Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hawke 1.5-5 X 32 Scopes are IN!!!

Is this scope a Red & Green color or Red & Blue?? If it is Red & Blue any chance some one can post a pic of the blue illuminated crosshairs??
    SZ380 & Tornado w/ XB30's
    Crossbow Warrior Pro Staff
    NRA Member MCF Member

I second Zrt1200's request and would also like to see a picture of this scope mounted on a bow if an owner would be kind enough to do so. I have some reservations about the aesthetics of this scope, i.e. the lack of symmetry between the distance from the ocular and objective lenses to the elevation/windage adjustments.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by copperjohn View Post
    I second Zrt1200's request and would also like to see a picture of this scope mounted on a bow if an owner would be kind enough to do so. I have some reservations about the aesthetics of this scope, i.e. the lack of symmetry between the distance from the ocular and objective lenses to the elevation/windage adjustments.

Thanks
    Scope Aestetics??? ... that's a new one on me. Now here's a man who pays attention to detail! Probably the best shot on the forum.
    Scorpyd Velocity165 425.5fps @ 426gr & 171KE, Zeiss 3-12 Illum Duralyt, CamX Accuspine, 100gr Firenock SBG RamCats Scorpyd Orion150 Leupold 2.5-8x36mm, AcuDraw, Wyvern BEEs. Swarovski bino, Leica rangefinder, Surefire, Deerelight & Fenix lights.
    White Buffalo Inc. - Project Manager ... Wounded Warrior Project - Mentor ... NRA Life Member 1971

Copper, I'm digging for a photo I took of a pre production one. If I can find it I'll post it. You do have a point:-)

This is the Ten Point. Their outside dimensions are almost identical. You can see the front scope ring is positioned as far back as possible. You are correct in that it may be more difficult to get the scope postioned correctly on crossbows like the Strykers and others with rearward postioned scope rails.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    MOON

Super Short Recurve Xbows- The Future of Recurve Hunting Xbows

STRYKER 350- LS 390 COMPOUND XBOWS - YOU CAN SPEND MORE .......

Does anyone have a pic of the crosshairs?
    Barnett quad 400, NAP Spitfire MAXX 125 gr.
    06 Reflex Highlander,Trophy Ridge FlatLiner, Wolfden Strings, Gold Tip XT, New Archery Products QuikTune 360 CaptureRest

Maybe Wyvern can get a photo of the reticle design. I think this scope will sell well but I also think they should upgrade the XB30 to 425 fps and be done with it:-)
    MOON

Super Short Recurve Xbows- The Future of Recurve Hunting Xbows

STRYKER 350- LS 390 COMPOUND XBOWS - YOU CAN SPEND MORE .......

Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    Maybe Wyvern can get a photo of the reticle design. I think this scope will sell well but I also think they should upgrade the XB30 to 425 fps and be done with it:-)
    Yeah, maybe ... if they made the XB-30 into a 2-8x36mm or 3-9x36mm while they were doing the upgrade.
    Scorpyd Velocity165 425.5fps @ 426gr & 171KE, Zeiss 3-12 Illum Duralyt, CamX Accuspine, 100gr Firenock SBG RamCats Scorpyd Orion150 Leupold 2.5-8x36mm, AcuDraw, Wyvern BEEs. Swarovski bino, Leica rangefinder, Surefire, Deerelight & Fenix lights.
    White Buffalo Inc. - Project Manager ... Wounded Warrior Project - Mentor ... NRA Life Member 1971

How about this?
    Michigan Meat Hunter "Shooting Tomorrows Trophies Today"
    Scorpyd Vent -150, Excal Matrix 330
    Michigan Crossbow Federation Member, AND PROUD OF IT!!

Thanks Spike.
    SZ380 & Tornado w/ XB30's
    Crossbow Warrior Pro Staff
    NRA Member MCF Member

Spike, what are your thoughts thus far on the scope? I'm anxiously waiting for mine. I had the xb30 and I'm hoping its light weight and compact size will make up for what I'm losing in optics quality that I had with the xb30.

Redm2 I'm going in for a MRI today, so as of now I have mounted it on my parker spartan and have been scoping the neighbors steers. LOL! I bought it for the ventilator but I think i am going to leave it on the spartan for turkey season. I'm starting to go nuts because I really want to shoot it but don't want to drop the money on a sidewinder crank unless I really need it, wish I could tell you more.

Good luck at the Doc Spike.....

Any more reviews on this scope? I really like the pic of the reticle. Not too cluttered.
    I already have a Hawke HD IR on mine now but have thought of getting another Xbow scope and putting the HD on my muzzleloader.
    NRA Life Member, NC Lifetime Sportsman
    Excalibur Ibex

Quote Originally Posted by wapster View Post
    Good luck at the Doc Spike.....
    Thanks wapster, I now know what it feels like to be in a coffin...ALIVE.

Been thinking of something if you back off on the speed ring for a bigger site Pic. the main crosshair will still be at the same point, am I right?
    2 StrykeZone 350's
    Browning Illusion
    T.R.U.Ball Short-N-Sweet

yep....and then you can use the bottom one all the way out to 75 yrs.....dont ask me how I know......

yep....and then you can use the bottom one all the way out to 75 yrs.....dont ask me how I know......
    I ordered one of the Hawke scopes today. Can you elaborate a little on what you're talking about?

Thanks
    Excalibur Ibex

I should have specified the scope I was referring to its an excaliber not a hawke. On mine the top cross does not move if you change the speed dial......but the rest do.....to some extent. So when I am zero'd in at 20/30/40/50 yrds,if I want to take a longer shot (in my case 75 yrd) I turn the speed dial all the way down and the bottom cross is right on at that distance. This will not be your experience unless you have the exact same weight arrows and exact same arrow speed. You will have enough aimpoints on that hawke you wont need to mess around doing what I just explained anyway.

Let us know how that new scope performs.....it looks fun !

I should have specified the scope I was referring to its an excaliber not a hawke. On mine the top cross does not move if you change the speed dial......but the rest do.....to some extent. So when I am zero'd in at 20/30/40/50 yrds,if I want to take a longer shot (in my case 75 yrd) I turn the speed dial all the way down and the bottom cross is right on at that distance. This will not be your experience unless you have the exact same weight arrows and exact same arrow speed. You will have enough aimpoints on that hawke you wont need to mess around doing what I just explained anyway.

Let us know how that new scope performs.....it looks fun !
    Thanks. I'll be sure to post some pics and let y'all know how it works out. I hope to have it dialed in for the new turkey season this weekend.
    Excalibur Ibex

Here are a few pics of my scoped mounted. The scope is going to eventually be on my Scorpyd but I jut had to see it on a xbow.

That scope is a little stuby... To the point of being somewhat ugly! My xb30 looked a lot better, imo. I just hope it turns out to be a really good scope.

Quote Originally Posted by Redm2 View Post
    That scope is a little stuby... To the point of being somewhat ugly! My xb30 looked a lot better, imo. I just hope it turns out to be a really good scope.
    I though the same thing at first but it's about the same length as the hawke map scope I have, not sure how long the xb30 is

delete post

"That scope is a little stuby... To the point of being somewhat ugly!"

Thats what I was referring to in my previous post. After seeing it on spikes setup though, I think it looks sharp.

Going to give the non-illum version a go on my new SZ380. Ill post up some pics after I get it mounted.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast