Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ron Paulís caucus strategy is authentic republicanism

Ron Paulís caucus strategy is authentic republicanism

http://communities.washingtontimes.c...republicanism/

Paul’s platform likewise represents what is best about conservatism. Without exception, it protects the individual from oppression by the majority. He is the only Republican presidential candidate that has actually said the words “role of government” during any debate. That’s because he is the only candidate that seems to recognize that the government’s role is limited; that even a majority vote cannot sanction it to exercise power beyond those limits. Throughout all of human history, conservatives have defended this principle against the ungoverned passion of the majority.

Yet, conservatives today sound just like liberals when they decry Paul’s supporters using the republican nature of the caucuses to overturn the decisions of uninformed majorities. Their opposition to both Paul’s platform and his political strategy begs the question: Does the Republican Party still believe in a republican form of government? Do they still believe that the power of the majority has limits? Or are they just Democrats with a different supporter base?

The federal government doesn’t need a manicure. It needs reconstructive surgery. Make that deconstructive surgery. You don’t turn $1.5 trillion deficits into surpluses by tweaking the way that federal departments are managed. You do so by completely eliminating departments and redefining the role of government. Only Ron Paul is proposing to do so. If there is anything left of what made the Republican Party different from the Democrats, they should support both Ron Paul’s platform and his political strategy.

Not as smart or as good looking as punch master but I charge 1/4 of what he does & I take coupons

Ron Paul is the only candidate that would actually attempt to lead the country down a different path.

For better or worse? We can debate that all day long.

I hold certain reservations about the leadership abilities of a candidate who has only one of over 600 sponsored bills signed into law but I'd kinda like to see someone take things off the rails to see what happens. This guy, Ron Paul, would be an interesting Commander In Chief.
    Yeah? Well I got two radio shows.

Yet, conservatives today sound just like liberals when they decry Paul’s supporters using the republican nature of the caucuses to overturn the decisions of uninformed majorities. Their opposition to both Paul’s platform and his political strategy begs the question: Does the Republican Party still believe in a republican form of government? Do they still believe that the power of the majority has limits? Or are they just Democrats with a different supporter base?
    Exactly. When wondering about this, ask this question: If the Republicans win in November, is there one chance in hell that they will balance the budget?
    "'Where the tree of knowledge stands, there is always paradise': thus speak the oldest and the youngest serpents."

Quote Originally Posted by Spreggy View Post
    Exactly. When wondering about this, ask this question: If the Republicans win in November, is there one chance in hell that they will balance the budget?
    Good question, we already know the answer for obama. He doesn't believe in budgets.

Quote Originally Posted by citrus View Post
    Good question, we already know the answer for obama. He doesn't believe in budgets.
    Neither does most of the GOP , like Romney / Santorum/ newt. Ok on bailouts & increasing debt ceiling
    Not as smart or as good looking as punch master but I charge 1/4 of what he does & I take coupons

Quote Originally Posted by jkcerda View Post
    Neither does most of the GOP , like Romney / Santorum/ newt. Ok on bailouts & increasing debt ceiling
    Try equating obama with any of them. If you do, you look desperate and lose in your conversation.

Not to sound like a BO suck-up, but isn't his budget a straight-up effect of Bush's spending & deregulation? Nobody seems to have had any alternatives to bailouts than "Just let it all sink", which in reality means "Shoulda had a depression". If I remember correctly, the only balanced budget in my lifetime has been a lefty budget. Am I wrong?
    "'Where the tree of knowledge stands, there is always paradise': thus speak the oldest and the youngest serpents."

Blaming Bush agian I see LOL. He has had 3 years to fix it and has done nothing but make it worse then anyone cuild have thought. Gas hit 4.05 today here and its goig higher. bummer is all done. BTW how did Paul do in P.R?
    if a woman starts hitting me and won't stop , she's gonna get her lips tapped.

Try equating obama with any of them. If you do, you look desperate and lose in your conversation.
    support for bailouts? CHECK
    support for the P-A? CHECK
    support for NDAA? CHECK

Nope and even if they did balance the budget it does not decrease or get rid of taxes, agencies and programs. It never addresses the foundational problems with the government.

