a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1 week Skoal free.....

Hey NY911, good show. You know you got this licked. These are just the tough days to test your meddle. Prayers out for your continued success. Hang in there. Maybe a touch of nicotine gum. Takes care of any nicotine issues, and give the teeth some to stay busy with. Water increase will help flush the system easier too. Pulling for you! Shalom.

Quote Originally Posted by mooreski View Post
    I dip welfare bear. (Grizzly) Copenhagen use to be my fav, but because of cost I now choose Grizzly fine cut natural, and switch to the wintergreen pouches and stick with them for a while. My dentist actually told me, that if I would do the pouches and move them around, not putting in the same place all the time, my gums would actually heal themselves. He was right, and I will do them often and won't get the lip hangover.

Make no mistake in what I am saying here: I am not encouraging anyone to dip, or condoning the use of any tobacco product. I just enjoy it and won't quit beca
    Continue on your march to being tobacco free my friend.
    While your gums may heal to a degree he left out one important fact. Dipping will cause your gums to recede when the do they WILL NOT grow back. The soreness will recover however once your gums start receding they will stay that way. I quit dipping about 10 years ago, partly because I noticed it affecting my gums where I kept my dip. They still look exactly the same as when I quit. Matter of fact that area is the ONLY area that bleeds when I get my teeth cleaned.

I quit cold turkey about 8 years ago after getting a scary sore on my lip. Decided that was the day to stop and I haven't looked back. I'd be lying if I said I don't still crave it every now and then. Especially when driving on a long trip or when I'm stressed out. I know better than to buy a can or I'll be right back in the same boat I was in before. If I smell someone open a can of Skoal straight, my mouth starts watering, lol....but I know there is no physical addiction at this point. Stay strong and you will succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Fletch Helical View Post
    While your gums may heal to a degree he left out one important fact. Dipping will cause your gums to recede when the do they WILL NOT grow back. The soreness will recover however once your gums start receding they will stay that way. I quit dipping about 10 years ago, partly because I noticed it affecting my gums where I kept my dip. They still look exactly the same as when I quit. Matter of fact that area is the ONLY area that bleeds when I get my teeth cleaned.
    Agreed Fetch. He said the very same thing. My gums will still receed and show signs of dipping, however, the cancer risks are greatly reduced in this method. Like I said, I will NEVEFR condone dipping, or anything to do with tobacco. However, I have reduced a lot of things in my lifestyle, and I am not yet ready to kick this one yet.

Want to know more ? Have any questions, well, PM me. I'd be glad to tell you my story. Otherwise, I agree with what you are saying.
    "The good thing about being a pessimist is you're either always proven right, or pleasantly surprised.."

Quote Originally Posted by zipp View Post
    man after reading this thread i decided to quit day 2 and i want to stab something lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by NY911 View Post
    Stick with it! I am still dip free x 3 months....I would be lying if I said I didnt miss it, man I wanna chew something fierce! I loved it....and want one now! LOL....
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtdww504 View Post
    I'm on day six and the first days my coworkers were going to shank me
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinKansas View Post
    Way to man up....5 weeks tobacco free and 1 week new dad...our third kiddo. Stressfull but way worth it in the end.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
    Congrats to all of you!!!!! I quit smoking several times...once for 5 yrs. then started again. It's 10+yrs since my last one I still get cravings.....not as bad as when I quit, but still get them. Stick with and look at it as a life style change, like changing your diet to eat more healthy or starting an exercise program. Again Congrats on your accomplishments!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pulse76 View Post
    I quit cold turkey about 8 years ago after getting a scary sore on my lip. Decided that was the day to stop and I haven't looked back. I'd be lying if I said I don't still crave it every now and then. Especially when driving on a long trip or when I'm stressed out. I know better than to buy a can or I'll be right back in the same boat I was in before. If I smell someone open a can of Skoal straight, my mouth starts watering, lol....but I know there is no physical addiction at this point. Stay strong and you will succeed.
    I Jones for one every once in a while, especially when someone I know or work with pops one in. I tried one at some point after I quit for a while. Lip burned and to be honest I got a bit queasy. So I realized I don't miss the actual product itself as much as I just do the habit or act of. No BS I'm actually pretty impressed with that Jack Link's Jerky Chew I picked up gives me the feeling of dipping only without all the "this will likely kill you" feeling in the back of my mind.

Keep it up! You can get through it.

I somewhat know what its like to quit. I started last year and went through a half a tin before I decided this was stupid and threw the rest of the tin out. Not to mentioned the girl I liked at the time thought it was gross.
    Hoyt PowerHawk

If all else fails, you can do this. We all know someone who is kind of a jerk or an idiot. Maybe it's your boss or your brother in law of maybe it's just some guy selling newspapers on the street. Whoever it is, just walk up and punch him in the face.
    Hunting: 10% skill and 90% location.

Quote Originally Posted by mathews xt 600 View Post
    Take a tooth brush and toothpaste with you to work. Brushing your teeth helps take the edge off. Probably because a chew right after a toothbrush sucks. Good luck to ya!!!
    LOL, I used to throw a pinch of Skoal straight in right after brushing my teeth and using mouthwash. It was an easy way to get mint flavor every once in a while. Sometimes I would pack a breath mint in with the skoal too, just to change things up. I guess when I was going hardcore, nothing would have stopped me from dipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Fletch Helical View Post
    I Jones for one every once in a while, especially when someone I know or work with pops one in. I tried one at some point after I quit for a while. Lip burned and to be honest I got a bit queasy. So I realized I don't miss the actual product itself as much as I just do the habit or act of. No BS I'm actually pretty impressed with that Jack Link's Jerky Chew I picked up gives me the feeling of dipping only without all the "this will likely kill you" feeling in the back of my mind.
    Never tried the jerky, but it sounds like it might do the trick in a pinch (no pun intended)

Good way to keep motivated is to read up on the different carcinogens found in tobacco and look at a few pics of people who had mouth cancer and had to have part of there face removed. Hope this helps. It's not worth the health problems for a quick fix.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mathews DXT;

Elite Z28

Been 5 months now...still miss it.
    PSE Archery * Trophy Ridge * Rocket Aeroheads * Vortex Optics * The Buck Bomb * Under Armour * John's Custom Strings * DLC Covert Cameras

Quote Originally Posted by NY911 View Post
    Been 5 months now...still miss it.
    Good job ... keep it up.

Those cravings must be less than it used to be.

Yeah. I just miss it now...and hell - Skoal Mint Xtra was 7 bucks/can when I quit - higher now. last week in SC it was 2 and change! Amazing what NY taxes rthe crap out of!
    PSE Archery * Trophy Ridge * Rocket Aeroheads * Vortex Optics * The Buck Bomb * Under Armour * John's Custom Strings * DLC Covert Cameras

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12