Archery Talk Forum banner

Camping World=anti-hunting

5K views 93 replies 50 participants last post by  d3ue3ce 
#1 ·
Not sure if this is a repost, I just seen it on another site...

http://www.campingworld.com/contactUsForm.cfm?&contactValue=General Questions

To all my fellow hunters ...

Camping World has just pulled their support for "Celebrity Apprentice" due to the fact that Donald Trump's son went hunting. It is time to let them know we will be pulling our business from them.

You may do so by going to the link on this post. Here is what I wrote. Please join me and let them know such a stance - especially by a company dedicated to the outdoors - will hurt them directly in the pocketbook.

#7 ·
I sent them an email & got a reply. They said "they are neutral when it comes to hunting & that they support the right that everyone in this country has the freedom to choose if they want to hunt or not. What they are against is hunting animals on the endangered species list."

So I replied that it was not illegal for them to hunt the elephant. & that in some parts they have a very stable herd. I also asked him that if it's not illegal for them to hunt the elephants is Camping World really supporting the freedom to choose?

So far no reply......

#66 ·
I currently work at a cabelas and I love getting the question, "are all these animals real?" My response is always no. then I go on to explaine that a few of them other than our bald eagle were based on animals hunted/fished and made from synthetic material... (just a few fish, a gator, and an elephant) the eagle was a roadkill. I have had a few people leave the store because of them but most people, even non hunter appreciate them. 47 deer in my store, and just under 200 total animals excluding fish.

#18 ·
Leopards and Elephants are listed as "protected" not "endangered". This just basically means that hunting them is highly regulated. Hunting of endangered animals is prohibited. They are just chasing thier tails now. They are having a *** have we done moment. Keep the pressure on them. Send an email. takes 2 seconds

#23 ·
This is what I just sent them !

" I just read an article on line about your companies stance on hunting. I must say I am majorly disappointed that a company that i suspect makes a lot of money on sportsman would take such a stance. Donald Trump Jr did nothing illegal and donated the meat from his kills to local villages to provide much needed substance. I for one do not plan on purchasing anything from your company in the future. I have hunted my entire life and purchased a lot of products from your company in the past. If you want to take an anti-hunting stance that is your right but you will not get my money to support PETA or any other anti-hunting organization. Have a good day and best of luck selling camping gear and supplies to all your anti-hunting, liberal friends in the main stream media."

#30 ·
I just clicked on this link and it took me right to the email form, maybe it just didn't load for you because they're getting inundated with emails? I see this topic is on many forums right now:

http://www.campingworld.com/contactUsForm.cfm?&contactValue=General Questions

Hunters aren't normally as vocal and active in supporting hunting as PETA and other anti groups are in opposing hunting. It's good for us to make calls and emails to places like this to voice our displeasure and stand up for our rights to legally hunt.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.