Thread: Scientists build graphene from scratch, from subatomic particles

Scientists build graphene from scratch, from subatomic particles

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/1...gner-materials

This is really cool. Building up entirely new materials by manipulating subatomic particles.

Stanford University and the Department of Energy have meddled around with the very fabric of reality and created the very first “designer electrons.”

The beginning of wisdom is admitting "I don't know"

Cool!

Now that's real science, using the scientific method.
    ~Those of you who think you know everything are annoying those of us who do.
    ~Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak.
    ~An error doesn't become a mistake until you refuse to correct it.

That is pretty cool. Probably just me but the 1st thing I thought of were bike(human powered) frames. I remember when the industry was trying to "honeycomb" carbon & titanium. Then I thought of arrows then of course bow risers.
    However, think of the possible efficiency increases that could be realized in energy transfer(as mentioned in the article); this could really give a boost to the "green energy" fields. How about lowering the weight of vehicles while still providing the safety & features that we seem to demand while still delivering exceptional mpg and such.

this is really interesting.
    Walk Your Talk

Meh, call me when they. An snap their fingers & create life.

J/k
    Not as smart or as good looking as punch master but I charge 1/4 of what he does & I take coupons