Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Magnus Stinger Broadheads

Quote Originally Posted by Keesey View Post
    After reading all this Im gonna buy a pack while Im out today. The only questions I have are Buzzcuts or regular Stingers? And 2 or 4 blades? Which perform best?
    It really doesnt matter, they both do the job. It is claimed the Buzzcuts do more damage due to serrated blades but thats a whole nother arguement!! Tryem and you wont be disappointed./

----08.5 ELITE GT500 ----- ASAT- NATION
    TUFFSAK bag targets
    MAGNUS BUZZCUTS /GRIZZ TRICK II /RAGE HYPO

Last year I shot Magnus Stinger 4 blade 100gr, but I broke one off at the screw in ferrule, midway up the head, the front of the arrow splintered as well, after a shot on a nice 10, in retrospect it was probably a bit forward and hit shoulder, so the issue is on me, but I dont think broadheads should break in half?! (and neither did magnus, they sent me a brand new pack and apologized for the product failure.) The deer was never recovered. Several People have made the comment that my arrow should have blown through the shoulder but that didn't happen. NOt a perfect shot on my part, but i still wonder would a muzzy, slick trick, Or T3 have blown through .... I'll never know. Just my 2 cents.

Also, their CS was top not h and their rep is fantastic, as you have read.
    13' Elite Hunter 70lb 29"
    QAD HDX, HHA XL5519, Stokerized SS1/Hunter, G5 Mag-Loc,
    Easton Axis ST, G5 T3, Rage Xtreme, Muzzy & Lumenocks.

Great broadheads! They fly with my field points out to 60 yds. I've killed my last four deer with them and none of the deer made it 50 yds.

AWESOME BH! Best CS and they fly true and kill fast.
    Just a burnt out bow junkie

I love my Buzzcuts! Awesome company with an awesome warranty. I am really thinking about shooting mechanical with my Invasion but it will be hard for me to give up my Magnus.

After reading all this Im gonna buy a pack while Im out today. The only questions I have are Buzzcuts or regular Stingers? And 2 or 4 blades? Which perform best?
    So which ones did you get?
    Hoyt Spyder 30

I ended up going with the 4 blade regular Stinger. Im actually really looking forward to using them. They are sharp as could be outta the pack

I ended up going with the 4 blade regular Stinger. Im actually really looking forward to using them. They are sharp as could be outta the pack
    Where in GA did you pick them up at?
    Hoyt Spyder 30

Extremely devastating head, six point I shot this fall had on idea what hit him. dropped after 5 yards, literally.
    Viscosity Bowstrings
    2014 Elite Energy 35
    2010 Elite Z28
    Deer Crossing Archery LLC

Quote Originally Posted by SierraMtns View Post
    Where in GA did you pick them up at?
    Bass Pro

About the only thing I can add that hasnt been said is if you have the chance to pick either the buzzcut or the stinger I would go with the buzzcut. You may not need the serrations but they dont cost any extra and at times they can/will help you. I use a KME sharpener and sharpen the blade like the serrations arent there and then hit the leading edge with an angled stone. The serration shine when you hit the big arteries/veins inside the critter. Our razor sharp blades arent as sharp after they get thru the hair and hide the serration cut those pliable, slippery arteries/vein that a somewhat dull blade might not be sharp enough to cut. Since going to the KME and buzzcuts I've noticed a big improvement in not only blood on the ground but distances traveled has went down for me too. Im not changing any time soon

XFIRE Bowstrings
    MAGNUS BROADHEADS

12. i personally prefer the buzzcut, especially on 2 blade. the 2 blade buzzcut is like a 4 blade buzzcut. every single stinger and buzzcut is spin tested within .003. lifetime replacement guarantee. we will always take care of you. On another note if you break or bend a stinger or buzzcut you have had to hit something extremely hard for this to happen. we have customers who have used the same broadhead on 12 deer. thanks again and if we can be of assitance, please email myself, mikesohm@magnusbroadheads.com

Quote Originally Posted by mikesohm/magnus View Post
    i personally prefer the buzzcut, especially on 2 blade. the 2 blade buzzcut is like a 4 blade buzzcut. every single stinger and buzzcut is spin tested within .003. lifetime replacement guarantee. we will always take care of you. On another note if you break or bend a stinger or buzzcut you have had to hit something extremely hard for this to happen. we have customers who have used the same broadhead on 12 deer. thanks again and if we can be of assitance, please email myself, mikesohm@magnusbroadheads.com
    Mike speaks the truth. You can not go wrong with either the Stinger or the Buzzcut. Magnus backs what they sale. Thanks for taking care of "US" customers after the sale Mike! If you bend or brake one...its most likely because it went through the deer and hit a rock in the dirt on the other side.
    2012 PSE Bow Madness XL 60 lbs @ 30"
    2012 Rytera Alien XT Hybrix 2.0 cams 65 lbs @ 30"
    2013 PSE EVO Max 70 lbs @ 30"
    2014 ELITE Energy 35 70 lbs @ 30" (Won it here on AT!!)

Just broadhead tuned my bow with Stinger 4 Blades, flying at 305 FPS, they're right with field tips after a few minor adjustments. Great flying head.

15. take a look at these 2 clips. one is shooting out of a fast speed compound out to 100 yds and the next one is shooting out of the barnett buck commander at barnetts rates it at 365 fps. thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

Switched to 4 blade buzzcuts last summer and really liked their performance while practicing. Shot out to 65 yards and flew the same as my field points. Only got to shoot one deer last year but the buzzcut did its job in 60 yards with a decent blood trail and a pass through.

Quote Originally Posted by mikesohm/magnus View Post
    take a look at these 2 clips. one is shooting out of a fast speed compound out to 100 yds and the next one is shooting out of the barnett buck commander at barnetts rates it at 365 fps. thanks

Those are some great videos. I will be putting in my order for some Stinger Buzzcut next week.
    Hoyt Spyder 30

Truly a win, should you decide to use them. Even without someone who calls himself my uncle and is named Ted- endorsing them anymore.

excellente. . . i prefer the buzzcuts but they are awesome i use four blade bleeders. . 100 grain sharp as heck out of box and lifetime replacement. . . cant beat them
    Elite Energy 32-280 fps
    Carbon express mayhem hunter-463 gr
    10 in bee stinger prohunter maxx
    grim reapers and DRT Dirt nap

4 blades are mean motorscooters
    "How you like them Apples"

Stingers, Buzzcuts, and Snuffers ... they all fly AMAZING and all provide quick clean kills. Mike stands behind every broadhead that leaves his shop and you will never find a company with better customer service.

Derek Craig
    "It's a New Day in the Outdoors"
    Magnus Broadheads

Magnus ....Is the stuff ..I have been using them for 5-6 years .....Best deal on the market IMHO ...and made in USA .....

Now that is some great shooting. I will be ordering some soon. Cant wait to test them out.

Quote Originally Posted by DEC View Post
    Stingers, Buzzcuts, and Snuffers ... they all fly AMAZING and all provide quick clean kills. Mike stands behind every broadhead that leaves his shop and you will never find a company with better customer service.

Hoyt Spyder 30

Cant go wrong with magnus! They make a short list of heads I would trust my life on! I have a bunch but am playing around with mechs again this yr....
    Hell yea I hunt those poor little deer I eat them too.
    highcountryarchery.net/ Yea they are back and making excellent bows!!!!!!!!
    I created the staggar back tuning method

Magnus broadheads are the bomb bought them after a less than stealer experience with a pack of Rages and never will go back.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast