a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Camping World=anti-hunting

Camping World=anti-hunting

Not sure if this is a repost, I just seen it on another site...

http://www.campingworld.com/contactU...al%20Questions

To all my fellow hunters ...

Camping World has just pulled their support for "Celebrity Apprentice" due to the fact that Donald Trump's son went hunting. It is time to let them know we will be pulling our business from them.

You may do so by going to the link on this post. Here is what I wrote. Please join me and let them know such a stance - especially by a company dedicated to the outdoors - will hurt them directly in the pocketbook.
    #1 Rage fanboy & poacher extraordinaire!

Thats a joke, lots of the drivers in nascar hunts and they are a huge sponsor of nascar. and they no it trust me. that has to be bs. hunters would have to be a big part of ther buss. right????????

Camping World's prices made me boycott them the first time I walked into one of their stores.

So does it make them anti-hunting or are they just saying they are opposed to the manner in which the Trumps showcased their hunting? I can't say I've ever heard of them anyway.
    Living today like there's no tomorrow!

I sent email, we shouldn't support anyone that doesn't support our way of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeptic View Post
    So does it make them anti-hunting or are they just saying they are opposed to the manner in which the Trumps showcased their hunting? I can't say I've ever heard of them anyway.
    From other articles I read they did not like pics of the Elephant or leopard taken saying they support hunting but not endangered animals like they said the leopard was.
    PSE X-Force, G5 sight , QAD drop away , G-5 peep sight , Bohning 6 arrow quiver,
    Flatliner stab

I sent them an email & got a reply. They said "they are neutral when it comes to hunting & that they support the right that everyone in this country has the freedom to choose if they want to hunt or not. What they are against is hunting animals on the endangered species list."

So I replied that it was not illegal for them to hunt the elephant. & that in some parts they have a very stable herd. I also asked him that if it's not illegal for them to hunt the elephants is Camping World really supporting the freedom to choose?

So far no reply......
    Darrall Dougherty

Quote Originally Posted by Capt'n D View Post
    I sent them an email & got a reply. They said "they are neutral when it comes to hunting & that they support the right that everyone in this country has the freedom to choose if they want to hunt or not. What they are against is hunting animals on the endangered species list."

So I replied that it was not illegal for them to hunt the elephant. & that in some parts they have a very stable herd. I also asked him that if it's not illegal for them to hunt the elephants is Camping World really supporting the freedom to choose?

So far no reply......
    Thats just their automated reply. Doubtful you will receive another.

EMAIL sent. This is suicide for a company that makes its living via the outdoorsman!

Quote Originally Posted by crankn101 View Post
    Thats just their automated reply. Doubtful you will receive another.
    No it wasn't. This is just a small part of what was on the email.
    They took the time to make a point against what I stated on my original email.
    Nothing automated about it.
    Darrall Dougherty

Quote Originally Posted by Capt'n D View Post
    No it wasn't. This is just a small part of what was on the email.
    They took the time to make a point against what I stated on my original email.
    Nothing automated about it.
    Here is the automated one...

"To clarify our position, Camping World as America’s Largest Outdoor company, believes in personal freedom. In this country, people are free to choose. This issue at hand is not about whether people should be able to hunt or not. Our company is neither for nor against hunting. We are for personal choice and having people enjoy the outdoors in whatever fashion they choose. However, in our opinion, if and when the hunting of endangered species occurs, whether in the United States or abroad, it is not acceptable to even the most avid of hunters. We remain strong in our conviction of preserving the outdoors, protecting our great country's lands and the freedom to choose.

Thank you, Camping World Customer Care "

My gf works at camping world and this is in their store so obviously they rnt against hunting......

Frenzy:

1. extreme mental agitation; wild excitement or derangement.
    2. a fit or spell of violent mental excitement; a paroxysm characteristic of or resulting from a mania

hmmmmm.

Here is the automated one...

"To clarify our position, Camping World as America’s Largest Outdoor company, believes in personal freedom. In this country, people are free to choose. This issue at hand is not about whether people should be able to hunt or not. Our company is neither for nor against hunting. We are for personal choice and having people enjoy the outdoors in whatever fashion they choose. However, in our opinion, if and when the hunting of endangered species occurs, whether in the United States or abroad, it is not acceptable to even the most avid of hunters. We remain strong in our conviction of preserving the outdoors, protecting our great country's lands and the freedom to choose.

Thank you, Camping World Customer Care "
    Yeah I received that one too. Wish I would have kept the other one I got. Not that it matters. I know they are just trying to be politically correct. But what I don't get is why even bother throwing yourself in the spotlight like that. If they wouldn't have dropped the sponsorship nobody would have known anyhow! Just doesn't make much sense to me.
    Darrall Dougherty

Maybe they are pissed because the Trumps didn't have Camping World across the front of the shirt in all the pics...LOL
    Darrall Dougherty

There is a big difference between endangered and protected. So I guess because I've hunted elephant, leopard and the rest of the big five that my money is no good to them...I'll spend it at BPS or Cabelas.

Trying to play it both ways. They should have kept their mouth shut.

Leopards and Elephants are listed as "protected" not "endangered". This just basically means that hunting them is highly regulated. Hunting of endangered animals is prohibited. They are just chasing thier tails now. They are having a *** have we done moment. Keep the pressure on them. Send an email. takes 2 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by outdoorfrenzy View Post
    My gf works at camping world and this is in their store so obviously they rnt against hunting......

They only for hunting when hunters are spending money in thier stores any other time we are animals and barbarians!!

The worst part is they just caved from the pressure PETA and the other Orgs put on them. spineless

The worst part is they just caved from the pressure PETA and the other Orgs put on them. spineless
    Don't you think they are pressuring other sponsors as well? Why would a outdoor company be the first to cave?
    Darrall Dougherty

Send a email, I did.
    Alien Nemesis
    Mathews LX
    trophy ridge matrix sight
    APA ultimate rest

This is what I just sent them !

" I just read an article on line about your companies stance on hunting. I must say I am majorly disappointed that a company that i suspect makes a lot of money on sportsman would take such a stance. Donald Trump Jr did nothing illegal and donated the meat from his kills to local villages to provide much needed substance. I for one do not plan on purchasing anything from your company in the future. I have hunted my entire life and purchased a lot of products from your company in the past. If you want to take an anti-hunting stance that is your right but you will not get my money to support PETA or any other anti-hunting organization. Have a good day and best of luck selling camping gear and supplies to all your anti-hunting, liberal friends in the main stream media."

It's their prerogative to be anti hunting and it's your right not to patronize their business.

It's a free country... kind of.

too bad
    Reaper Woods Monster XLR8

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast