a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I need a lawyer/ advice!

Quote Originally Posted by SHPoet View Post
    Going to a shoot after the purchase does not make this "Archery Related".
    What he said.

Quote Originally Posted by Mxracer532 View Post
    Like i said the problems were COVERED!!!!

Also its not MY wifes parents. It was the OWNER of the trailers dad.
    This thread cracks me up!! Not at your misfortune, but rather the fact that so many people did not actually read what you wrote, or did read it and cannot comprehend that the sellers were NOT related to you.

I would possibly spend time talking with a lawyer to see what your options are. I once had a lawyer write a letter to a person who took advantage and that was enough for them to make it right.
    The Original Bling Sling
    I make the Bling Sling
    NASP "Homeschool Team" Leader
    Level 3-NTS Coach, USA Archery

I am not an attorney, but from past experience I can tell you unless you got it in writing, there not much you can do. Beside any business you do with relatives or in-laws, suck it up and forget it. There is nothing worth destroying the relationship in the family for life. Learn, forget it, don't do it again, and move on. One more point, never lend a relative or in-law money! Give it to them! That way there is no bad feelings because it was gift. Of course if you don't have it to give, tell them you're sorry you don't have the money.
    Sign,
    I've been married 48 years this month and I love all my relatives and in-laws because I had no business deals with them. :-)
    San Juan Archers Inc.
    Xpert Archery - Larry, Tara, & Jeremy Dugger 505-325-5544
    I love Rangefinder 3Ds

dammit - He's not RELATED to the con man!
    Big Game needs Big Country Life-BHA,RMEF,RCFW,MTBCH,

Quote Originally Posted by muleguy View Post
    dammit - He's not RELATED to the con man!
    Thank YOU!! Now there's 2 of us that read it right!!
    The Original Bling Sling
    I make the Bling Sling
    NASP "Homeschool Team" Leader
    Level 3-NTS Coach, USA Archery

So your DAD sold this to you ? Good lord people read the post b-4 replying .
    To the OP , Your sh''ite outa luck . Buyer beware . Move on and fix it .
    PSE Bowmadness 3G skullworks Lefty 2012
    Elite Hunter 2013 - My new toy
    Bowtech Ross 2010 Carnivore 34 70 lb.
    Vortex Optics -
    Tru-Fire releases

I need some advice and knowledge. Hopefully someone can help.
    After searching for a few months I pulled the trigger and bought a travel trailer and after looking it over really close and talking with the owners (father in law/ dad) for an hr and him disclosing EVERYTHING (supposedly) even how he was a christain man and everything was PERFECT. Well that was on Friday and Sat i went to a shoot. Sunday I went to put some supplies in a storage area and noticed the lenolium was pealing right at the edge of the door. Well the floor in the corner was completely rotted and soft.
    On the inside in that corner was stratigically placed entry mats covering a crack in the lenolium and the floor inside was rotted as well. I also noticed after looking at the water tank under the bed that the tank (had a blanket over the top of it to hide that it had been removed) (obviously due to the water damage). So basically I got COMPLETELY lie'd to and sold a damaged trailer. Is there any legal action I can take to get my $6k back?
    Religion has nothing to do with how a person is.
    never trust anyone,

Did you go inside of the trailer? If so, how did you miss this damage? Covered up or not, the way you are describing it you would have fallen through the floor!

That really sucks your father in law would do that to you............ (Lol, sorry I had to) Man that really sucks about the trailer. In my state the law clearly states unless it is bought with some type of written warranty, its buy at your own risk. Stange what some people will do or cover up just to be able to make a few bucks.

[QUOTE=Painted Turtle;1063685878]Caveat emptor[/QUOTE

Agree X2 meaning buyer beware. The trailer was sold as is. Cheaper to fix and go on with life than pay $250 and hour for lawyer when your gonna loose anyway.
    HOYT AM-32 60LB, HHA SIGHT, CODE RED REST, BOW RATTLER SS, ALPINE SOFT LOK, GOLD TIP 5575 GRIM REAPER BROAD HEADS
    ELITE Z-28 NINJA 70 LB, HHA SIGHT,CODE RED REST, ALPINE SOFT LOK QUIVER, GOLD TIP 5575 GRIM REAPER BROAD HEADS
    ELITE ANSWER 50/60, HHA SIGHT, LIMBSAVER S COIL, ALPINE SOFT LOK QUIVER

Just tell him you forgive him but it's a shame he sold his soul to the devil of only 6 grand.
    Deer tremble when they hear my name

I ain't no pimp.

Replacing wood rot on campers sucks. I have repaired 3 and will not touch another one. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by wvmountaineers View Post
    My own personal theory is, as soon as someone has to tell you how christian they are.....run. If you are as christian as you espouse, your actions will show it far more acurately than any words

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk
    Or how ethical they are.

