Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HELP! Bowtech Insanity Limb Peeling

HELP! Bowtech Insanity Limb Peeling

I have a bowtech insanity and currently I am in the process of tuning my bow. So far everything is great except the topsheet on my limb cracked and peeled. I have put the bow in the bow press about twenty time and the way the bow is designed it hit my bow press on the limb. I did not over press the bow.
    Here is my question is the bow safe to shoot or should I call Bowtech and talk to them about this. The problem is only on the topsheet and doesn't go through to the RED part of the limb.

Thanks for your time any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

looks like wrong press to me ? not starting a fight i could be wrong . call bow-tech get limb replaced before you get hurt. not peeling coming apart .

Looks like you are pressing the bow in the wrong place, what kind of press are you using? The line looks to stright where the crack/splinter is, something has broken the laminate in a straight line there, like something was hit on it in shipping or from the press.

yep i am ready
    Quote Originally Posted by deafcon2 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by pa.hunter View Post
    yep i am ready
    prescription strength bowhunting.
    Minimum dose of 15 arrows a day. Doctors Orders!!
    }}}------------------->>>

That doesn't look limb peeling, just from the pics. That is a straight line and those don't typically occur "in nature". Bowtech might give you a hard time on that one.

Nice camo, first insanity I have seen in optifade open!
    2013 Hoyt spyder turbo, 70lbs black out
    Limbdriver Pro V, Tight spot quiver, Single pin Hogg Father, Fuse carbon blade.
    Spot Hogg Wiseguy release, Easton FMJ's

2013 pse omen max stormy hardwoods 60#
    Team whack'em and stack'em, aka "dookie soiled loincloth"

Is that a PSE evo or omen pro in the background?
    2013 Hoyt spyder turbo, 70lbs black out
    Limbdriver Pro V, Tight spot quiver, Single pin Hogg Father, Fuse carbon blade.
    Spot Hogg Wiseguy release, Easton FMJ's

2013 pse omen max stormy hardwoods 60#
    Team whack'em and stack'em, aka "dookie soiled loincloth"

I'd buy new limbs if I were you.
    Owner, Double Lung Archery Inc.
    LaPorte City Iowa
    Mathews - Mission- Hoyt -Elite and PSE, Infinito Safaris
    https://www.facebook.com/DoubleLungArcheryInc?ref=hl
    319-342-4550 dave@doublelungarcheryinc.com

That sux!!! Gonna be caused by improper press...

Only supposed to use a limb tip press on the newer Bowtech bows

the finish of the newer bowtech bows, have been known to chip and peel. i dont know if you pressed it wrong, i was not there...BUT, those bows require special press arms or special presses all togeather. i have an insanity, that i got used...two week old bow, and my limbs look like crap...but the warranty was not registered so i have new limbs coming from bowtech. it all depends on your dealer, and if you have the bow registered in your name, if not, and you know the person you got the bow from, see if they will take it in...my dealer got new limbs on the way less than five minutes after he called. DO NOT listen to all the bashers telling you bowtech customer service sucks, because bowtech ONLY deals with their dealers, NOT their customers...so if you have a good dealer, and that is NOT from you pressing your bow wrong, they should take care of you....
    i do know if i keep my insanity, and the new limbs peel, im gonna put rhino liner on em and shoot it till the limbs fall off~that does not look like simple limb chipping to me though

Technically there is no "wrong" press for the Insanity because Bowtech refuses to list approved presses on their site or in their owners manuals.

Quote Originally Posted by rutnstrut View Post
    Technically there is no "wrong" press for the Insanity because Bowtech refuses to list approved presses on their site or in their owners manuals.
    I thought only authorized bowtech dealers were allowed to service the bows?

Thats a crack, don't know how it happened because I wasn't there. It may just be a bad limb that broke. Peeling is just the paint lifting off and does not effect the function of the bow.

Quote Originally Posted by corey006 View Post
    I thought only authorized bowtech dealers were allowed to service the bows?
    Technically you are correct because in their waranty/owners manual they say to take it to your authorized dealer for strung changes and work. It does not say working on it yourself will void your waranty though. But these beyond paralel bows have to have a press that presses them right at the tips onr last 1 or 2 of the limb.

Quote Originally Posted by rutnstrut View Post
    Howdee rut, I know they list what presses to use for the Destroyers. I havent checked to see about the new models though.
    I cut my arrows twice and they're still too short.

You cannot hit what you cannot see.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter 58 View Post
    Howdee rut, I know they list what presses to use for the Destroyers. I havent checked to see about the new models though.
    For some reason they don't list any for the Invasion and Insanity.

The press should not touch the limb - only put pressure on the block on the outside of the bearning that was placed there specifically for limb tip pressing.
    Any press that is pressing below the cams against the limbs is going to cause damage.
    buckhollowsports.com

Gotta love backyard techs! Op should man up and buy the new limb, bowtech had nothing to do with his negligence!

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk
    2013 PSE BOWMADNESS 3G, TRUBALL BOSS X thumb release
    QAD HDX ULTRA REST, NAP APACHE STAB
    72# DW 29" DL, TROPHY RIDGE REACT ONE SIGHT
    28" EASTON DA TORCH 330 arrows
    100 grain broadheads, total arrow weight 370 gr

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter 58 View Post
    My Destroyer manual does not list any presses. Tried finding, where did they list them? As far as the insanity and invasion I know you need to press right on or at the blocks.

Well i work at the bowtech dealer and imay have messed my main concern was whether or not it was safe to shoot. After allthis im not going to and im just going to order new limbs. Just to clarify i know i f@#%#d up. So im just going to order new limbs monday.

And the press is a ez press. So i know im going to pay for it but s@#t happens. Unfortunately mine is expensive

Sorry, definately would not shoot the bow till new limbs were on it.

Well thanks for the info. My first bow shoulda know i was going to mess it up somehow. Oh well

The very first thing you should have done was take it to your dealer and let him/her take care of it with Bowtech. Not get on here and ask for help. Your dealer can get in touch with Bowtech and they will decide if it's a warranty item or not. Most likely Bowtech will take care of it so, get it to your dealer asap before something happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elkhunter22 View Post
    I have a bowtech insanity and currently I am in the process of tuning my bow. So far everything is great except the topsheet on my limb cracked and peeled. I have put the bow in the bow press about twenty time and the way the bow is designed it hit my bow press on the limb. I did not over press the bow.
    Here is my question is the bow safe to shoot or should I call Bowtech and talk to them about this. The problem is only on the topsheet and doesn't go through to the RED part of the limb.

Thanks for your time any help would be greatly appreciated.
    BowTech Pro Staff, JBK Pro Staff, AAE Field Staff, Black Eagle Pro Staff. 2012 Insanity CPX, B Stinger Stabilizer, CBE TEK Hunter Pro Sight .AAE Pro Drop rest,. Stan shootoff release and Black Eagle Carnivores. 2012 Specailist with Sure Loc Supreme Sights, AAE Freakshow, and Black Eagle Magnums.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast