Thread: Rage or Swhacker?

Rage or Swhacker?

In your opinion what would you choose for deer hunting the 100 grain 2 blade rage 2" cut or the 100 grain 2 blade 2" cut Swhacker?
    Forget about speed. IF you can't control the speed you only miss faster.

Rage always used no problems and super accurate. idk where the dumb claims for failure come from. mostly people who have never used them
    ATHENS ACC 34CORN FED STAFFSPOT HOGGRAGE

oh boy, here we go again. Wheres the rage fanboys?

"If you are 20, and not a liberal, you have no heart. If you are 40, and not conservative, you have no brain." -Winston Churchill

Gen. 21:20- "And God was with the lad; and he grew, and dwelt in the wilderness, and became an archer."

Got to like Swackers b/c of Hank!

PSE EVO 60 lbs.
    Blacked out

i jus bought some rage seem to hild up to there rep.

Rockets....sorry man!!! I will shoot rockets bh for life!!
    Proudly KILLING whitetail deer...trail camera free, without scent containment clothing and with the use of mechanical broad heads since 1993!!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/buckchasers?ref=hl
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Man View Post
    I'm going to Africa this year, and I want to kill one. Just because I can, and I get off on killing things.

Both sound great, because of that, I'm trying Ramcats.

I'm going to build an arrow that has two tips and run one of each.

If you hit a deer where you are supposed to it doesn't matter what head you use. Buy the one that you can get the best price on, and concentrate on improving your skill instead minor nuances of your gear selection.
    “In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” –Theodore Roosevelt

2010 Monster 7.0, 72#~31"dl - 1960 Kodiak 64", 42# - 2014 RER Vortex II 64", 35#

schwacker performs much better than rage on every broadhead test I have read or seen on tv

Really! Who's paying to have them reviewed on tv and in print? That's right the manufacturer, same goes for the Rage also. The only advantage I can see to the schwacker is that you don't need o-rings.
    “In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” –Theodore Roosevelt

2010 Monster 7.0, 72#~31"dl - 1960 Kodiak 64", 42# - 2014 RER Vortex II 64", 35#

I have shot both and both are very accurate, both are very devasting, one thing i like about the swacker is the angle shot deployment.
    and instead of watching the videos, try 3 of each at different yardage and try the plywood angle test, hell shoot them into whatever you think might test them to the max.
    you owe to yourself and the game.
    PSE Dominator pro MAX black
    PSE Dominator pro 3D MAX red
    PSE Evo black skulls camo
    Bee Stinger premier,Truball,Victory,CBE

still need the yellow rubberbands
    PSE Dominator pro MAX black
    PSE Dominator pro 3D MAX red
    PSE Evo black skulls camo
    Bee Stinger premier,Truball,Victory,CBE

I like the holes that Rages make but hate the way they open up with the slightest vibration so Im going to try the NAP Killzone.

KillZone%20open[1].jpg
    "I don't like REPEAT offenders, I like dead offenders" - Ted Nugent
    "We must reject the idea that everytime a law is broken that society is guilty rather than the law breaker" - Pres. Reagan
    "To say that guns kill people is like saying that the fork made Rosie O'Donnell fat!" - Woodmaster

I'm going to buy both and shoot them into ballistic gel to see which performs better.

I Have had 100% Perfect Shootin with my Rage 2 Blade Broadheads(100 Gr)i am a Rage fan because of what i have done with them and what my father has done with them,I Dont need somebody telling me to shoot them.I Also like Slick Tricks and just bought 6 Ramcats.
    "I met him fifteen years ago. I was told there was nothing left. No reason,no,uh,conscience,no understanding and even the most rudimentary sense of life or death,of good or evil,right or wrong. I met this six year old child with this blank,pale,emotionless face,and the blackest eyes,the devil's eyes. I spent eight years trying to reach him and then another seven trying to keep him locked up because I realized that what was living behind that boy's eyes was purely and simply evil"...

After doing a lot of testing last year the Swhacker actually performed very well IMO. I did test the 2.25" cut 125's though. The blades where stronger and sharper than the Rage I tested and they held up better as well. I never liked Rages o-ring either. The one I would look at is the new NAP Killzones. They look like they took all the problems with rage and fixed them.

There's nothing wrong with a swhacker the only expandable broadhead I will use.

Both are good heads and have their goods and bads. The Swhacker obviously cuts a somewhat smaller hole for the entrance...most of mine this year were around 1.5" which is not really that small when you are talking actual cut. The thing I like about the Swhacker is that it's almost like a reverse Rage. With a Rage sometimes they close a little after they get inside the animal and your exit might not be the full 2"...for me I would rather have a full size exit hole then entrance hole. All of my exit holes with the Swhacker this past season were AT LEAST the advertised 2.25". At the end of the day I wouldn't hesitate to shoot either one of them.

"Let me ask you something, does your mother sew? BOOM. Get her to sew that!"

I shot the Swhacker 2" 100gr. and the head performed well. However, I had issues with it. For one If you pull out and push into the quiver the same arrow it tends to stretch the shrink wrap which led to blades rattling. Secondly, the entrance holes sucked. People that say well it has the same size as some fixed heads don't consider that the 1"+ is a super tiny sliver and NOT a 3 or 4 blade 1" hole that if by chance there were not a pass through it would leave hardly a trace of blood if any. Especially, if you consider that a non pass through may still have the arrow inside the tiny sliver plugging it up. I am no longer shooting them because I lost confidence in them assuming the worst case scenarios in my mind. While I am not suggesting Rage, nor putting it down, I am definitely not suggesting the Swhacker.

I will suggest looking into the NAP killzone because as soon as the Swhacker twisted off the Spitfire twisted on. The advantage I noticed immediately was the positive retention of the blades without any type of bands. After hitting a buck with one I absolutely love the super fast deployment as opposed the the Swhacker type deploymment which happens after entering the animal. The entrance an exit matched like a fixed blade but with much larger diameter. The reason I like the instant deployment is because in a worst case scenario, a non pass through, a large enough entrance wound will still bleed and expire the animal faster then one that doesn't. Shot placement is important but we as humans are imperfect so worst case scenario is better criteria for your decision which is why again I say NOT the Swhacker. I personally am waiting for the G5 Havoc which is said to come to stores in August. My only reason for the Havoc over the Killzone is because the Havoc comes in 125gr and the NAP Killzone does not. Otherwise, I would more than likely already have on order the killzones.

rage

Hoyt Maxxis 31
    easton axis N-fused 340 camo rage 3 blade

That Killzone looks pretty good, I think I'm gonna have to give that a try.

Anyone know where I can buy the killzone?

I havent seen that kill zone in person yet either. Do not know what it looks like closed. Gonna check NAP see if they have video up

I looked them over at the Kinsey dealer show and they look very promising IMO. Very solid head and the blade retention seems good. Blades are super sharp as well. They have two style tips but I like the trocar style better...

Anyone know where to get them other than the nap website?