a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Christian Group Takes Issue with Anti-Bullying Laws

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhooder3 View Post
    first of all, neither one is the "man" or the "woman" both are the same sex, that is the entire point.

depending on the couple yes i think it is an imperative. some couples have issues, some don't, same as straight people. and considering the 50% divorce rate, not many straights do either.

and how in the hell are we not honoring your union? if a gay couple is able to get married how does that efcect yours in the slightest?
    Ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by MoBo Act 4:12 View Post
    Killed or not killed, funny or not funny,........that is the nature of our association. And it ain't my fault.
    Tree Huggin Hippie who hunts elk with a bow and appreciates a good dark beer. An enigma walking.
    Oh, and I'm not a dude. A

i'm talking about the attitude in todays society due mainly to your sides mentality.
    Robin, when I was not on Ratt's side, when I was non religious, a non-believer, when I was a Navy brat listening to the adults talk, when I was in the Army surrounded by non-believers of several branches -I saw more hatred for you & your side than I've ever seen from the religious side. My current side, has more compassion for you than your side ever has or will have.

I've noticed that you failed to engage Buster.
    It would be interesting to put on the old arguments. I could be convinced to play devils advocate for a bit.
    Walk Your Talk

Quote Originally Posted by ZenBubba View Post
    that seems to be what lower crime rates would imply. and also its not just china, there are other godless nations that do just fine.
    Human rights abuses in China are quite high. You must know very little about China if that is your example.
    As they are in several Godless countries. Look into sex trafficking, child labor, forced labor & cast systems. Humans have no rights Zen, that's why it's about crime rates(which isn't logical either). Sex trafficking for example isn't really a crime, nor is subjugation, there are no unalienable rights; not if we are products of molecule to man evolution. Not if we are simply animals. Not if I am my highest authority. Not if there are no absolutes.

my ex and i both had girlfriends before and i mean yea it was ok but not the same. it's the same exact level of love between same sex couples. i was equally hurt by both however but the principle is the same.
    So it is a choice then? You are making a choice in which sex you will be with as sexuality is "fluid".?. At least in your case.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntin4Elk View Post
    It's okay Robin...they know not what they really do....because it's the Bible that controls their thought process on the whole subject. As long as they hold dear to their Bible, they will always discriminate against homosexuality. Sad...but true my friend.
    Actually I know exactly what I really do, yes I refuse to accept homosexuality as normal. Is that a crime? The bible doesn't control my thoughts or my thought process. I control them, me, jeff & that IS biblical. You make no attempt to dig into a biblical belief system/worldview. Your post runs completely counter to your other thread.
    The other side refuses to accept my position, a position proven via evolutionary & sociological disciplines btw.
    I've yet to see an opt out form for "straight is great" teaching, isn't that discrimination?
    Walk Your Talk

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...ef=mostpopular

A gay Iowa teen has taken his own life after friends and family say that classmates sent him death threats on his cell phone and made him the subject of a Facebook hate group.
    So sad....watching that video brought a tear to my eye.
    Tree Huggin Hippie who hunts elk with a bow and appreciates a good dark beer. An enigma walking.

Quote Originally Posted by cobowhntr View Post
    As they are in several Godless countries. Look into sex trafficking, child labor, forced labor & cast systems. Humans have no rights Zen, that's why it's about crime rates(which isn't logical either). Sex trafficking for example isn't really a crime, nor is subjugation, there are no unalienable rights; not if we are products of molecule to man evolution. Not if we are simply animals. Not if I am my highest authority. Not if there are no absolutes.

So it is a choice then? You are making a choice in which sex you will be with as sexuality is "fluid".?. At least in your case.

Actually I know exactly what I really do, yes I refuse to accept homosexuality as normal. Is that a crime? The bible doesn't control my thoughts or my thought process. I control them, me, jeff & that IS biblical. You make no attempt to dig into a biblical belief system/worldview. Your post runs completely counter to your other thread.
    The other side refuses to accept my position, a position proven via evolutionary & sociological disciplines btw.
    I've yet to see an opt out form for "straight is great" teaching, isn't that discrimination?
    wow, so you honestly belive that a country has to be Christian in order to do well? that is demonstrably false. also i'm sorry but its not contestable that we are animals, we fit every last criteria. and no, it's not a choice, feelings change, people change. most closet gays have girlfriends at first simply cause they feel like society says they have to and haven't come to grips yet with feelings. and also, there is so much more to relationships than popping out babies so to try and use that one criteria to judge what's "normal" or not i think that's very bias.

