Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: John Elway !! What a sell out!!

Wow exactly. When i went to school 5 came before 6. You posted #5 bringing religion into the discussion.

Ok i see the issue. On my first post i qouted you in post number 21. My intention was to qoute post #5. I just scrolled up and hit reply with quote on the wrong post. My point was that the OP never brought up religion, you did. Its all good.

hmm, let's see. If a team starts ONLY 3rd stringers, but before every game asks for God to give them a win...how many games do you think they'll win? For every guy who prays before a game and wins, there's a guy on the other side who prayed and lost.

The type of person Tebow is, has nothing to do with football decisions in terms of winning and losing.

No I was just trying to point out ethics and religion don't go hand in hand with business all the time. Religion was nothing more than a example. Then the next guy brought up god.

I like Tebow. But you can't blame Denver for going after Manning. He is probably the best QB in the NFL. The Colts record without him last year proved it. I just don't think Denver wants to run the offense that Tebow will shine in. Tebow will be ok. He's going to get a chance with the Jets. Sanchez isn't playing well enough to keep the job all season.
    Darrall Dougherty

Quote Originally Posted by meatmissile View Post
    Well I didnt start this as a religious spark at all, even though Tebow is a true believer and gives all his success to a higher belief. Just seems that with all the hype of Tebow and how they put him on a pedestal for pullling Denever out of a for certain doomed season, to actually make the playoffs, that John would have been more apt to keep and let him atleast learn form Manning. Yes Manning is a better QB no dought at the time but he had to learn as well.. It wouldnt have matterd who Elway brought in, still feel he sold Tebow out after he made Denver look better then they actually were!!
    It's the NFL and big money spent for a short season and just getting to the play-offs doesn't cut it.Manning has been there and more important...he knows how to get there.Denver made the right decission.I think manning still has a couple left and is probably ready to show the dis-believers.Protection will play a key role.

Agreed. Manning in a wheel chair stands a chance to be a better QB than Timmy Jesus Time
    SH Archery & Custom Bow Tuning
    Dealer for Bowtech, Elite, Bear, and PSE
    2014 Bowtech RPM and Carbon Spyder 30

I dont think the argument has anything to do with who is the better QB. There's no comparisan there. What was lame was Elway saying Tebow is the man and he's our guy and all that, then abandoning him as soon as Manning showed interest in playing there. I understand that football is a business and the goal is winning, but I think Elway looked like a schmuck by saying one thing then doing another.
    Hunting: 10% skill and 90% location.

I still can't believe they didn't keep Tim T as a back-up. I love Peyton as a QB, but in my opinion he is playing with fire. You don't mess around with the vertebrae he had fused. As much as I hate to say it, I don't think Peyton will make it past week 6. But who knows, with the Saints getting popped this year and all the "Footballs to rough" talk going on, maybe roger will put extra protection on Manning via the Refs.

About Elway, I've always thought he was a schmuck. I think that fans, and sport talking heads give him to much credit for the 2 superbowl wins. If it wasn't for Terrell Davis and the Threat of Terrell Davis, I don't believe they would have won, 2 of 2. The only reason I give them the Falcons game is because of the strip club scandal involving the Falcons defense the night before.

In the long run this will better for Tebow. Elway hated the style of play they had with Tebow. He was looking for any excuse to get rid of him.

Payton was a great QB but he is getting old and injuries are cropping up. Some of the blindsides that Tebow absorbed last year would put Manning out for the season.

On another note, Payton will not put up with all the dropped balls and missed routes in the same manner as Tebow. He will be getting in someones face.
    Recovering Golf Addict

with agood QB I think Denver will do great. tebow , from what I saw wasnt that good and there was alot of hype around him. That being said im not a huge fallower of football so what do I know?
    Hunt/target: Bowtech Insanity, MBG accent w/ vengeance head and dovetail, limb driver, Paradigm carbon hammer and QD, Black eagle
    trad: Hunterbows 3 piece hybrid longbow, bear kodiak
    paradigm archery field staff

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12