Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Movie: The Hunger Games - Who's gonna see it?

Movie: The Hunger Games - Who's gonna see it?

Archery gets very little attention in movies, the last time I remember bows getting any love in a movie is Robin Hood. So with the movie "The Hunger Games" coming out tomorrow we should see some nice bow work. I hope people don't get upset with the accuracy of the movie saying, "That's not how you aim a bow", "you can't load a bow like that" or other such things. Hopefully people can just relax, enjoy the movie and have fun.

I hope these young actor's do a good job and it is not a Twilight tween movie, with good looking actors/actresses but horrible acting.

Ironically this year there will be two big screen movies with archery in them, "The Hunger Games" and "The Avengers" with Hawkeye. And the Avengers looks awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4S9a5V9ODuY

So who's going to see this movie?

I wonder if interest in archery will go up with this movie similar to how the movie "Fast & Furious" was a boon for the auto industry, especially Asian cars and aftermarket parts shops.

ill be there!!! i read an arcticle saying an olympic archer taught her how to shoot so anyone critiquing her form is critiquing an olympic archer!!!

Is it me just imagining this or is she shooting the recurve with the arrow on the outside of her hand???? (in the last pic)

Can't wait to see the "Avengers" especially with Hawkeye. Awesome lineup of star power in that one! I wonder if they are going to make a movie with the DC heros? I would love to see the Green Arrow, Justice League maybe?

I have a hard time believing that this movie/book series author did not take something from books like Stephen King's Running Man, and especially, Japan's Battle Royale. I watched Battle Royale around 8 years ago, and the premise of Hunger Games is almost identical...to the point of plagiarism almost.

I am sure it will be a good watch though, it certainly has the marketing hype behind it.
    * Bowtech Destroyer 350 LE
    * QAD HDX
    * Trophy Ridge React
    * TightSpot quiver
    * Easton FMJ

ill be there tomorrow night.
    2010 Hoyt Turbohawk 26" draw 60# limbs
    Ht-2 500's 60x strings Doinker Dish Hunter
    Green and White FOBS
    SNA Wrist Sling
    Trophy Ridge Revolution Toxonics 5 pin micro

Quote Originally Posted by 3dbowmaster View Post
    Is it me just imagining this or is she shooting the recurve with the arrow on the outside of her hand???? (in the last pic)

And so it starts. lol

Sure does look like it!

I will be seeing it Friday. Also in the previews not much penetration on the dummy target especially with a broadhead.

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vantage Elite +'s (77#, 60#, 55#) And a Matrix with Spirals for hunting
    Things I Like: Honey Badger Bowstrings, Gold Tip Arrows, Affordable Stabilizer Weights (ASW), Grave Digger Broadheads, and DS Advantage Products

Quote Originally Posted by jdavenp3 View Post
    I have a hard time believing that this movie/book series author did not take something from books like Stephen King's Running Man, and especially, Japan's Battle Royale. I watched Battle Royale around 8 years ago, and the premise of Hunger Games is almost identical...to the point of plagiarism almost.

I am sure it will be a good watch though, it certainly has the marketing hype behind it.

There definitely is a lot of that in Hollywood.

Quote Originally Posted by jdavenp3 View Post

like most works of art, they aren't created in a bubble. Im certain Collins, and the movie creator drew inspiration from the very works you mention. The Hunger Games books are truely exquisite. and im sure the movies will at least be quite good. Ill be there.

I though the exact same thing when I saw the pic somewhere else

Quote Originally Posted by hedp View Post

I wonder if interest in archery will go up with this movie similar to how the movie "Fast & Furious" was a boon for the auto industry, especially Asian cars and aftermarket parts shops.

There was an article in Google news yesterday about woman taking an interest in archery because of the trailer.

I'll probably take my middle daughter to see it tomorrow...She's alot more excited about it than I am.
    John's Customs Pro Staff Manager
    ASAT Camo Hunting Staff

Good interview, watch this:

‎5000 years ago, Moses said 2 Israel, "Pick up your shovels, mount your asses & camels, & I will lead you 2 the Promised Land." When Welfare was introduced, Roosevelt said, "Lay down your shovels, sit on your asses, & light up a Camel, this is the Promised Land." Now the government has stolen your shovel, taxed your asses, raised the price of Camels & mortgaged the Promised Land to China

Quote Originally Posted by vnhill1981 View Post
    Good interview, watch this:

very interesting...May have to see it myself!

The wife and I will be there to see it! I'm not a book guy but I read the first book in 2 days!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Prime Centroid
    Athens Accomplice 34
    HT-2 350's
    HHA DS
    Limbdriver Rest

I'll watch it. Last movie with a decent archer was Blade 3

Sent from Tapatalk
    Better archery through science.
    Vectrix XL #60 31.5"
    Strother Moxie #50 31.5"
    www.carbofastdirect.com

Probably take the kids, my son kept telling me I would like the books. I kept telling him no way, I read all three while on vacation last week.

The book is required reading at my children's middle school, so all of them have read the book. My youngest read all three books this year, she is in 8th grade this year and is very excited to see the movie. I have read the first book and it was pretty good. I will be taking my daughter to the midnight showing tonight. My daughter does shoot on and off, I am hoping that she will want to shoot more.

Ron Aguilar

My lady has read the books and wants to see the movie now, she leads with archery being involved so I'll say yes! We'll see.

I actually liked the books
    SH Archery & Custom Bow Tuning
    Dealer for Bowtech, Elite, Bear, and PSE
    2014 Bowtech RPM and Carbon Spyder 30

I had to turn away kids for NASP this year.....they are going to come out of the wood work next year!
    Ford 8n Pro Staff
    =============
    Vegetarians...What fun is it to hunt a vegetable! Anyone can sneek up on a carrot!

Quote Originally Posted by rutnstrut View Post
    Probably take the kids, my son kept telling me I would like the books. I kept telling him no way, I read all three while on vacation last week.
    I'm starting the first one tonight....hope to have it done before I see the movie on Saturday.
    Ford 8n Pro Staff
    =============
    Vegetarians...What fun is it to hunt a vegetable! Anyone can sneek up on a carrot!

i plan on seeing it i read the books and look forward to the movie and anything like this that sparks intrest in archery is good. check out this article http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...5.story?page=2
    I am around and still tuning Prime bows and selling strings and arrows. But am not on AT as often if you need me just send me a PM and I will get back to you.
    Thanks and God bless

the books are great. i just hope the movie follows the books. my wife and i are going to see it but we will wait until after the first weekend. too many talkers for me.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast