Thread: Slick Trick Viper Trick

Slick Trick Viper Trick

I like Slick Tricks and it looks like I'm going to really like their new Viper Trick.
    http://www.slicktrick.net/

They look pretty sweet
    2013 Hoyt Spyder 34 and Slick Tricks

Can't wait to hear the reviews
    "His arrow will flash like lightning." Zechariah 9:14
    Hoyt Carbon Spyder 30, CBE Tek Hybrid sight, QAD Ultra Rest HDX, Injexion Arrows & Blazers, QAD Exodus broadheads, TightSpot quiver, Stokerized SS1 stabilizer, Spot Hogg Wiseguy release, Zeiss Conquest HD binocs, Leica 1000R rangefinder, Kifaru Timberline 2 pack, Bark River Gunny Hunter blade, Kuiu clothing, Lowa Cevedale boots

ttt
    PSE EXRCIST
    grave digger trocar tip broadhead,
    .300 grain Vap traveling at warp speed
    Proud member of team overkill

I really like the looks of the new Grizztrick 2...I like the 1-1/4" cutting diameter. I just hope they are quieter than the old ones!
    I measure my kill in pounds, not inches
    I am a meat collector, ya'all can have the bones!

Slick Trick Standards blow through with authority every whitetail deer I've shot and leave a great blood trail. I'm sticking with the standards.

I think the lil lady is going to use those Viper tricks this year with her passion rather then Montecs,to how they do.
    Romey
    The sign of a marksman is not what we once did, because everyone has lucky shots from time to time. It's what you can do virtually every time, on demand

Going to get some for my son to shoot his season, looks impressive
    BOWTECH ADMIRAL FLX, LH 61#
    HHA XL5510, Limbdriver Pro, Treelimb Quiver
    435 gr footed FMJ arrows, Blazers, Slicktrick Magnums
    Lone Wolf

TEAM 36 Bachelor Group

I bet that COC head would work really well for sticking hogs.

The link below is from the ST Clarkrange boar hunt. The owner of ST Gary and the manager Tony used the Viper Tricks on their hogs and that is the broad head Ken Moody is showing at the end of the show. I was there with my son and witnessed the damage. It was pretty impressive. The first part of the show is all about how the heads go together (the standards), their strengths, sharpness of blades, accuracy etc.. Then Moody shoots one through a bucket of pea gravel. The last 5 minutes or so is of the hunt and if you've never hunted with dogs, which I hadn't, it was very very exciting. My wife said, "Don't you dare take that boy out with the dogs" but after two boring sits in the blind we couldn't help it. My 11 year old ended up taking one during that scene in the video with his .243. Sow wouldn't turn so he shot it in the head and it dropped, as he said, "Dead as a door nail". Got some good video of it too which will make good memories. Nice down to earth people that run ST, and Moody's place is great. His guide Johnny has been doing it a long time and is also top notch. Kendall

http://www.kenmoody.com/ken-moody-hunting-tv/episode-12

I think I will give them a try. I wounder if they whisle less then the standards?

What's all this talk about whistling heads? I use the standards and Mags and don't hear anything but the arrow hitting the target.
    '09 HCA Speed Pro
    '14 HCA Axis

High Country Archery-the fastest bows under warranty

Quote Originally Posted by HawgEnvy View Post
    What's all this talk about whistling heads? I use the standards and Mags and don't hear anything but the arrow hitting the target.
    same here

Quote Originally Posted by HawgEnvy View Post
    I've heard you won't hear it unless you are down range.

but I haven't tried or heard anything.
    My other bow is a Marlin 1895G 45-70 Gov't open sights
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiobooners View Post
    In all seriousness I do hope ppl understand that a deer is not worth losing your dignity over.

Ok, its more like a hissing sound. Dont get me wrong I have been using ST's for the last 4 yrs. and they have performed great! Just those dang mulies have such big ears I'd hate to have them hear it coming before it got there.

