a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Camping World=anti-hunting

Hybrid View

Camping World=anti-hunting

Not sure if this is a repost, I just seen it on another site...

http://www.campingworld.com/contactU...al%20Questions

To all my fellow hunters ...

Camping World has just pulled their support for "Celebrity Apprentice" due to the fact that Donald Trump's son went hunting. It is time to let them know we will be pulling our business from them.

You may do so by going to the link on this post. Here is what I wrote. Please join me and let them know such a stance - especially by a company dedicated to the outdoors - will hurt them directly in the pocketbook.
    #1 Rage fanboy & poacher extraordinaire!

Thats a joke, lots of the drivers in nascar hunts and they are a huge sponsor of nascar. and they no it trust me. that has to be bs. hunters would have to be a big part of ther buss. right????????

Camping World's prices made me boycott them the first time I walked into one of their stores.

So does it make them anti-hunting or are they just saying they are opposed to the manner in which the Trumps showcased their hunting? I can't say I've ever heard of them anyway.
    Living today like there's no tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by Skeptic View Post
    So does it make them anti-hunting or are they just saying they are opposed to the manner in which the Trumps showcased their hunting? I can't say I've ever heard of them anyway.
    From other articles I read they did not like pics of the Elephant or leopard taken saying they support hunting but not endangered animals like they said the leopard was.
    PSE X-Force, G5 sight , QAD drop away , G-5 peep sight , Bohning 6 arrow quiver,
    Flatliner stab

I sent email, we shouldn't support anyone that doesn't support our way of life.

I sent them an email & got a reply. They said "they are neutral when it comes to hunting & that they support the right that everyone in this country has the freedom to choose if they want to hunt or not. What they are against is hunting animals on the endangered species list."

So I replied that it was not illegal for them to hunt the elephant. & that in some parts they have a very stable herd. I also asked him that if it's not illegal for them to hunt the elephants is Camping World really supporting the freedom to choose?

So far no reply......
    Darrall Dougherty

Quote Originally Posted by Capt'n D View Post
    I sent them an email & got a reply. They said "they are neutral when it comes to hunting & that they support the right that everyone in this country has the freedom to choose if they want to hunt or not. What they are against is hunting animals on the endangered species list."

So I replied that it was not illegal for them to hunt the elephant. & that in some parts they have a very stable herd. I also asked him that if it's not illegal for them to hunt the elephants is Camping World really supporting the freedom to choose?

So far no reply......
    Thats just their automated reply. Doubtful you will receive another.

Quote Originally Posted by crankn101 View Post
    Thats just their automated reply. Doubtful you will receive another.
    No it wasn't. This is just a small part of what was on the email.
    They took the time to make a point against what I stated on my original email.
    Nothing automated about it.
    Darrall Dougherty

No it wasn't. This is just a small part of what was on the email.
    They took the time to make a point against what I stated on my original email.
    Nothing automated about it.
    Here is the automated one...

"To clarify our position, Camping World as America’s Largest Outdoor company, believes in personal freedom. In this country, people are free to choose. This issue at hand is not about whether people should be able to hunt or not. Our company is neither for nor against hunting. We are for personal choice and having people enjoy the outdoors in whatever fashion they choose. However, in our opinion, if and when the hunting of endangered species occurs, whether in the United States or abroad, it is not acceptable to even the most avid of hunters. We remain strong in our conviction of preserving the outdoors, protecting our great country's lands and the freedom to choose.

Thank you, Camping World Customer Care "

Here is the automated one...

"To clarify our position, Camping World as America’s Largest Outdoor company, believes in personal freedom. In this country, people are free to choose. This issue at hand is not about whether people should be able to hunt or not. Our company is neither for nor against hunting. We are for personal choice and having people enjoy the outdoors in whatever fashion they choose. However, in our opinion, if and when the hunting of endangered species occurs, whether in the United States or abroad, it is not acceptable to even the most avid of hunters. We remain strong in our conviction of preserving the outdoors, protecting our great country's lands and the freedom to choose.

Thank you, Camping World Customer Care "
    Yeah I received that one too. Wish I would have kept the other one I got. Not that it matters. I know they are just trying to be politically correct. But what I don't get is why even bother throwing yourself in the spotlight like that. If they wouldn't have dropped the sponsorship nobody would have known anyhow! Just doesn't make much sense to me.
    Darrall Dougherty

Orange County, People's Republik of Mexifornistan

So far no reply......
    Further evidence they are stupid. Too stupid to patronize. I sent em a letter.
    ’11 Hoyt Carbon Element 65lb draw, Spot Hogg Hunter sight, QAD HDX drop-away rest, 8” Axion Gridlock 3D Hunter stabilizer, Archer Xtreme Carbon Vapor (camo dipped) quiver
    The U.S. city with the most restrictive gun laws in the nation, Washington, D.C., has the highest murder rate at 24 per 100,000. The state with the most unrestrictive gun regulations, Vermont, has the lowest murder rate at 0.48 per 100,000.

EMAIL sent. This is suicide for a company that makes its living via the outdoorsman!

My gf works at camping world and this is in their store so obviously they rnt against hunting......

Frenzy:

1. extreme mental agitation; wild excitement or derangement.
    2. a fit or spell of violent mental excitement; a paroxysm characteristic of or resulting from a mania

Maybe they are pissed because the Trumps didn't have Camping World across the front of the shirt in all the pics...LOL
    Darrall Dougherty

Quote Originally Posted by outdoorfrenzy View Post
    My gf works at camping world and this is in their store so obviously they rnt against hunting......

They only for hunting when hunters are spending money in thier stores any other time we are animals and barbarians!!

hmmmmm.

There is a big difference between endangered and protected. So I guess because I've hunted elephant, leopard and the rest of the big five that my money is no good to them...I'll spend it at BPS or Cabelas.

Quote Originally Posted by Gettingclose View Post
    There is a big difference between endangered and protected. So I guess because I've hunted elephant, leopard and the rest of the big five that my money is no good to them...I'll spend it at BPS or Cabelas.
    I currently work at a cabelas and I love getting the question, "are all these animals real?" My response is always no. then I go on to explaine that a few of them other than our bald eagle were based on animals hunted/fished and made from synthetic material... (just a few fish, a gator, and an elephant) the eagle was a roadkill. I have had a few people leave the store because of them but most people, even non hunter appreciate them. 47 deer in my store, and just under 200 total animals excluding fish.
    2012 Carbon Element , 2012 PSE Blackhawk 60/45 , 2006 Powertec (soon to be franken bow)
    This is me every night )))------------>

I sent an email and got one back saying they didn't have a stand on hunting either way. It wasn't an endorsement of hunting for sure and seemed like they're more antihunting than they let on.
    "I tasted fire, I'm ready to come alive."

Trinity Archery field staff

Trying to play it both ways. They should have kept their mouth shut.

Leopards and Elephants are listed as "protected" not "endangered". This just basically means that hunting them is highly regulated. Hunting of endangered animals is prohibited. They are just chasing thier tails now. They are having a *** have we done moment. Keep the pressure on them. Send an email. takes 2 seconds

The worst part is they just caved from the pressure PETA and the other Orgs put on them. spineless

The worst part is they just caved from the pressure PETA and the other Orgs put on them. spineless
    Don't you think they are pressuring other sponsors as well? Why would a outdoor company be the first to cave?
    Darrall Dougherty

Send a email, I did.
    Alien Nemesis
    Mathews LX
    trophy ridge matrix sight
    APA ultimate rest

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast