Thread: 10 inch + 5 inch Double beard Turkey

Thumbs up 10 inch + 5 inch Double beard Turkey

Called this bird in while the other guys were loading the truck ..Last ditch effort on my part ...My first double bearded turkey ...spurs were only 3/4 but, he weight about 25 lbs ...Shot him with my Knight tk2000 muzzle loader shotgun ...opening day ,,today in Oklahoma
    Attached Images Attached Images
    It's all about what tracks a man leaves as well as his prey..

Nice job. How close to the truck were you?
    2012 Elite Anwer 65# 29" Pimped Red Hades Skulls Spott Hogg Right On QAD HDX Bloodsport HT-2 300 Stokerized SS1 Firenocks Yeti Grips Tight Spot
    2009 Elite Z28 Realtree AP 28.5" Trophy Ridge 5 pin NAP Apache Easton Axis 400
    Quote Originally Posted by L.I.Archer View Post
    Never trust anyone with two first names.

The truck was about 50 yards behind me ...My buds were loading up and checking a trail cam not far from there ...But, once they heard the gobbles ...they got down and were quiet ...However, the Tom should of see the truck ...we had out a blind and decoys out in the spot he came in too..I was gathering stuff up and called a little with a mouth call ..when he sounded off, a ways out .So,.I got my binocs out and could see his head 400 yards out right in front of me..I thought he may see me if I tried to get back to the blind ..So, I used a small hill that was there in help me hide ...He came it too 30 yards ..I could see him just above the grass where I was hiding ..Real white head and I saw his fan once and knew it was not a Jake ,,,It is one of my best birds to date for sure ...

Congrats! thats great, what a story and a nice bird!
    Mathews UltraMax-_Elite energy 35-_SpyderWeb Targets_-Gold tip Arrows_-CBE Sights_-Scott and Stan Releases_-B stinger Stabilizers_-slick tricks_-

Nice bird