a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Does anyone else do this?

Does anyone else do this?

Do anyone of you guys do intermediate an archery class? I'm just curious. I've gotten 100% better since I've started. I also made lots of good friends and the head coach at the complex is Robert Turner! He's one of the best archers in the world! He teaches the classes there! I'm just so glade I have the ability to get this opportunity to learn about our great sport!

Robert is one of the best guys you can meet. A wealth of knowledge and an awesome guy to be around. Was lucky enough to have him as a team leader at the world championships over in Poland this past summer, and I'll tell you what, Rob made it that much better. For some reason, it is just easier to listen to that Aussie accent. Haha.

Haha true that Bridger, anytime you can get some coaching and help from guys like that it helps
    Jacob Hemstock
    '11 VE+ '14 PCE XL
    I shoot for: GT, Axcel/Truball, Viscosity strings, FV
    "put your dot in the middle and shoot your shot, they'll tell you if you won later"

Yeah I'm really lucky to become friends with him too!

Oh wow. I'd love to meet him! I don't think we have archery classes down here but I'm in the process of joining an archery club that's right outside my little town. It's not up yet though and I wish it was!! 4H keeps gettin cancelled!

I'm in an "advanced" archery class in 4-H. This is for those people who actually shoot for more than just credits, and are actually relatively good. Mostly people on the state team.
    Yeah, I saw that movie about the little deer, but I got over it.
    Hoyt Contender. Easton X10 stablilzer & Doinker V-bars
    Sword Titan Sight. Gold Tip Ultralight 500s.
    Stan Shootoff release. Lizard tongue rest

Quote Originally Posted by underdog145 View Post
    Robert is one of the best guys you can meet. A wealth of knowledge and an awesome guy to be around. Was lucky enough to have him as a team leader at the world championships over in Poland this past summer, and I'll tell you what, Rob made it that much better. For some reason, it is just easier to listen to that Aussie accent. Haha.
    Coach Rob? Wow.. He was my coach too fro the time I was there. Lol

Y'all are lucky!!! We don't have advanced or intermediate or any of that stuff and we don't have archery classes! At 4H, we have senior class (which is based on age) and junior class (still based on age) I'm the second oldest in our whole archery group.

Mine was JOAD.

only coaching ive gotten recently is from Griv and some other pros that i know... i gotta get in with "in crowd", lol would be nice to meet more of the guys coaching the up and comers
    Jacob Hemstock
    '11 VE+ '14 PCE XL
    I shoot for: GT, Axcel/Truball, Viscosity strings, FV
    "put your dot in the middle and shoot your shot, they'll tell you if you won later"

Well the classes is actually just JOAD but they just help other archers.

Alachua??? What part? I live in Gainesville.

Oh really! Well it's actually in Newberry. You've probably been to the complex. The name of the complex is Easton Newberry sports complex. I'll be there tomorrow from 3:00-5:00, if you can, come join me! I would love to shoot with you!

Yeah I've been to the complex a BUNCH of times... I'm busy all this week.. :/ And if you saw my shooting you would tell everyone on here how crappy it is

Well maybe another day? The complex is pretty cool don't you think? Have you ran the par course that goes around the whole complex?

Nope... I did

Sorry bout that computer went bizerk.. haha...
    I only did 1 4H comp there and then the JOAD classes followed by the little competition they have at the end of the class..

So I went to the complex for my class today and we did a scoring round. I shot a 262 which was the best in the class, but I could have shot better.

Oh yeah and we did the beep test! NOT FUN!!!!!!

Beep test. Probably the single most aggregating thing associated with archery. And that's sayin somethin.