Thread: Anyone know anything about Cigars????

Anyone know anything about Cigars????

I bought a house that came with everything ie. JUNK... This house had so much crap in it I have spent 3 full weekends hualing it out. Well, a couple nights ago, I found an interesting item.

An un opened, sealed, cigar box with habana on it and on the back, it says made in havana, cuba. I can post pics later(have to take some pics first), but on the box it says Jacks Tabacos Esquisitos FLORA FINA. Any thought on them? The pic has a bird holding two coins and two shields?

I will post pics after my class(in college) and see if it helps.

Also if this thread is in the wrong place, tell me and I will move it.

Thanks, Penn.
    PSE Evo 28.5" 65lbs, Beman ICS Hunter 400, G5 T3 100g .....YEP.....
    Mathews DXT 28.5" 65lbs, Beman ICS Hunter 400, G5 Striker 100g

Is it a wooden box? Wooden cigar boxes are kinda cool but there not worth much. A sealed box with cigars might be a collectable to somebody? Havana made cigars haven't been legal to import for decades (I think?). That might boost their worth but might cause "other" problems. just sayin'

http://www.stevescigarscollection.info/flor-fina-cigar/

http://caratprincess.info/flor-fina/

Yo ho yo ho, a pirate's life for me
    We pillage and plunder, we rifle and loot
    Drink up me 'earties, yo ho
    We kidnap and ravage and don't give a hoot

Silver Pine- It is a wooden box, sealed never opened. The house has been vacant for atleast 20 years. I just thought this was a cool find. Also found some old 1960's and up PA hunting licenses with the regulations books. Things that I will never use, but are neat to find info on them... Thanks for the info provided too

I think I will throw them away if they are anything with trouble. Didnt know they were illegal, if they are habana

Quote Originally Posted by PennArcher88 View Post
    Silver Pine- It is a wooden box, sealed never opened. The house has been vacant for atleast 20 years. I just thought this was a cool find. Also found some old 1960's and up PA hunting licenses with the regulations books. Things that I will never use, but are neat to find info on them... Thanks for the info provided too
    If those are pre 1962 embargo, they're legal to own.

You could ask someone at a "fine cigar" store in your area. Or any area. It's just a phone call and the bigger the store (cigar store not a Walmart-type store) the better chance of talking to a knowledgable person.

My "fine cigar" smoking neighbor tells me that pre-embargo Cuban cigars can fetch $30 a "stick" (ie single cigar) IF they've been properly stored all this time.

Yo ho yo ho, a pirate's life for me
    We pillage and plunder, we rifle and loot
    We kidnap and ravage and don't give a hoot

Worth really depends on how well the cigars were maintained, i.e. in a humidor at appropriate levels of moisture and temperature. Assuming they were not, you probably have a nice box that may be collectable if in good condition.

Now, if the cigars turn out to be good, well you just might have something. Research first before walking into a cigar shop. I have rarely found shops with very knowledgeable tobacconist.

Just like archery, know before you go.

Sounds like a cool find, post pics...

There isn't a date anywhere on this box... Or atleast I cant find it. The front of the box has a parrot with its wings stretched open holding two bronze coins and two shields below its wings. Then the seal has a man and woman indian looking at a crown. There is a box that says la Matilde de Morales Habana between the indians. Neptune 56 is also on the cigar box front in the lower left hand corner. I think they are petit corona's, which I am guessing they are smaller???? Atleast thats what it says on the side.

Again, thanks Silver Pine for all the info and input. I will be contacting a few shops around, there are none close where I live, but hopefully a phone call can clear some things up.

Penn, im sure there dried out, but without seeing them its hard to see the condition of the cigars. If they were sealed, there is a way to revive them. It will be a slow process, but it can be done. Im currently reviving some 6 year old Cohibas for a friend of mine, and it's looking good. If you want to give it a shot, ill post directions on how to recondition them for ya.

genghiscarl- I would love to try to revive them, but I havent found a date on them yet, if i find it, and they are pre ban then I will revive them, but if not, I dont want to get in trouble with them.... I wouldnt mind knowing how to revive them if you dont mind posting or pm me with directions.

The only way you can really get in trouble with them is if you imported them, which you did not. Its still very possible to get Cuban's in the USA if you buy them in a country where they are legal and they will ship them to you here. Its common to get them out of Spain. You wont see them for sale at your local shop but folks buy them all the time The most anyone gets is a letter from customs saying they have something that you have to proof that the cigars are NOT from Cuba. If you don't respond they destroy the cigars and you hear nothing further.
    Jesus saves!

Mathews Z7 Magnum, Maitland Zeus, Darton DS-4500, Martin Cougar, Bear First Strike!