Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seaway challenge first leg grenville fish and game club

Seaway challenge first leg grenville fish and game club

Just around the corner Seaway Challenge opener hosted by Grenville fish and game club. April 15th, 8:00AM random start.

Talking seaway

yup...me and the big kids will be there,,along with some new faces we shot inside with this year.

Great course set up with great people..

Andy

Shoot the bow and let the bow shoot the arrow
    Nuge Strings Pro Staff...LOL
    PSE DNA
    PSE SLUGINATOR 3D
    CBE sights

Let's just hope the rain forecast is wrong. Shot Napanee last year in a driving rainstorm, 40 below and 100 MPH winds, ain't playing that game anymore. Only thing that was more fun than that was setting my hair on fire and beating it out with a stick.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding on what to have for lunch, Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."

oh so thats what happened to you bobby...lol lol can`t wait first out door ya hoooo.... we`ll be there weather permitting..

Quote Originally Posted by peregrine82 View Post
    Let's just hope the rain forecast is wrong. Shot Napanee last year in a driving rainstorm, 40 below and 100 MPH winds, ain't playing that game anymore. Only thing that was more fun than that was setting my hair on fire and beating it out with a stick.
    I remember that one Bobby. After watching Danny shoot at the 40 yard elk and hit him in the hind quarters it makes you think (why). Took me a week to dry out lol.

CK it was a caribou and it was about 42.5 yrds.It was cold and windy.

But it was still fun...wet or not, going to be there
    Shoot the bow and let the bow shoot the arrow
    Nuge Strings Pro Staff...LOL
    PSE DNA
    PSE SLUGINATOR 3D
    CBE sights

How's the course, rubber boots again?
    Hoyt Vantage Elite Plus Spiral X CAM & 1/2

hopefully two starting stages and not one where it took forever to start your round like last year hopefully looked into

Quote Originally Posted by crkelly View Post
    I remember that one Bobby. After watching Danny shoot at the 40 yard elk and hit him in the hind quarters it makes you think (why). Took me a week to dry out lol.
    At least he hit it Charles, I got hit with a gust of wind and I think my arrow is still in the air. Forecast is looking better lets keep our fingers crossed. I plan on coming down with at least 4 others. I guess Dan gets to dress in red and white, just not "the" red and white.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding on what to have for lunch, Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."

Yup backup at target one was a hour and half before you started out and then slow going... 2 loops of 20 and end up at club house for lunch easier and food prep is easier as well..then start out again much better....... if you end up in the bush for lunch then you can`t work your way back on the second loop as people still coming out and you would cross paths ..complete kaos.. just a thought... hope executive is listening .. thanks peter for the idea...

We dont have two loops of 20 we have one loop of 40. No matter how we do it people are going to be waiting at some point.Shotgun start leaves people all over the course for lunch.My suggestion is get there early and be done by noon. I will take the first start time 7:30. If we run two legs ending in the middle for lunch no one would be able to start their second half before everyone was done their first. If we number the targets like this 1,20,2,19,3,18,4,17,5.... and did two legs returning to the club house for lunch would mean twice the walking for you Ted.Open to suggestions. for those that havent been to the course it is shaped in a big U with lunch area in the middle and start and finish at the club house. I am just a messenger and will forward good ideas to the proper people.Paul

Paul as you asked..... my suggestion is as posted 2 loops of 20 and end each loop at club house for lunch and when you send teams out stagger them to either a then b course so you have twice the number of teams on the courses at the beginning for the same time.. I think this club did have a 2 loop course and we ate lunch at club house before..If I remember correctly...I mention this only because of the large number of shooters for this series which is a GOOD THING ...for archery.. 140 plus... lunch at the club house makes prep easier and alot less work and not running out of food and drinks as you don`t have to send atv to get it its there in fridge.. KISS method....lol lol

Got to go with Ted and Peter on this one. What if you were to start an A and B course in the centre of the field across from the club house. One swings right the other left and meets for lunch at the same place. Just my two cents guy's. Great shoot in any case.

See what i can do will relay the info on to Angel. Sounds o.k to me just wont be able to start your second half untill everyone has finished their first half what should be the cut off time for starting your first half?

I sent the eamil to Angel think it should work out fine. Start in the field and run two seperate courses A and B. targets will be labeled on the right of the trail 1-10 and on the left of the trail 11-20. so basically you will skip every second target and shoot it on your way back to the clubhouse for lunch.basically two seperate loops.It should really help with wait times.Will let everyone know how it turns out. I will also try to walk the course tommorow to check things out. I am sure that rubber boots will be needed.

Gonna be a busy lunch for lee
    Jmho

Personely I think the grenville shot is not as prone to delays as some of the other shoots in the challenge
    If u run two sides I think there will be to large of a delay to start the second side
    If u have people that have started late

Tink
    Last edited by hotwheels; April 8th, 2012 at 08:58 AM. Reason: More info
    Proud Supporter Of Nuge Strings
    Does it have a string and fling arrows I'll try it!!

I think most of the clubs can run a shoot with very little setbacks and Grenville is certainly no exception. Some of the clubs have been overwhelmed with the amount of shooters from the Seaway Challenge and it has lead to some time issues. Myself I would rather do some walking for 10 or 15 minutes than wait for an hour and a half. In the long run i will go with the flow. I also give credit to the club and it's members for their willingness to experiment with other options. Still a great club and look forward to the shoot.

I havent got the go ahead yet. But as I see it there should not be delays starting your second round as everyone should be well beyond target one on both legs by the time the first guys are done eating lunch.All we can do is try it.I did not get a chance to walk the course today but would recommend rubber boots for sure.

Just a few days away can`t wait anybody want to get my arrows then I only need short boots lol lol randy be nice now...lol lol

hey paul can I bring my atv if I have to walk full course twice ... just a thought from an old man??????

Old man!!!!! Age is just a number sonny. Btw, the weather forecast is getting better and better, 20 degrees and very light rain if any. If it holds up will be leaving at 5:15, hopefully arrive 8:30.

Bobby I`m so old now I don`t even buy green bananas lol lol

Could somebody inform me where is the place exactly. I would try to go, i am from Montreal.
    A 10X in a 3-D deer it's fabulous, but in a real deer it's fantastic.

Darkhorse Archery, VaneTec, Staff Shooter

www.everyoneweb.fr/arcchassefeuxjacquesseguin

I just find it on Internet and it's to fare......... 2.30 h. traveling
    A 10X in a 3-D deer it's fabulous, but in a real deer it's fantastic.

Darkhorse Archery, VaneTec, Staff Shooter

www.everyoneweb.fr/arcchassefeuxjacquesseguin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast