a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Hunting Mature Whitetails the Lakosky Way:

Book Hunting Mature Whitetails the Lakosky Way:

I saw this posted in the Classified Ads. I wonder how long of a book it is. I imagine it says:

Buy enormous tracts of the best whitetail ground in America. Hang stands given to you buy sponsors. Kill giant deer.

I bet it's a good read though.

LOL, not bashing just them, I'm just completely jealous of them.

He has made a nice life for him self.

You forgot to mention MLB players and country superstars buying land for him to manage...LOL
    "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference....Marines dont have that problem." Ronald Reagan
    09 PSE GX6, Sword sight, Limbdriver Pro, Doinker, Easton epicnfused, Muzzy Broadheads
    Deerview Mirror Prostaff

It actually is a very good read, and I would bet there would be a lot less bashing of them by our forum members if they had read it.

PREDATOR FALL GREY HOYT ALPHABURNER, QAD Ultra HD Pro Series , MBG ALL-GREEN Custom 5 pin Ascent, HOYT Arrow Rack 1 piece Quiver, DOINKER TACTICAL, YETI side plates, Bling Sling, Easton FMJ, Blazers, GRIM REAPERS/RAGE HYPODERMICS, Carter RX2
    COME NOVEMBER...

I would love to see a hunting Show where all these " professionals " hunted pressured public land like the majority of the working class American.

I bet they'd save a ton on taxidermy bills lol
    Last edited by Sluggersetta901; April 5th, 2012 at 07:23 PM. Reason: Typo
    100% certified Beak Freak...

At least you're honest..

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggersetta901 View Post
    I would love to see a hunting Show where all these " professionals " hunted pressured public land like the majority of the working class American.

I think Lee killed a 150+ on public land in Minnesota.

Quote Originally Posted by Bgargasz View Post
    I think Lee killed a 150+ on public land in Minnesota.
    How old is Lee and how many deer a year are you allowed in Minnesota? Here is 4 bucks a year.So he would have to have hunted for atleast 35 years to harvest that many around here.I didn't think he was that old.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckatuk View Post
    How old is Lee and how many deer a year are you allowed in Minnesota? Here is 4 bucks a year.So he would have to have hunted for atleast 35 years to harvest that many around here.I didn't think he was that old.
    I believe he meant that Lee killed a (ie one) 150" buck on public land in MN.

Now that that's cleared up, lets get back to the Lakosky hating. How dare they work hard, achieve success and hunt for a living! Its an outrage!

Quote Originally Posted by chuckatuk View Post
    1 deer 150".... not 150 deer..hahaha
    55#/28.5"/Blacked out D340/Blk Octane hunter/LD Pro/Blk Tight Spot/Axcel Pro 5pin/ Axis 340s/Steelhead 125s = Deadly
    "Why we hunt is more important than when, where, or how" - Gene Wensel
    2014-15 AT deer contest Team Tall Tines

Read it and thought it was a good book..

If a person succeeds and my life sucks lets bash and hate him for it!

Yea 150"+ sorry I really didnt think people would think he killed 150 deer

Quote Originally Posted by ILLbucknut View Post
    1 deer 150".... not 150 deer..hahaha
    Got ya..lol I was thinking I would move to Minnesota.lol Both know how to kill deer and have done great for themselves and promoted hunting in a positive way.Both are great for hunting.

If I wrote a book called "killing mediocre bucks on crappy properties" and every AT member and all their hunting buddies would buy one or two copies each...then I could afford to write a more interesting sequel after a few years.

The Lakoskys seem to have done well for themselves and have a pretty good thing going, good for them. It took time, effort, and skill to get there, so we could all probably learn a thing or two from them.

you can do it year in and year out if you know what your doing and put in the work. I can not give a websites name on here as it is not allowed, but it you want to learn a different and proven tactic to kill mature bucks on public land. google "Dan Infalt"

Back to the book...any good pics of Tiff? Must admit, I find her smoking' hot. But that's just me
    Mathews Drenalin, Limb driver rest, Flashpoint Solaris sight, Vapor Trail strings, Gold tip 5575, Snuffers + Buzzcuts

Quote Originally Posted by crawdad View Post
    Back to the book...any good pics of Tiff? Must admit, I find her smoking' hot. But that's just me
    She might be good looking, but far from "smoking hot"
    55#/28.5"/Blacked out D340/Blk Octane hunter/LD Pro/Blk Tight Spot/Axcel Pro 5pin/ Axis 340s/Steelhead 125s = Deadly
    "Why we hunt is more important than when, where, or how" - Gene Wensel
    2014-15 AT deer contest Team Tall Tines

You left out putting a trail cam every 50 yards w/ satellite up links....

Im a working class man and i'm not wasting my time hunting public land? I spend a ton of time and money (effort) on hunting and it pays off! Then i get to hear people *#&$% that its not fair when i or the people around me kill big deer. Guess what... you get what you put into it. Also i know everyone is different but i for one don't want to watch a hunting show that hunts only "state ground" with fork horns and 115" 8 pointers getting killed and the simple fact that those shows don't really exist means i'm not the only one.

Quote Originally Posted by crawdad View Post
    I find she has a really big head for her body...and she is a blonde.... Which is never good...
    Id turned into a (expletive) liberal, a half-assed, no-logic nitwit, all heart, no brain, and the judgment of a jack rabbit."
    -Marcus Luttrell

Quote Originally Posted by JC-XT View Post
    If I wrote a book called "killing mediocre bucks on crappy properties" and every AT member and all their hunting buddies would buy one or two copies each...then I could afford to write a more interesting sequel after a few years.

The Lakoskys seem to have done well for themselves and have a pretty good thing going, good for them. It took time, effort, and skill to get there, so we could all probably learn a thing or two from them.
    Hunting big tracts of prime private property in Iowa, Kansas, Illinois. Check!
    Planting Acres upon Acres Food Plots. Check!
    Having 1000 Trail Cameras. Check!
    Having 365 1/4 days a year to dedicate to killing a mature buck. Check!

The list goes on.

I really dislike how hunting is portrayed on most TV shows. You must either be able to complete above check list and if you can't, just save your money and go to "insert name here" outfitter or ranch and you too can harvest a 140'' buck for $x,xxx. Just be sure and go buy our newest deer call or use this new scent eliminating product or you won't have a chance. Blah, blah, blah.

And people call these salesmen great stewards of our sport?

Killing mature bucks doesn't take what the industry wants you to buy into. Common sense, strategic scouting plans, pouring over maps until your eyes cross, finding bedding areas/travel corridors, perfect stand site locating and prepping, obsessing over your entry and exit routes, hunting the right stands during the right rut phase, using wind and thermals to your advantage. Last but not least, time on stand is what kills mature bucks.

A mature buck (3.5 yrs.) no matter where you hunt is a trophy to me. Some areas your average 3.5 might score 130-140 and others it might push 160. Age structure of bucks killed always impresses me vs. genetics and nutrition.
    Evo 7 UF Xrcist

I doubt they have 1000 cameras lol

Come hunt where I hunt and see how easy a 3.5 is to kill...lol.
    Evo 7 UF Xrcist

I haven't read the book but am planning to.

Side note, Lee and Tiff are both members here do watch the comments. Just a friendly reminder before its too late.
    2014 Hoyt Faktor 34 - Get Serious
    Spot Hogg - World's Toughest
    Doinker - World's #1 Stabilizer
    Easton Archery - Easton ACC 3-71

I'll say this, they have had some great success...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast