View Poll Results: Do you support getting rid of back tags?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

43 81.13%
  • No

10 18.87%

Thread: Do you support getting rid of back tags?

Do you support getting rid of back tags?

Do you support getting rid of back tags for deer hunters? Yes or no

Yes, I dont think we should have to display it on our backs.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

They have spooked deer when leaning forward. Sometimes it scratches the bark. Many times I don't wear it. There is a typo in the rules.One place says it has to be on your possession. Another place says it has to be on your back. I have also lost them when on my back.

I put it on my back pack. After talking with a warden he said it was okay to do so. Since that is what is on my back while walking in and out.

They have no real use -

I generally have the tag in my wallet. I know its not legit within the rules. But swapping jackets clothing Im always afraid I will forget it which I have......so I will admit to being a rule breaker in that aspect
    Kevin Garceau

Owner: G-Force Archery and Outdoors
    Custom high performance arrows built to your needs.
    I can help with any and all archery accessory needs at competitive pricing

I think as long as you are on private property whats the big deal if you have it in your truck?
    New Breed Archery Shooting Staff
    Extreme Bowstrings,TRU Ball,Axcel Sights,BowRattler,Onestringer Arrow Wraps... HammerBowHangers...Deer Crossing Archery

Yes. And if you are, you should present a proposal to do so at your local Spring Hearing on Monday. I would, but I already have two proposals to put forward.

Didn't you hear there is a War against Women in this State I am sure they do not want to hear a proposal from one!!!
    New Breed Archery Shooting Staff
    Extreme Bowstrings,TRU Ball,Axcel Sights,BowRattler,Onestringer Arrow Wraps... HammerBowHangers...Deer Crossing Archery

I always put it on my back pac. Pa just did away with them.

There is a war on women in the whole country according to Obaba. The rich are keeping them from affordable birth control, then calling them ****s. But ya, I also keep my back tag in my pocket and think a decent warden would yawn if I confessed as long as I had it on me, who cares? Wisconsin could also save money if they just printed the kill tags instead of license.

They don't really bother me while hunting, as I put mine on my pack as well. The pros to them is that they are useful for identifying guys (trespassing, etc...). However, beyond that they are useless and I hate always having to check to make sure it is still there. I'd vote to do away with them.

Shucks I pay an extra $5 for mine reserved no. kinda special

where the 242inch 28 point buck was shot. Fremont, wisconsin
    no. we have to have back tags?????? sorry never knew that we did!!
    PSE FIELD STAFF
    PSE MILITIA:
    PSE Dominator Pro
    PSE DNA
    PSE Dominator pro 3d

where the 242inch 28 point buck was shot. Fremont, wisconsin
    Quote Originally Posted by kaj4 View Post
    no. we have to have back tags?????? sorry never knew that we did!!
    i mean YES!!
    PSE FIELD STAFF
    PSE MILITIA:
    PSE Dominator Pro
    PSE DNA
    PSE Dominator pro 3d

I don't mind them but it is loud sometimes scratching against the tree.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by James Vee View Post
    Yes. And if you are, you should present a proposal to do so at your local Spring Hearing on Monday. I would, but I already have two proposals to put forward.
    are they going to allow proposals at the spring hearings this year, i thought they sais no

Quote Originally Posted by ihookem View Post
    There is a war on women in the whole country according to Obaba. The rich are keeping them from affordable birth control, then calling them ****s. But ya, I also keep my back tag in my pocket and think a decent warden would yawn if I confessed as long as I had it on me, who cares? Wisconsin could also save money if they just printed the kill tags instead of license.
    Now don’t be so hard on the Prez. Pray for him. He needs your help. Daily I say a little prayer for him and make sure to recite Psalm 109:8 in his honor.

As to the backtag thing. More than 80% here said to get rid of them and I agree. Tonight I am submitting a resolution in My County to get rid of them..

Almost had me feeling guilty till I saw Psalms 109 v8.

Quote Originally Posted by edthearcher View Post
    are they going to allow proposals at the spring hearings this year, i thought they sais no
    They did.

I wear mine under protest.

The back tag rule is one of the dumbest and most archaic laws we have in Wisconsin hunting. I have lost my TRIPLE PINNED tag at least 3 times over the past 40 years while walking through brush that is the thickest and heaviest I coud find -- in an attempt to push deer to my hunting partner. Discovery of the loss was followed by a frantic re-tracing of my path. I found the tag in all but one instance. Plus, the tag rubs against my stand tree and makes noise -- not where I want to be!

PLEASE GET RID OF THIS RULE.

We can do away with this idiotic tag. It does not prove we have followed any laws except bought a license. A state with a back tag has to issue the back tag as well as make sure it is worn -- and that is easy for lazy people and poachers to get around. It just doesn't make sense, seeing as a phone-in registration is fine in many states!!

I was thinking the tags should be displayed for the purpose of identification of violators until I read through the posts. Some good arguments posted. It could go either way for me I guess. I hope they keep them though. That way, I at least have tag soup to eat at the end of the season.

Now, I need to go dust off my Bible.

I just put in on the outside of my backpack so It doesn't bug me to much while hunting. I doubt I would get a ticket for that and if I do, so be it.

zenworks911

i dont see why we need to wear them here in WI, when i go to CO for elk i have a tag in my pocket, dont have to register it, and noone will know if I have gotten anything unless stopped by a warden.