Absolutely not. Neither Obama nor any of the "Main 3" GOP candidates have the ability to balance the budget, let alone actually REDUCE the federal deficit. I'm still just simply astonished that our elected representatives don't understand the concept of NOT SPENDING MONEY YOU DON'T HAVE. Isn't it strange? When we as individuals spend money we don't have, we declare bankruptcy; we have our homes foreclosed on; we have our belongings re-possessed. If we don't have money to pay the bills, our water and electric get shut off. For those of us that rent, if we can't pay the rent, we get evicted. WHY DOESN'T THAT HAPPEN AT THE FEDERAL LEVEL? Why is it okay for the government to borrow more than 40% of the money it spends? Our elected officials don't seem to appreciate that some Americans aren't happy with the idea that politicians can spend OUR tax dollars with no repercussions of any kind.

That being said...Ron Paul 2012. Nuff said.
    Ron Paul

2008 Hoyt Katera XL in Inferno
    2008 Hoyt Katera XL in APG Camo

support for bailouts? CHECK
    support for the P-A? CHECK
    support for NDAA? CHECK

Having the ability to operate for three years without a working budget? Spend 6 trillion in under four years? You lose your case, laughably.

Not to sound like a BO suck-up, but isn't his budget a straight-up effect of Bush's spending & deregulation? Nobody seems to have had any alternatives to bailouts than "Just let it all sink", which in reality means "Shoulda had a depression". If I remember correctly, the only balanced budget in my lifetime has been a lefty budget. Am I wrong?
    How many years did Bush operate without a budget? Yep, you are an obama boy.

Having the ability to operate for three years without a working budget? Spend 6 trillion in under four years? You lose your case, laughably.
    the GOP has not helped at all there
    BOTH are pushing for more spending

the GOP has not helped at all there
    BOTH are pushing for more spending
    That is a blind stab in the dark. Show me republicans that want to operate without a budget and want to spend 6 trillion in less than four years.

That is a blind stab in the dark. Show me republicans that want to operate without a budget and want to spend 6 trillion in less than four years.
    they all "claim" they want a balanced budget,, claiming it while voting to extend it
    they are pissing on your back & telling you its rain

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/senat...1#.T2fAJMVul8E

Conservative firebrand Sen. Jim DeMint has a message to fellow Republicans in Congress: If you support increasing the debt ceiling without first passing a balanced budget amendment and massive across-the-board spending cuts, you're gone -- destined to be swept out of Congress by a wave of voter anger.
    it PASSED .

http://crooksandliars.com/jon-perr/1...t-ceiling#four
    http://jimcgreevy.com/gvdc/Natl_Debt_Chart.html

http://downwithtyranny.blogspot.com/...supported.html

they all "claim" they want a balanced budget,, claiming it while voting to extend it
    they are pissing on your back & telling you its rain

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/senat...1#.T2fAJMVul8E

it PASSED .

http://crooksandliars.com/jon-perr/1...t-ceiling#four
    http://jimcgreevy.com/gvdc/Natl_Debt_Chart.html

http://downwithtyranny.blogspot.com/...supported.html
    Who's head is being pissed on? Earmarks, Iran, FP...LMAO! You love the Mello Yellow, don't you!

Who's head is being pissed on? Earmarks, Iran, FP...LMAO! You love the Mello Yellow, don't you!

you dont even know what the hell you are talking about

Whats funny is if MR gets in there and can't/won't do anything .....the Reps will still say he's doing great.

Quote Originally Posted by IChim2 View Post
    Whats funny is if MR gets in there and can't/won't do anything .....the Reps will still say he's doing great.
    pretty much it

Not in a year, by any of them, including my man Paul. But i think Paul would make a huge dent in the deficit in his tenure. The others? my opinion? not a chance.
    ~Those of you who think you know everything are annoying those of us who do.
    ~Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak.
    ~An error doesn't become a mistake until you refuse to correct it.

We can agree on that citrus.
    ~Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak.

Actually citrus, we can make some comparisons with them and Obie. And for those reasons Juan just gave. All of them are big spenders, huge spenders, that's why our deficit looks like it does, HUGE.

Quote Originally Posted by MoBo Act 4:12 View Post
    We can agree on that citrus.
    well, why should he when the republicans keep voting to increase the debt ceiling

quote by sticshooter:
    Blaming Bush agian I see LOL. He has had 3 years to fix it and has done nothing but make it worse then anyone cuild have thought. Gas hit 4.05 today here and its goig higher. bummer is all done. BTW how did Paul do in P.R?
    Both are guilty, both Bush and Obama, for adding hugely to our deficit. There's enough blame to point fingers at both of them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast