt that blesses us. Grant us wisdom to be safe. Grant us the patience for a clean shot, so that we might be good stewards of every life you give. Amen."
    (Hunter's Prayer by The Rev. Eldon Reich)

Well mine ended up really similar to yours jmasiakos. Mine's in stabilizer hole though. Works great. Will post vid's up after i'm done shooting.

IMG_0966.jpg
    Bow, carbon arrows, fat stabilizers, backtension release, adjustable sight, scope, and rest.

Looks good. I have a 2 part 8" NAP Apache stabilizer. I attach the mount between the 2 parts. Ths way it lessens the vibration. I also added 2 Simms vibration dampers to the back of the mount for more absorption.
    "O God, thank you for your creation, for the land that sustains us, the game that feeds us, and the hunt that blesses us. Grant us wisdom to be safe. Grant us the patience for a clean shot, so that we might be good stewards of every life you give. Amen."

Cool. Mine does'nt really work for the way I normally shoot, but if I do some extreme follow through it works well. Here is a video of super low light conditions that I shot at dark. I'm downloading a movie editing program now so I can post a video of some normal daylight shooting without all the extra crap of me testing it.

I was thinking about using a iPhone car dock (or "GPS Mount" as some may call it). Just need to find a place on the bow to mount it.

I'm going to mount my iphone to my shotgun today to video turkey hunts.

Quote Originally Posted by asa_low12 View Post
    I'm going to mount my iphone to my shotgun today to video turkey hunts.
    I don't know how that will work. I would be afraid that the recoil on the shotgun may damage the phone. I would rather use a separate camera which you can attach to your hat or free standing on a tripod next to you.

Cool. Mine does'nt really work for the way I normally shoot, but if I do some extreme follow through it works well. Here is a video of super low light conditions that I shot at dark. I'm downloading a movie editing program now so I can post a video of some normal daylight shooting without all the extra crap of me testing it.

Not bad! If you press the screen and hold it on the phone, you can lock in the focus. This way it won't be focusing in and out as you draw back. Also, only downside to using the iphone as a bow mounted camera is that it's not really good in low light.

Quote Originally Posted by jmasiakos View Post
    I don't know how that will work. I would be afraid that the recoil on the shotgun may damage the phone. I would rather use a separate camera which you can attach to your hat or free standing on a tripod next to you.
    I thought about that, but I have insurance I don't really think it'll hurt it. I'm more worried about the sound damaging the microphone or something along those lines. I thought about putting some tight wrapped cloth around the microphone end but I want to be able to hear any gobbling and walking in the leaves. I'm just gonna go for it... I'll have to hold off til tomorrow at least though. I couldn't find anything that I could picture in my head that would work and didn't have the case with me. I also wasn't exactly sure how my ribbing on the barrel is.

The same guy( dorge) that makes firenocks has a smart phone sight that might be capable of doing this. Saw it at the show and it was bad ass.

Quote Originally Posted by getn'lucky View Post
    The same guy( dorge) that makes firenocks has a smart phone sight that might be capable of doing this. Saw it at the show and it was bad ass.
    Yea I saw it. Looks really cool, just not sure how practical. $200 will buy a really nice sight.

Well mine ended up really similar to yours jmasiakos. Mine's in stabilizer hole though. Works great. Will post vid's up after i'm done shooting.

IMG_0966.jpg
    If I'm correct, it looks like you have a otterbox defender case. I have one for my phone and was wondering how I could make a mount using the holster, If you could maybe tell me how you made it, or a few pics at different angles, that would be awesome!

The first thing I did was drill down into the clamp. I drilled the whole way through the clamp and into the main part of the case (to give a pilot hole for a bigger hole).

Then I drilled the pilot holes big enough so that I could stick my 1/2" 8/32 machine screws though. As far as the bracket I just drilled a hole for my stab to go through, marked a little past the top of the stab, bent it with a board and hammer, marked where I wanted the next bend to be, bent it, and used the holes that were already in the bar to determine where my screws were going to come out of the defender case. Then just put the bolts on and started shooting.

I also drilled out a hole for the camera, but that was unneccessary. For turkey hunting on the shotgun i'm going to camo up everything, including the white case, and turn the phone with the screen towards me so it will use the back camera. And now that I think about it I don't think the front camera is the same type of lens and isn't as good. So I probably need to have screen towards me at all times.

Thanks so much asa for the info its gonna be a big help!