Archery Talk Forum banner

Deer Rub?

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  daltongang 
#1 ·
Anyone got any good recipes for rub that works well with deer?

Going to grill some backstaps tommorow :thumbs_up

#2 ·
slice up then marinate in italian dressing with alegro game tame<--(optional) overnight. Wrap each piece in bacon and and stick a toothpick through it and put it on the grill. One of my favorite ways to fix backstraps for sure.

#3 ·
I love sweet rubs. I like randomly dumping spices together and seeing what works and what doesnt; problem is I never remeber from time to time what I used.

I usually start with 75% brown sugar then I start pouring salts peppers together and mixing all of it up. I have heard USED coffee grounds is phenomial rub.

#6 ·
I love sweet rubs. I like randomly dumping spices together and seeing what works and what doesnt; problem is I never remeber from time to time what I used.
I do the same darn thing.
I like to use garlic, fresh ground pepper, sea salt, chili powder and some applewood smoke seasoning.
Or I will use a garlic and herb injectable marinade and let set for at least 2 hours.

set from my electronic carrier pigeon

#4 ·
Hey Brad, I don't get a chance to get on AT nearly as much as I used to, so sorry for digging up an older post, but I thought I'd let you know that Oakridge BBQ carries a number of world-class wild game rubs. I used to sell them here on AT... http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1334179

#5 ·
I start with a 25% Brown sugar, 25% kosher salt, 25% garlic powder, 25% onion powder.
To that I add equal parts chili powder, paprika, fresh ground black pepper, fresh chopped thyme and rosemary(stems removed, leaves very small dice) and a few drops of liquid hickory smoke
Then I add just enough Worcestershire sauce and soy sauce to make a paste or thinner like a glaze if you want.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.