a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: rejuvinate plastics?

rejuvinate plastics?

hey all, Just picked up an 02 or 03 650 prairie...the red plastics are pretty faded and almost pink..they are decent shape, not great, not bad...I'd like to maybe do something about it, not sure what..the way I see it, I can buy new/used plastics, somehow either rejuvinate(not sure if possible??) or maybe paint?? not sure if thats possible either...or go with some kind of camo covering...either decal or cloth...any suggestions??? thanks for any help!!

they make products that rejuvinate plastics but what i tried wasnt worth all the work involved and still didnt turn out that great. you could paint them, youd havve to rough em up a bit so the paint would stick better, but it will eventually crack and peel. its expensive but if you want it looking new again buying new is the way to go.

HOYT MAXXIS 35 31" DRAW
    100% PURE REDNECK
    "YOU MAKE YOUR MONEY IN AMERICA, SO BUY AMERICAN MADE"
    "LOST YOUR JOB YET? KEEP BUYING FOREIGN"

There is nothing out there that works. I've tried it all. Your best bet is to have them dipped just like a bow. There are several Hydrographics places around now. It shouldn't be hard to find one. Have a few friends that had their Rhino bodies dipped and they turned out awesome. And they make any camo pattern or other design you can think of. Pretty cool stuff.
    You can do more with a kind word and a gun than with just a kind word.

thanks guys!...still cant decide on paint/dip/new!!

wow, just did them with krylon fusion, I'm pretty excited they way they came out!!!...very easy, even if it doesn't last forever, sure they'll touch up just fine! the red is almost exact match