Thread: Anyone shoot a dead release??

Anyone shoot a dead release??

Wondering how many of us are shooting a "dead release" or a "pull through style"???? Thoughts on what is better?

Rhody creek Archery (MT)
    Authorized Martin / Athens Archery Dealer: 406-564-8372

Martin Factory Staff, Bohning Pro Staff, Trophy Taker Pro Staff, Gold Tip Advisory Staff, Bust-A-Buck Sales Rep (MT).

Pretty dead for me. That's the way I started and never changed. Works for me but I know the preferred is a pull thru style.

I use a "dead" release in that my hand does not move much; just a little to the rear. But it is not a "conscious" release. I do not "decide" to let go.

My bows of late have been bows with a distinct wall, which I like. I pull to the wall firmly. I suspect that if I was shooting a bow out of a distinct valley, I might see more pull through. I did have more release hand movement to the rear with recurves.

It seems like to me that if you transfer the hold to the back muscles, and relax the draw hand and arm, that at least a little rearward movement would be normal.
    Most religions teach that you earn salvation by keeping rules. Jesus didn't teach that "good people" go to heaven. He taught that "forgiven people" go to heaven. And He invited everyone, no matter what their past, to come to Him and be forgiven.

I use a pull-through release...I pretty much have to, or else I start "Flicking" the string off my fingers, or I will collapse into the shot....Harperman

Those who separate Politics, and Morality, will never understand either one....John Viscount Morley