a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Straight Talk Cell Phone Service

Straight Talk Cell Phone Service

My husband's contract with Verizon has been up for some time and he is looking at other options. Straight Talk seems very reasonably priced, but I am a little concerned about the quality of their service. Do any of you have any experience with this company? He is looking at the $45 unlimited talk/text/data plan. We would appreciate any input from anyone who may have chosen to go this route rather than go under contract for 2 more years. How does it compare?

I'm not much help but i did a little search and read some reviews that CS was verry poor.If you can live with that.

I'm in Wisconsin and have been using the straight talk plan for the last year or so. I get reception and service in the same areas as I did with my old Verizon phone. The 30 dollar plan gets you 1000 texts, 1000 calltime minutes, and 30 meg of interent I think. The only difference I see in the service as compared to my old verizon account, is that the web browsing is slower than heck. Other than that, 30 bucks gets me everything I need. I've been real happy with it..I signed up for the auto refill option on the straight talk website, so it just automatically comes out of the checking account each month. No contract, etc. If you ever want to stop the service there are no fees, etc, so you can go back to a diff provider if you want.

We checked on Verizon's $50/month unlimited plan today and the lady basically told us the phones were crap. We also looked at the Straight Talk phones at Walmart. Do you recommend any specific phone? I'm researching them, but I usually get some good advice on here too.

I have read about the terrible CS, and I am taking that into consideration, but honestly, Verizon's CS has never really impressed me either.

Thanks for your input so far!

He decided to go ahead and give Straight Talk a try with the Samsung r375c. Had some trouble programming it and had to call CS, they were surprisingly very helpful! I've already noticed a couple limitations compared with my Blackberry, but my Verizon contract is up next February and if he gets really good service, I may decide to retire the BB to save $40 per month on a much more generous plan!

Quote Originally Posted by ksp2089 View Post
    He decided to go ahead and give Straight Talk a try with the Samsung r375c. Had some trouble programming it and had to call CS, they were surprisingly very helpful! I've already noticed a couple limitations compared with my Blackberry, but my Verizon contract is up next February and if he gets really good service, I may decide to retire the BB to save $40 per month on a much more generous plan!
    Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by ksp2089 View Post
    My husband's contract with Verizon has been up for some time and he is looking at other options. Straight Talk seems very reasonably priced, but I am a little concerned about the quality of their service. Do any of you have any experience with this company? He is looking at the $45 unlimited talk/text/data plan. We would appreciate any input from anyone who may have chosen to go this route rather than go under contract for 2 more years. How does it compare?
    straight talk is a walmart service that uses verizon. you will have the same service as verizon. it's a very good deal.

They use the Verizon towers. Everywhere that you have Verizon service you should have straight talk service.

He's had the phone now for a couple of weeks and he has been satisfied with it. I think he may have been expecting a little more as far as data/email, but for talk/texting I don't know why anyone wouldn't go that route.