Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Movie: The Hunger Games - Who's gonna see it?

Quote Originally Posted by coachjdub View Post
    They are great books! One of the best series I have read. So for sure the movie will be a disappointment. But I will be going to see it anyway.

So what do you think?

My girl just finished the 1st book today. We saw it today (minus her since she hadn't finished the book). I really liked it. I think some of the scenes were a little too fast paced with the cameras, but I guess that was done purposely so you don't see too much gore. I thought the young actors/acresses did very good. I'll have to read the books now.

4.5 out of 5 stars.

Quote Originally Posted by rjharcher View Post
    Well I know this may not be popular but here is what I wrote on my facbook this morning. I realize the archery may be cool but think about this.
    I am troubled in my spirit this morning. This will be a long post but I hope you read it and think about what I have to say. I am concerned when we (Christians) get excited about a new movie coming out "The Hunger Games". For those who do not know. The Hunger Games is a movie about the blatant destruction of the one thing in creation that God gave his life for, "Man". The movie depicts a World government that requires "Tribute/Sacrifice" from its districts. The Tribute is one girl and one boy between the ages of 12 an d 18. These kids will then be required to "play in the hunger games". The game takes place in a big "arena" and viewed by the population on huge screens. Th game is, you kill all the others before they kill you and the last one standing wins. The movies depicts kids killing each other in various ways which I will not describe here. But one scene in particular that I saw shows the depraved indifference to the most precious gift of life. The scene show a girl of 12 sitting next to the bloody body of a friend that has just been killed. She is sitting there crying and holding her head in her hands saying she just wants to go home to her family. As she sits there you see another older girl running toward her with a weapon in her hand. The girl sitting there looks up and knows whats coming and just closes her eyes, making no attempt to protect herself she is mercilessly killed by the other girl. Does this remind you of sometime in history? The Roman Emperor Nero captured Christians and set them in the arena to be killed mercilessly by Gladiators. At the same time pitting Gladiator against Gladiator in fight to the death. He called it games.
    As long as we the people continue to pay the money to the theaters and video rentals to view such movies, the movies will continue to be made. I speak to the "Christians" who would support this with their funds. What are you saying whenyou take the money God has given you, and support it? What do you think He feels and thinks? I for one will not be giving my money to this abomination.

If God created man and man created this movie, doesn't this movie have God's handwork in it?

This was on the local news this morning. Apparently one of our local ranges is seeing a growing interest in archery.

http://www2.tricities.com/news/2012/...ry-ar-1796324/
    Strother Allure, Black Death, 259 fps @ 46 lbs, 25.5 dl, 253 gr GT Ultralight Pro 500.

Just saw this in the Chicago Tribune this morning http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,5001514.story

Quote Originally Posted by rjharcher View Post
    Well I know this may not be popular but here is what I wrote on my facbook this morning. I realize the archery may be cool but think about this.
    I am troubled in my spirit this morning. This will be a long post but I hope you read it and think about what I have to say. I am concerned when we (Christians) get excited about a new movie coming out "The Hunger Games". For those who do not know. The Hunger Games is a movie about the blatant destruction of the one thing in creation that God gave his life for, "Man". The movie depicts a World government that requires "Tribute/Sacrifice" from its districts. The Tribute is one girl and one boy between the ages of 12 an d 18. These kids will then be required to "play in the hunger games". The game takes place in a big "arena" and viewed by the population on huge screens. Th game is, you kill all the others before they kill you and the last one standing wins. The movies depicts kids killing each other in various ways which I will not describe here. But one scene in particular that I saw shows the depraved indifference to the most precious gift of life. The scene show a girl of 12 sitting next to the bloody body of a friend that has just been killed. She is sitting there crying and holding her head in her hands saying she just wants to go home to her family. As she sits there you see another older girl running toward her with a weapon in her hand. The girl sitting there looks up and knows whats coming and just closes her eyes, making no attempt to protect herself she is mercilessly killed by the other girl. Does this remind you of sometime in history? The Roman Emperor Nero captured Christians and set them in the arena to be killed mercilessly by Gladiators. At the same time pitting Gladiator against Gladiator in fight to the death. He called it games.
    As long as we the people continue to pay the money to the theaters and video rentals to view such movies, the movies will continue to be made. I speak to the "Christians" who would support this with their funds. What are you saying whenyou take the money God has given you, and support it? What do you think He feels and thinks? I for one will not be giving my money to this abomination.
    I don't think the movie SUPPORTS the idea of using killing as a game!
    The movie puts these characters in this horrible situation....one that no one likes, and shows some of the qualities (good and bad) of man.
    I think the movie advocates RESTRICTING government's ability to choose for us, and force us to do things...lest we someday end up in a similar situation. Maybe not where we are picked to kill each other in a game, but where the government makes life and death decisions FOR us. Small freedoms go first...then it gets worse.
    I think the movie does a good job of showing how precious life IS, and that it should NOT be a game.

God hasn't given me any money (usually the other way around), and if I spend the money I earned to see a movie that shows the possible perils of a totalitarian world government (even if exaggerated) so I learn to fight for my freedoms before I have to fight my fellow man, he might just smile...I hope he buys me popcorn
    Better archery through science.
    Vectrix XL #60 31.5"
    Strother Moxie #50 31.5"
    www.carbofastdirect.com

Nope
    Remember the 343 - 9-11-01 - George Johnson, Ladder 157 / Dan McWilliams, Ladder 157 / Bily Eisengrien, Rescue 2
    Life Member NAHC
    NRA

Well ... I've seen the film tonight .... and ...... it's complete and utter garbage
    In fact I'd go so far as to say it's one of the worst films I've ever seen, and believe me I've seen some stinkers. The script must have been written by a six year old, the direction is all over the place and the editing makes some parts of the film unwatchable. It's tired old cinematic cliche after cliche after cliche.

The books are a great read but in the uk archery gets zero coverage... Or very close to Zero! Any coverage is good coverage after all I got introduced to the sport through a Danish friend.... I will be seeing this film and making my own mind up

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234