You probably don't have a legal 'leg to stand on'. But, as X Force Girl said the seller my be too dumb to realize this and compensate you the first time they see letterhead from a lawyer. It may be worth a hundred dollars or two to try.

OMG THANK YOU TO THE ONES WHO ACTUALLY READ THAT THEY ARE NOT MY FAMILY!!!
    On the other hand, to the one who said the way i described it I would have fell through the floor, (i actually said (his fat arse) would have! Not not me at 175lbs)
    10 Strother SR 71 29in 65lbs IBO's at 342.6
    29in 65lbs 343gn Carbontech Cheetah 333fps.
    8.5 Gt500 29in draw, 61#s 335gn arrow 319fps.
    07 Left hand Elite Synergy/GTO- Now my wifes bow
    40#s GTO cams

If you looked it over really close you would have noticed the floor was rotted that bad and the water tank was missing. Those are probably the first 2 things I'd look at when buying a trailer and the guy is going to point out that fact to any judge/jury. I don't see you having any chance at all of winning this one.
    Speed is fine. Accuracy is final.

After searching for a few months I pulled the trigger and bought a travel trailer and after looking it over really close and talking with the owners (father in law/ dad) for an hr and him disclosing EVERYTHING (supposedly) even how he was a christain man and everything was PERFECT. Well that was on Friday and Sat i went to a shoot. Sunday I went to put some supplies in a storage area and noticed the lenolium was pealing right at the edge of the door. Well the floor in the corner was completely rotted and soft.
    On the inside in that corner was stratigically placed entry mats covering a crack in the lenolium and the floor inside was rotted as well. I also noticed after looking at the water tank under the bed that the tank (had a blanket over the top of it to hide that it had been removed) (obviously due to the water damage). So basically I got COMPLETELY lie'd to and sold a damaged trailer. Is there any legal action I can take to get my $6k back?
    Perfect thread for the PRM.
    "Huh, dude...I think we got hit by a big boat...Hey, quit bogarting the bowl, dude...why am I wet?..." -hdracer

Staples Sucks I Use Office Depot

Some states have a 3 day " cooling off period " on vehicle sales ( WA does not ). If the defect was not disclosed to you a fraud was committed. I would approach the seller and request your money be returned. If the seller says no, contact an attorney.

Good luck to you.
    According to the current regime Americans are too stupid to retain individual freedom...

in mass we have a "lemon law" maybe there is something like that where you live? allowing you to recoup money due to having make repairs that you otherwise shouldnt have to.

Quote Originally Posted by SHPoet View Post
    No, but he is an AT'er and we all need input sometimes... I believe he is screwed, but never hurts to ask others!

It is a shame what your very own sister in law will do to you. There certainly is an easy solution. Punch him in the face..
    Bear truth 2 28" 66lbs
    NAP quicktune 1000
    Gold tip Nugent Sig Series
    Tru-glo 5 pin
    M100 gr. Muzzy MX-3

Thanks to the few who actually payed attention and understood the situation. To the ones who said going to a shoot doesnt make it archery related, isnt the slogan (Archers helping Archers)?
    10 Strother SR 71 29in 65lbs IBO's at 342.6
    29in 65lbs 343gn Carbontech Cheetah 333fps.
    8.5 Gt500 29in draw, 61#s 335gn arrow 319fps.
    07 Left hand Elite Synergy/GTO- Now my wifes bow
    40#s GTO cams

I wouldn't worry about the geniuses that refuse to read. The first post was kind of ambiguous but you cleared the whole relative thing up. Sorry about your luck and I hope everything works out well.

Orange County, People's Republik of Mexifornistan
    You should have let a professional look at it first. Rip the wood out, replace the floor and send the invoice to pops. He'll pay it or he won't. If "dad" will F U like this then we must question whether one or both of you is a complete ahole because that's messed up. Inlaws...for those who don't have enough grief in their life.
    ’11 Hoyt Carbon Element 65lb draw, Spot Hogg Hunter sight, QAD HDX drop-away rest, 8” Axion Gridlock 3D Hunter stabilizer, Archer Xtreme Carbon Vapor (camo dipped) quiver
    The U.S. city with the most restrictive gun laws in the nation, Washington, D.C., has the highest murder rate at 24 per 100,000. The state with the most unrestrictive gun regulations, Vermont, has the lowest murder rate at 0.48 per 100,000.

Really dude do you realize what section your in ! I mean come on engage your brain before you typing read what it says under the title Campfire !
    I ain't as good as I once was,
    But I'm as good once as I ever was

Quote Originally Posted by Boone View Post
    Really dude do you realize what section your in ! I mean come on engage your brain before you typing read what it says under the title Campfire !

Thread was moved. But hey, go ahead and insult him.

sine labore nihil

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12