Robin, when I was not on Ratt's side, when I was non religious, a non-believer, when I was a Navy brat listening to the adults talk, when I was in the Army surrounded by non-believers of several branches -I saw more hatred for you & your side than I've ever seen from the religious side. My current side, has more compassion for you than your side ever has or will have.

I've noticed that you failed to engage Buster.
    It would be interesting to put on the old arguments. I could be convinced to play devils advocate for a bit.
    i'm sorry but my experience has been the exact opposite, it was always the religious using the Bible as an excuse and statistically, that holds true most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by rattus58 View Post
    Hahahaha... now you're losing it Robin.... Let's back up shall we. Marriage had been between man and woman. PERIOD. Homosexuality is between same sexes. PERIOD. Do you have a problem with culture and tradition Robin?
    Good grief, Rattus, you don't own marriage. It doesn't diminish you or ***your*** marriage if Robin gets to marry a dude he loves any more than interracial marriages do. And racists used the exact same arguments you are using to say that people of different races shouldn't be allowed to marry.

Meanwhile, I don't think you really ought to argue Christian tradition if you want your way. Christian tradition, the genesis of Christianity, is based on incest (the only way you can breed the entire population of the earth from just two people). Further, the marriage traditions in the bible include polygamy and concubines on the side, marrying the wife who cuckolded you had had a baby by another father, stoning non-virginal brides to death on their father's doorstep, a duty to impregnate one's brother's wife if the brother dies... Sorry Rattus, but two dudes getting married is **way** more moral than Christian tradition.
    <evidence><
    ..../............\.......
    Hoyt GM OR - Adcock ACS LB - Bickerstaffe ELB - USA Archery Level 2

"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand, wrong answers.” HL Mencken

My current side, has more compassion for you than your side ever has or will have.
    CoBo, that isn't even true in this thread, let alone nation wide.

But, show us your superior compassion for RH. Say you support his right to marry any concenting adult of his choice, and have **all** the same legal benefits opposite sex couples do. Say anything else and your credibility on the superior compassion of Christians to RH is just so much more bunk.
    <evidence><

Quote Originally Posted by ZenBubba View Post
    I believe the level of love is equal and valid. I believe you should be able to join in a civil union.

The nature of a same sex marriage is different isn't it? Is it appropriate to ask which one is the bride and which one is the groom? I don't think that it is.

Is the monogamous imperative the same to a same sex couple? I don't think it is, do you?

Can the archetype of your marriage and my marriage be similar but not identical?

Is it completely fair to ask me to honor your union when you aren't honoring mine?

That is one of the best arguments for civil union over marriage that I've seen......

Fair and Balanced with a splash of Sarcasm, and pinch of Reason

Life is about balance. Be kind, but don't let people abuse you. Trust, but don't be deceived. Be content, but never stop improving yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Warbow View Post
    Good grief, Rattus, you don't own marriage. It doesn't diminish you or ***your*** marriage if Robin gets to marry a dude he loves any more than interracial marriages do. And racists used the exact same arguments you are using to say that people of different races shouldn't be allowed to marry.

Meanwhile, I don't think you really ought to argue Christian tradition if you want your way. Christian tradition, the genesis of Christianity, is based on incest (the only way you can breed the entire population of the earth from just two people). Further, the marriage traditions in the bible include polygamy and concubines on the side, marrying the wife who cuckolded you had had a baby by another father, stoning non-virginal brides to death on their father's doorstep, a duty to impregnate one's brother's wife if the brother dies... Sorry Rattus, but two dudes getting married is **way** more moral than Christian tradition.
    Post of the day!!

What do you think Stics? You alway do these post of the day thingies...

No I don't OWN Marriage and neither to Homosexuals. Tradition and custom is what society is glued together with warbow and Gay Marriage is just another erosion of societal value. And I understand that... Gays and Homosexuals are embarrased by being different, so much so, that they cannot celebrate their differences and have to FORCE their way into society.

No I don't OWN Marriage and neither to Homosexuals. Tradition and custom is what society is glued together with warbow and Gay Marriage is just another erosion of societal value. And I understand that... Gays and Homosexuals are embarrased by being different, so much so, that they cannot celebrate their differences and have to FORCE their way into society.
    Asking for **equal** rights isn't something done out of embarrassment, nor is it "forcing" their way into society. It isn't my business to approve whom you love and marry, nor is it yours to approve whom gays love and marry. You don't own marriage, only your own.

