a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Spot Hogg Wrapped - Can you see the light outside the sight or just on the pins?

Spot Hogg Wrapped - Can you see the light outside the sight or just on the pins?

I have the wrapped version and am considering adding the light for low light. Just wondering if the light can be seen outside the sight or if it is fully enclosed so it just lights the fiber optics and can't be seen by game.

Thanks,
    Mike

Just the pin is lit up.
    Stage 1 Strings Hunting PS / Fury X Archery SS / Dead Center Archery PS / Slick Trick PS / Gold Tip AS / Carbomask PS / Trophy Blend Scents PS / Tenzing FS / Bohning SS / U-Slide PS / Spot Hogg PS / TightSpot Quiver PS / Mossy Oak PS / Swarovski Field Tech / Team QAD PS

Quote Originally Posted by ricksmathew View Post
    Just the pin is lit up.
    Not to mention, I've never had to use my light. The wrapped Spot Hoggs have the brightest pins I've seen, by far!
    I measure my kill in pounds, not inches
    I am a meat collector, ya'all can have the bones!

Quote Originally Posted by catsniper67 View Post
    Not to mention, I've never had to use my light. The wrapped Spot Hoggs have the brightest pins I've seen, by far!
    Yep, no need for a light on mine either. It is VERY bright. The only place you might need it is a groundblind. It lights just the pins up, which is pretty nice.
    Hoyt Faktor 30 Blackout -70lbs-28.5 DL-305 FPS
    DeerCrossingArchery ~Use XPO10 for 10% off DCA orders!~
    XtremePursuitOutdoors

So far, my Black Gold seems brighter than the Spot Hogg but the Spot Hogg has .19 pins and the MBG has .29. Are the .19 inherently that much dimmer than .29 or is the MBG sight just brighter. Either seem to be plenty bright for hunting, just wondering.

.29 pins are larger so they will seem brighter than a .19 pin.
    Stage 1 Strings Hunting PS / Fury X Archery SS / Dead Center Archery PS / Slick Trick PS / Gold Tip AS / Carbomask PS / Trophy Blend Scents PS / Tenzing FS / Bohning SS / U-Slide PS / Spot Hogg PS / TightSpot Quiver PS / Mossy Oak PS / Swarovski Field Tech / Team QAD PS

Quote Originally Posted by ricksmathew View Post
    Just the pin is lit up.
    x2...