a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finally!!!! I got mine done......

Some items I had already....for screw, nut, flange, and hand wheel about $200.... Add another $40 for all paint materials.

Sent from my stupid damn phone!!!!!
    Fearless At The Stake!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks awesome!
    Hoyt Carbon Element RKT Blackout

My Hoyt's shoot Archery Shack Bowstrings

I made one a few years back. Doesn't look as nice as yours, great job, by the way.
    Heck I didn't even paint mine for six months, then I just rattle canned it flat black.

sent from my electronic carrier pigeon
    If there is a way to shoot myself in the foot, I would most likely miss anyway.
    Illinois Bowhunters Society member

I can already tell that the paint just ain't gonna hold up in some spots lol. But at least it is wearing where I can't see it.

That's a nice one.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheese1 View Post
    That's a nice one.
    I agree
    NWSpinner,com
    Become a string maker but don't waste your time wrapping your servings by hand check out the NWSpinner!

Teach a kid archery, you'll be rewarded with a lifetime of smiles!

Quote Originally Posted by tweeter196 View Post
    Thanks for the awesome feedback. I am very proud of it. Already used it probably a hundred times lol. I bought an acme threaded rod and hand wheel for the internals. I can give you dimensions of what I used if you would like. As well as part numbers.

I would like part numbers if you could? Only for the wheel, acme rod, and bearing area parts. So about the bearing stuff, what did you do there? I used two washers and a needle roller bearing when I built my press and it works ok but I want a different bearing set up and crank. I think I want a crank handle instead of a wheel. The wheel I am using now takes two hands to crank once you start compressing the bow. I don't know if that's normal or if my bearings are binding up or something. Thanks.

I didn't use bearings in mine. The 1 1/2 inch square stock rides inside the 2 inch square stock on Teflon slides to keep the acme screw straight and smooth. Sounds like you have something binding up on yours.

What size tube steel did you use ? and when they are inserted into ech other is there alot of play ?
    I ain't as good as I once was,
    But I'm as good once as I ever was

Located exactly 322 miles from the exact center of TX
    I have one thing to say.. That look AMAZING! And professional!

1 1/2" inner square tube. 2" outer square tube. The far end of the inner ( handwheel end ) has two pieces of Teflon or plastic skid plates 90° of each other attached to the end of the inner square stock. One on bottom. One on back. At the point where the inner slides in to the outer piece. There are two more plastic skid plates. This time attached to the inner wall of the outer square tube. Again one on bottom and one on back. All 4 pieces are 3" long. They are thick enough to fill the space between the two pieces of square tubing yet have just enough clearance for everything to move smoothly (after paint remember). When it is all done your four plastic or Teflon pieces also act as a stop so you do not crank your inner piece all the way out of your outer piece. Leaving you with a minimum of 6" of tube inside itself at full extension of your press.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12