Just to check it out: Today I shot a Slick Tick a fews times and each time I set my bow down(carefully of course)and ran along side the arrow to the target. I had to do it from 50+ yds cuz at 20yds, the darn arrow got there 1st. Anyhow, no noise other than my hard breathing. Just wanted to let you guys know. LMAO

Once tha deer hear it, its too late !! Hogs must be hard of hearing because they havent heard any of my old Grizztricks!! Well maybe the smack it makes as it starts to penetrate through the shoulders!!
    ----08.5 ELITE GT500 ----- ASAT- NATION
    TUFFSAK bag targets
    MAGNUS BUZZCUTS /GRIZZ TRICK II /RAGE HYPO

i have used grizz trick and magnum heads and may have heard a little noise but i have been very successful them. any slick trick you buy will get it done all over the world.
    Psalms 23:6

Anybody recommend the 125 head over the 100 grain?

I have been Shooting Slick Tricks (1-1/8") sense before Gary made the 1" head. They came out with the 1" blade for better penetration on Elk and called them the Regular and the 1-1/8" the Magnum.

I have shot most every broadhead they have made and always gone for the Magnum when hunting season came along.

Last season I use the Viper Trick and made a very bad shot and still recovered the deer in a few 100 yards and think I will be using the Viper Trick as my primary broadhead next season, lots of blood.
    65# Hoyt Katera-Rip Cord rest, Reflex Buckskin-Whisker Biscuit rest
    Jim Fletcher FlatHead Release, HAA-OL-5000 sight,
    Winners Choice String and Cables
    GT Pro Hunters , SlickTrick125

I've killed two nice bulls with ST standards out of my compound. This year I am thinking about hunting with the Viper Tricks out of my 50lbs recurve. Just got a pack the other day and its impressive!

They need to make a 1.5" viper trick that would be sweet.
    "GOD, Family, and Huntn all in that order"Hoyt Bow's, Gold tip arrows, Winner choice string,
    tru fire releases, HHA DS 5519,
    Rip Cord rest,Slick Trick, Rage Hypodermic

Quote Originally Posted by 1Lee View Post
    They need to make a 1.5" viper trick that would be sweet.
    Even an 1 1/4" x 1" Viper Trick would be great w/.040 thick blades @ 125 grs.

Quote Originally Posted by Meleagris1 View Post
    I've killed two nice bulls with ST standards out of my compound. This year I am thinking about hunting with the Viper Tricks out of my 50lbs recurve. Just got a pack the other day and its impressive!
    Meleagris: Please post and tell us how the vipers do out of your recurve. I'm going to start shooting my recurve and try to be ready to hunt with it (as well as my compound) in the fall. Haven't shot it in over ten years, so I want to practice quite a bit. My recurve is 47#. I may get some limbs that are a little stiffer though, not sure. I'm considering Magnus, Muzzy (phantom), and viper tricks as my three choices for recurve heads. But I'm going to tune my bow first and see what kind of arrow it shoots best and also what grain on the field point. I suppose I need to be pushing a pretty heavy arrow with it at 47#...

Slick Trick Viper Trick

Quote Originally Posted by MAHatley View Post
    Meleagris: Please post and tell us how the vipers do out of your recurve. I'm going to start shooting my recurve and try to be ready to hunt with it (as well as my compound) in the fall. Haven't shot it in over ten years, so I want to practice quite a bit. My recurve is 47#. I may get some limbs that are a little stiffer though, not sure. I'm considering Magnus, Muzzy (phantom), and viper tricks as my three choices for recurve heads. But I'm going to tune my bow first and see what kind of arrow it shoots best and also what grain on the field point. I suppose I need to be pushing a pretty heavy arrow with it at 47#...
    Will do. I'm planning on hunting elk with my recurve this September, and my setup will be 50-52lbs@27" with a 490-500 grain arrow. I've been talking with some experienced elk killers about arrow weights with trad gear and it seems that 9-10 grains per pound is where you want to be to maximize penetration. Once you get above that, you get to a point of diminishing returns the heavier you go and too heavy will actually hurt you. Another thing I'm doing to further enhance penetration is to put as much of that 500 grains at the tip as I can. I'm shooting a 125 grain head, but just built up some Gold Tip velocity shafts which are very light shafts, then added a 150 grain weighted insert, so 275 grains of that 500 grains us right at the tip, which is where you want it. I've got complete confidence that this setup will get the job done.