Thread: How to waterproof a pop up blind. . .

How to waterproof a pop up blind. . .

I have been reading using the search function and it seems that people like the camp dry product. I'm worried about a sheen or glare that could come off the blind from using a product like this. Has anyone had any problems with this sort of thing from a waterproofing spray?

Just figured I would check before I ruin an expensive blind. . .

Thanks, Kelpy

I use the product from Atsko - orange cap on it. Cheaper than camp-dry, and I have never had an issue with it.

It really makes the water bead right off the blind - its pretty good stuff.
    -Mathews DXT, Spot-Hogg Real Deal, QAD HD, STS, Limbsaver X-Coil, Vapor Trail, GT Pro Hunters, and Slick Tricks...

Primos sells a waterproofer.

Quote Originally Posted by cornfedkiller View Post
    I use the product from Atsko - orange cap on it. Cheaper than camp-dry, and I have never had an issue with it.

It really makes the water bead right off the blind - its pretty good stuff.
    I use this stuff on my umbrella blinds; works great. I like the Atsko better than the Camp Dry as it seems to have less scent.

David

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    2013 Tenpoint Titan Xtreme, BE Executioners
    2012 Bowtech Insanity CPX - 51.5 lb, 28" DL
    Spot Hogg Hunter w/Wrap, QAD HDX, Beman ICS Hunter 400s, Magnus Buzzcuts 125gr 2 blade
    2011 Diamond Razor Edge - 50 lb, 28.5" DL
    Redhead Carbon Fury 4560s, Magnus Buzzcuts 125gr 2 blade

303 fabric guard, it will also help your fabric not fade overtime. many repellants can have a chemical reaction on the stitching and cause it to deteriorate, or make the camo fade. fabic guard won't have any effect on the stitching, fabric, or dyes.
    Educate yourself and test hang in your safety harness, it may save your life one day.

Set it up and spray it down with Thompsons Water Seal or Bear Seal Tite from a garden tank type sprayer. Let it dry and air out well and you'll have a very water proof shelter. This is how I do my canvas wall tent. Twice in the 20 years I've owned it. Still going strong.

I would also go with Atsko water proofing spray.
    The Lord Jesus Christ is our saviour. Only he can give us eternal life.

What the other guys said. If you are going to use the blind for deer hunting make sure you have enough time for the blind to air out before taking it out to the woods. Some of that stuff has a pretty strong odor to it.
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter. -Dr. Seuss

I figure God only gives us so many sunrises and sunsets so I make the best of each one He gives me. -Can't remember

Atsko.
    2006 Switchback 70 lb 29 DL PSE STL Hunter 400 at 27 7/8
    396 grains at 280 fps Blazers with AZ Mini Helical
    Black Gold FlashPoint, TrueFire Hurricane Release
    QAD HD QD

Is there such a thing as waterproofer with UV protectant in it?

Not UV brighteners, just a protectant to keep the colors from fading from too much direct sunlight over time.

Quote Originally Posted by buckhead View Post
    Is there such a thing as waterproofer with UV protectant in it?

Not UV brighteners, just a protectant to keep the colors from fading from too much direct sunlight over time.

Yes. This is what the "original" Double Bull guys suggested to use. I been using it since 2003 and my Matrix looks brand new, not to mention VERY waterproof.

http://www.rei.com/product/672447/te...ater-repellent

rfl

Quote Originally Posted by flair View Post
    Yes. This is what the "original" Double Bull guys suggested to use. I been using it since 2003 and my Matrix looks brand new, not to mention VERY waterproof.

http://www.rei.com/product/672447/te...ater-repellent
    Is one can all I need?
    -Mathews DXT, Spot-Hogg Real Deal, QAD HD, STS, Limbsaver X-Coil, Vapor Trail, GT Pro Hunters, and Slick Tricks...

I used a waterproofing/seam sealant for tents and other outdoor things I found at the local hardware store, it looks like a giant benadryl stick with the smushy soft tip......I just set mine up and run that over the INSIDE of the seams, did that 2 years ago and held up great for 2 full seasons will be doing it again before this spring though just for good measure and because I bought 2 bottles of this stuff 2 years ago and have only used a half a bottle thus far lol
    Elite Answer
    Dead Center Archery Bowhunting Staff Triple Toe Game Calls Pro Staff

Flex seal..nuff said
    If you ask for my opinion don't get butt hurt when you don't like it.
    Pope and Young Plywood Hunters of America Unite!

Quote Originally Posted by cornfedkiller View Post
    Is one can all I need?
    Depends...I did the whole top half of my Matrix and used 3 cans. If you are just concerned with the top, then 1-1.5.