a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Deer Rub?

Deer Rub?

Anyone got any good recipes for rub that works well with deer?

Going to grill some backstaps tommorow

slice up then marinate in italian dressing with alegro game tame<--(optional) overnight. Wrap each piece in bacon and and stick a toothpick through it and put it on the grill. One of my favorite ways to fix backstraps for sure.

I love sweet rubs. I like randomly dumping spices together and seeing what works and what doesnt; problem is I never remeber from time to time what I used.

I usually start with 75% brown sugar then I start pouring salts peppers together and mixing all of it up. I have heard USED coffee grounds is phenomial rub.

Quote Originally Posted by BradMc26 View Post
    Anyone got any good recipes for rub that works well with deer?

Going to grill some backstaps tommorow
    Hey Brad, I don't get a chance to get on AT nearly as much as I used to, so sorry for digging up an older post, but I thought I'd let you know that Oakridge BBQ carries a number of world-class wild game rubs. I used to sell them here on AT... http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1334179
    Hoyt Ultra-Tec Shooter
    QDMA Member / Certified Master Tree Farmer
    Owner of Oakridge BBQ LLC- Maker of: ~ Venison, Game Bird & Chicken, and Competition BBQ Rubs ~
    Visit our AT Classifieds Ad for more info about Oakridge BBQ rubs!
    Special Thanks to Jesus Christ, my Lord, Savior & Hunting Buddy

Ohio in the fall/ PA the rest of the year
    I start with a 25% Brown sugar, 25% kosher salt, 25% garlic powder, 25% onion powder.
    To that I add equal parts chili powder, paprika, fresh ground black pepper, fresh chopped thyme and rosemary(stems removed, leaves very small dice) and a few drops of liquid hickory smoke
    Then I add just enough Worcestershire sauce and soy sauce to make a paste or thinner like a glaze if you want.
    WARNING:
    1.- I am not associated with any company, product or personality.
    2.- I am not sponsored; nor a fanboy.
    3.- I do not harvest, I kill tasty animals and I eat them on a regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by bowhuntr311 View Post
    I love sweet rubs. I like randomly dumping spices together and seeing what works and what doesnt; problem is I never remeber from time to time what I used.
    I do the same darn thing.
    I like to use garlic, fresh ground pepper, sea salt, chili powder and some applewood smoke seasoning.
    Or I will use a garlic and herb injectable marinade and let set for at least 2 hours.

set from my electronic carrier pigeon
    If there is a way to shoot myself in the foot, I would most likely miss anyway.
    Illinois Bowhunters Society member