But I notice that you have no answer for the fact that the genesis of Christian relationships--Adam and Eve--is based on incest, and that marriage in the bible is frequently polygamist, with concubines. So your definition of "traditional" marriage is strictly made up and self-serving rather than biblical. IMO, you think gays are icky and are just using the word traditional as an excuse to discriminate against gays. If you were **consistent** in advocating for biblical traditional relationships you'd have to be in favor of incest, polygamy, concubines, stoning non-virginal brides to death, etc., but you aren't, because you aren't really in favor of "traditional", biblical based relationships.
    <evidence><

Asking for **equal** rights isn't something done out of embarrassment, nor is it "forcing" their way into society. It isn't my business to approve whom you love and marry, nor is it yours to approve whom gays love and marry. You don't own marriage, only your own.

But I notice that you have no answer for the fact that the genesis of Christian relationships--Adam and Eve--is based on incest, and that marriage in the bible is frequently polygamist, with concubines. So your definition of "traditional" marriage is strictly made up and self-serving rather than biblical. IMO, you think gays are icky and are just using the word traditional as an excuse to discriminate against gays. If you were **consistent** in advocating for biblical traditional relationships you'd have to be in favor of incest, polygamy, concubines, stoning non-virginal brides to death, etc., but you aren't, because you aren't really in favor of "traditional", biblical based relationships.
    Its too bad you are so disingenuous about things. It's further a shame that you are only concerned with not what others post, but with your own postings... for some reason... Why ? Don't get enough from peers warbow? You should know my feelings about gays by now warbow, and since you don't... I'm not going to continue discussion with you.... You understand, its hard to have a discussion with someone who only hears themselves speak.

ummm ratt, you didnt answer warbs statement

ummm ratt, you didnt answer warbs statement
    I'm not going to either... The difference between warbow and you, Robin, is that you at least may not like my positions on things, but you try to state my positions accurately... and thus, we can have discussion. With warbow, its not worth my time anymore.

I'm not going to either... The difference between warbow and you, Robin, is that you at least may not like my positions on things, but you try to state my positions accurately... and thus, we can have discussion. With warbow, its not worth my time anymore.
    That happens sometimes when someone brings up a point you can't really argue or answer. It's okay to say.......that was a good point, I have no answer to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntin4Elk View Post
    That happens sometimes when someone brings up a point you can't really argue or answer. It's okay to say.......that was a good point, I have no answer to that.
    I have no idea what you are talking about.

I'm still not sure why anyone would want to get married... but what the heck? If gay'people want to suffer as much as straight people... why not let them?

Its too bad you are so disingenuous about things. It's further a shame that you are only concerned with not what others post, but with your own postings... for some reason... Why ? Don't get enough from peers warbow? You should know my feelings about gays by now warbow, and since you don't... I'm not going to continue discussion with you.... You understand, its hard to have a discussion with someone who only hears themselves speak.
    [emphasis added]

I think you are projecting. Your post doesn't respond to any of the points I brought up.
    <evidence><

[emphasis added]

I think you are projecting. Your post doesn't respond to any of the points I brought up.
    Why should I... You know what my position is on Gays and you decide to distort my position... so you are NOT WORTH IT.... Someday when you are willing to discuss stuff... hey who knows.

I have no idea what you are talking about.
    Evidently.

What she is saying is that you can just say "I have no defense or response to your arguments" rather than "Its too bad you are so disingenuous about things. It's further a shame that you are only concerned with not what others post, but with your own postings... for some reason... Why ? Don't get enough from peers warbow? You should know my feelings about gays by now warbow, and since you don't... I'm not going to continue discussion with you.... You understand, its hard to have a discussion with someone who only hears themselves speak."
    <evidence><

Evidently.

What she is saying is that you can just say "I have no defense or response to your arguments" rather than "Its too bad you are so disingenuous about things. It's further a shame that you are only concerned with not what others post, but with your own postings... for some reason... Why ? Don't get enough from peers warbow? You should know my feelings about gays by now warbow, and since you don't... I'm not going to continue discussion with you.... You understand, its hard to have a discussion with someone who only hears themselves speak."
    Oh but I do have an opinion... but why bother when you can't have an honet discussion with you..... Oh... and no offence warbow... but when she decides to explaine what she meant, I might decide to answer her... as for you... its all bullchit

Evidently.

Wow! All those words probably mean something, but I sure don't know what it is! LOL

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast