Archery Talk Forum banner

Lighting

792 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Daniel Boone 
#1 ·
What is the best lighting set up for a personal range? I have a 4ft shop light directly above me about 2 feet, and a soft white incandescent over to the side, and have a lot of trouble seeing through my peep.

#2 ·
I used High output lights in are club range. Not a shadow to be found. But it spoils you when you go to average lighted ranges.

If I ever do one for myself. I will have the lighting where I could do different light levels. Dimmer controls and dimmer ballists.

Personal range I would use bright white and two lamp fixtures either 8ft or 4ft T8 lamps

Attachments

#3 ·
Ok thanks DB. I'm gonna get some HO bulbs when I go into town. I am shooting from inside the shop, to to a lit target outside (through a window I put in just to shoot out of). It's not much, but it gets me out of the wind and lets me shoot as late as I want to. I just wish I could see better because most of my time spent out there is working on the bow and trying different things and I never can tell where my peep is exactly.

#4 ·
You got to have a HO Ballist in the fixture before you can use HO. Get bright white flourecents to give your sel the best light for the buck. I have seen guys get the flood bulbs and have them shining up from the ground for good light on target

DB

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.