a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Thoughts on where to put limb savers

Thoughts on where to put limb savers

I was surfing ebay when I saw a picture of a bow with an interesting twist on the limb saver location. The bow was a solid limb Hoyt. The limb savers where for split limbs. They had taken the buttons off the limb forks and installed the limb savers in the hole. The rubber part of the limb saver was on the outside of the limb rather than the inside.

It started me thinking about an Oasis that I have that needed some limb savers. I robbed a set off a split limb bow for the experiment. They fit really nice in the hole that is already in the limb. The cable would hit the washer that was on the inside of the limb. I dug around in my treasures and found some old limb buttons from a york that had a washer with a cut out for the cable to clear. So far it seams to be working well. I'll get some cronograph readings tonight to see what affect it had to put them so close to the wheel.

I can't decide in my head if having the limb savers that close to the fork of the limb is helping or hurting what I consider to be the weakest part of the limb.

Any thoughts?

Dan

Putting the limbsavers in the button holes reduces the speed 2-3 fps. It's been a long time since I checked the speed when adding normal limbsavers but I don't remember them reducing speed at all. The noise level went way down as expected.

In conclusion, if you have to buy limbsavers for a solid limb bow get the sticky pad ones.

dan

Interesting. Never even thought of trying that.

Most religions teach that you earn salvation by keeping rules. Jesus didn't teach that "good people" go to heaven. He taught that "forgiven people" go to heaven. And He invited everyone, no matter what their past, to come to Him and be forgiven.